Welcome to PatsFans.com

They are underachievers (Hilarious article on the Colts loss)

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by lightningbolt, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightningbolt

lightningbolt On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this article is great:

2. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Comparing them to the Atlanta Braves is an insult to the Braves LOL At least Atlanta made the World series on multiple occasions if I remember correctly.

3. Blagger

Blagger Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the recent SB champion Colts are underachievers...what does that make the Chargers?

4. lightningbolt

lightningbolt On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Chagers didn't make the playoffs 10 years in a row. We also don't have the supposed best quarterback in the league, so naturally expectations are lower for us. The Chargers underachieved in 2006 because they had a 14-2 record but since then they have been playing above their record in the playoffs. The Colts on the other hand just went one and done to an 8-8 team even though they had a 12-4 record.

5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

When were the Chargers ever hyped up for anything? Every year all we here is how great the Colts are. Remember in 2004 divisional round they were FAVORED coming into Gillette against our 14-2 defending SB champs.

6. PatsFanJess

PatsFanJess Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The team that has ended the Colts season for the last two years.

7. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +75 / 2 / -0

a team which helps Indy out when it comes to underachieving time...

8. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

The Colts become the Geldings during the playoffs....

9. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Kind of makes you thankful that we went 11-5, tied for first in our division and never had to prove anything in the playoff's. We just lost the wrong games. The Fish pretty much proved by their performance they weren't the best 11-5 team in the AFCE. And so we avoid a lot of ripping from the media and the "what could have been" allure keeps us a junked out for Patriots football as ever. Meanwhile we get to sit back and watch all the "good teams" blow it.

These articles are hilarious because if the defense had gotten the ball back and the Colts drove the field for a simple FG from the former best kicker in the league (that'd be Ghost now, ;) ) they be touted as world-beaters.

10. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,318 / 25 / -6

Personally, I thought the Colts overachieved in the regular season and played to form in the playoffs. Watching them play other than maybe 3-4 games this season, I never felt they were clearly the better team on the field. In fact, many of the games they won, they got outplayed and the other team let them hang around long enough to make a handful of plays to give them the win. I think if the Colts lost the games they probably had no right winning, but did anyway; their record would have been something like 9-7 or 8-8. They should have lost to at least to Minnesota, Houston in the first game, Cleveland, and the Patriots. In two of those games (Cleveland and Houston), the difference between winning and losing were a fumble recovery returned for a TD in each of those games. Fumble recoveries for TDs are at least partially luck that the ball bounces in a place where the defenser can scoop it up and run it back.

I didn't think much of the Colts this entire season even with a 12-4 record. I gave them their due for winning games even ones they didn't have any business winning, but I expected them to lose either this weekend or next weekend. With their history vs. the Chargers, I had a good feeling they would lose this weekend.

11. GostkowSKI

GostkowSKI On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.