PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone here planning on using stimulus check money on Patriots related stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you in here plan on using the Stimulus check currently being mailed out to all USA citizens starting this week on anything Patriots related?

Maybe towards tickets for attending one of the games or towards season tickets or maybe just buying a big load of Patriots logo merchandise from the mall or online?

I and my wife are using the money to go on vacation to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary so,no Patriots stuff will be bought with the $1,200

Any of you with plans to spend some of that 'free cash' on the Pats?

Last edited:
Any of you with plans to spend some of that 'free cash' on the Pats?
"Free cash" is an interesting way of putting it.

Anyway, not me. I'm a bad American and mine is going to my IRA. Bad BelichickFan for saving, not spending ;)

Anyway, not me. I'm a bad American and mine is going to my IRA. Bad BelichickFan for saving, not spending ;)

I guess that makes me a bad american as well since im saving most of my 600 and maybe putting a small amount towards some school loans or something.:)

Thats the smartest way of doing things with the check with the IRA deposit,But I spend money quicker than I make it - Fortunately I make money quite easily (yes,legally) so spending it fast is not a big problem - at least right now while I am still decently young at 43

Last edited:
I guess that makes me a bad american as well since im saving most of my 600 and maybe putting a small amount towards some school loans or something.:)
I guess we can be bad together :D

I'm old enough (41) that I'm more interested in retiring early than helping stimulate the economy. Besides, I got my new Patriots' stuff on the Patriots' Day 20% off sale at patriots.com.

Free? (cough cough cough)

Who are we kidding we'll all be putting that money in our gas tanks one way or another. But, I am going to blow mine. Probably on a PS3 when the new ones come out next month. I want a Blu Ray player anyway. I have $100/week automatically transfered into a savings account and I have CDs and 401Ks so sometimes you just got to enjoy your money a little. Especially when it's unexpected.

I'm using it to pay for my flight down to San Francisco to watch the Patriots! I also decided that since the Patriots - Chargers game is the sunday night game, and that my friend has season tickets anyways I am going to stay through the week down there and go to the 49er - Eagles game as well and BOO THE HELL OUT OF SAMUEL!!

I didn't even know about this stimulus check.

Maybe I'll blow it on stimulating KTV girls!

Probably not.

I have enough pats stuff right now so mine will be prob be used on bills, but I already spent it kinda. I saw a guitar I really wanted about a month ago and knowing I had that check comming I bought it, and decided I will have to use that money on bills or something else I need to pay for...like gas or food or whatever. The good thing about the Pats losing the super bowl is it saved me money.

Mine, as most is already spent. If you use 20 gallons of gas a week, you've spent yours with cost of gas up 50 cents since January.:eek:

Maybee paying off charge cards that I used to buy pats stuff, but more likley to go to my gas cards, that are just insaine..

Last edited:
It's hardly "Free Cash"!

The Government's giving you YOUR OWN money and is taking out of next years return. Your only gain is essentially any interest that money would accrue over the course of the year as opposed to what Uncle Sam would accrue. If they really wanted to save us some money, they could dispense with countless useless Government programs that never go away. Like Reagan said, they're the closest thing on earth to everlasting life.

Putting it in oil futures to offset my boat's operating cost...

Putting it toward a new house. I wish I can blow it on some Pats gear, though. :D

Mine's going to reshingling my roof.

Do you think they make shingles in red, white, blue, and silver?

Any money left over is going to fix up a 2001 Ford Windstar that's been sitting in my driveway for 2 years... got to get it ready for two teenage drivers. Two teenage drivers... that'll be fun.

Me too, though I won't live to 65 so I want to keep it liquid-ish. Short term CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes