PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching the Fish/Colts game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the worst clock management I have ever seen.

Herm Edwards says 'hello'.

I don't know. Even Edwards was shouting at the TV "What the f*** are you doing?!?"

Never mind the clock management...did you SEE how slowly the Dolphins got lined up to get going?

Unreal!

Never mind the clock management...did you SEE how slowly the Dolphins got lined up to get going?

Unreal!

I could hear Donovan McNabb laughing all the way in Philadelphia. . . . :p

Did anyone really expect Miami to win this game? As soon as they kicked the last field goal, I knew it was over.

That being said, Indy doesn't look all that impressive. Taylor and Morris should be able to run all over them and hopefully Brady is more accurate by then.

Manning 14 completions for 303

TOP : Miami approx. 46 minutes Indy approx : 14 minutes

Total plays ran : Miami approx. 85 Indy approx. >40

While these are approx., I don't ever remember seeing such a one-sided game in these categories....EVER

I think this shows a lot about how good Peyton and the Colts still are, no matter what you still can't beat them. I think Miami played their heart's out, and the Colts didn't even have any name WR's besides Wayne, not to mention Bob Sanders didn't play again--doesn't matter...Indy's tougher than I expected, they still do whatever they want at will.

How can you run for almost 230 yards, put up over 400 yards total offense, and most importantly have possession of the ball for over 45 minutes of the game, and still lose? That's incredible.

Colts are 2-0 but look ordinary, and very beatable. Steelers are 1-1. SD is 1-1. Tennessee is 0-2. None look great. Baltimore's defense hasn't looked up to par so far.

It's still early in the season. Lots of teams other than us have issues to be addressed.

Did anyone really expect Miami to win this game? As soon as they kicked the last field goal, I knew it was over.

That being said, Indy doesn't look all that impressive. Taylor and Morris should be able to run all over them and hopefully Brady is more accurate by then.

Dude, the Colts D was on the field for 46 minutes, and still played pretty tough, even without Sanders.

Their offense had no one besides Wayne, and they just score at will--whenever...You know MIA was playing their heart's out, MNF, trying not to go 0-2, etc. They did everything correctly, 14 of 18 3rd down conversions!!!

Indy proves that no matter how perfect your gameplanning is, they still can do whatever they want. And Clark and the new RB Brown look good. I'm impressed, I thought they were going to struggle a bit with injuries, changes at coaching, etc. They're still pretty damn good with the no-huddle, and have a nasty pass rush still.

The problem with Miami is that their offense will take an AWFUL long time to score and take an lot of great, creative play calling to get into the end zone. Eventually, teams will catch on and make the appropriate adjustments.

The more important problem, though, is their defense. It simply is not good enough to shut down teams. Their offense will not be able to go out and put up 30 points to make up for it. Another huge problem is how they will be able to manage being behind. If they get behind by a TD or 2, they won't be able to score quick enough to come back and get a real chance to win.

Miami is coming back down to Earth and they will only continue to get worse. I'd be surprised if they managed more than 6 wins.

How can you run for almost 230 yards, put up over 400 yards total offense, and most importantly have possession of the ball for over 45 minutes of the game, and still lose? That's incredible.

Peyton still runs that no huddle pretty good, his timing with receivers is great still--even with the new guys. Those over the shoulder, sideline routes are almost impossible to defend. You know they doubled Wayne all game, and he still was a total beast.

I know the D gave up some yards etc, but they were on the field for freaking 46 minutes!! I have never seen such one-sided stats in T.O.P. like tonight.

I have seen a lot of Peyton comebacks, but was especially impressed tonight.

I was impressed with Manning and Clark and what Manning was able to do on the field in such a short period of time, but if that's any offense but the Dolphins, those 2 FGs are touchdowns.

I was impressed with Manning and Clark and what Manning was able to do on the field in such a short period of time, but if that's any offense but the Dolphins, those 2 FGs are touchdowns.

No, not really. The Colts have had one of the best red zone D's in the league over the past couple of seasons. I think they were number one last year.

They are very good at keeping teams out of the endzone.

But lord, tonight that was amazing. Manning barely had the ball and still pulled it off.

I hope all the naysayers saying "he's lost a step" were watching.

And for the love of God I hope Sanders crippled ass finally gets back on the field soon. The run D was God awful and they need him.

No, not really. The Colts have had one of the best red zone D's in the league over the past couple of seasons. I think they were number one last year.

But lord, tonight that was amazing. Manning barely had the ball and still pulled it off.

And for the love of God I hope Sanders crippled ass finally gets back on the field soon. The run D was God awful and they need him.

your D backs better get ready for Kurt Warner and Larry Fitz next week. i see a shootout between the colts and cards. the cards D is better than Miami's.

I have seen a lot of Peyton comebacks, but was especially impressed tonight.

he couldn't do it against SD in the playoffs when it counts. i have always felt peyton was a great regular season quarterback but an above average playoff QB.

he couldn't do it against SD in the playoffs when it counts. i have always felt peyton was a great regular season quarterback but an above average playoff QB.

Well, you remember how the game went to OT and he never touched the ball because our D let SD run right down the field?

As far as comebacks in the PO's go: 2006 AFC Championship.

your D backs better get ready for Kurt Warner and Larry Fitz next week. i see a shootout between the colts and cards. the cards D is better than Miami's.

The Cards don't worry me. They are a good team, but not great, and the Colts match up better against the Cards. Should be a good high scoring game.

Hopefully the Colts can pull it off.

Dude, the Colts D was on the field for 46 minutes, and still played pretty tough, even without Sanders.

Their offense had no one besides Wayne, and they just score at will--whenever...You know MIA was playing their heart's out, MNF, trying not to go 0-2, etc. They did everything correctly, 14 of 18 3rd down conversions!!!

Indy proves that no matter how perfect your gameplanning is, they still can do whatever they want. And Clark and the new RB Brown look good. I'm impressed, I thought they were going to struggle a bit with injuries, changes at coaching, etc. They're still pretty damn good with the no-huddle, and have a nasty pass rush still.

I agree they played tough. They only gave up 230 yards on the ground. People are acting like it was 2300. Last time I checked, if you give up anything less than 300 yards on the ground in a game, you played hard noes stout defense.

The only reason the Colts didn't get blown out in this game is because the Dolphins have no passing game nor big play abilities on offense. Against a better offense, this game would have been over in the 3rd quarter.

As Steve Young said, the Colts can't continue to win like this. There are so many times they are going to face a team that dominates them like this and lets them stick around. The Colts' defense played like crap and it was the Dolphins' offense that allowed them to stick around.

Last edited:

It is easy to have a great red zone defense vs. the Dolphins who have no red zone offense. Last week, they scored only one TD and it was basically garbage time when they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case