PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone here planning on using stimulus check money on Patriots related stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contradict to what Bush promised for 600 dollar check, i only received 530 dollar check. He might give the rest to me after leaving his office.?

i don't plan to put my money on sport much because i already purchased a Redsox and Pats hat.

Contradict to what Bush promised for 600 dollar check, i only received 530 dollar check. He might give the rest to me after leaving his office.?
Not everyone gets it all - some get nothing. I'm getting less that the full amount based on my income, it's not automatically the full amount for everyone.

Mine will go towards a remaining deposit on a custom Tom Anderson Guitarworks Hollow T guitar (Telecaster Style) light blue, rosewood neck, gold hardware, tortoise color pickguard.. expected in June :)

It's hardly "Free Cash"!

The Government's giving you YOUR OWN money and is taking out of next years return. Your only gain is essentially any interest that money would accrue over the course of the year as opposed to what Uncle Sam would accrue. If they really wanted to save us some money, they could dispense with countless useless Government programs that never go away. Like Reagan said, they're the closest thing on earth to everlasting life.

Basic Information on the Stimulus Payments

Updated April 17, 2008

You've heard about it. Now find out how to get yours.

What is it? It's an economic stimulus payment that more than 130 million households will receive starting in May. It's not taxable, and it won't reduce your 2007 or 2008 refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

I don't get tax refunds - I usually owe the IRS and local tax authorities

However I may use this $1,200 we get by traveling a bit in the summer

Not everyone gets it all - some get nothing. I'm getting less that the full amount based on my income, it's not automatically the full amount for everyone.

Is there a website you can go to in order to figure out if you will get it or not/how much you will get?

It's hardly "Free Cash"!

The Government's giving you YOUR OWN money and is taking out of next years return. Your only gain is essentially any interest that money would accrue over the course of the year as opposed to what Uncle Sam would accrue. If they really wanted to save us some money, they could dispense with countless useless Government programs that never go away. Like Reagan said, they're the closest thing on earth to everlasting life.

Basic Information on the Stimulus Payments

Updated April 17, 2008

You've heard about it. Now find out how to get yours.

What is it? It's an economic stimulus payment that more than 130 million households will receive starting in May. It's not taxable, and it won't reduce your 2007 or 2008 refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.
Right, it is NOT taken added to your tax due next year. That is a misconception due to confusion the last time a "stimulus" check was sent out. The way it worked was some people got checks, some didn't. The stimulus was also added to the basic tax form calculations so if you didn't get a check you got the money when filing your taxes. However if you got a check you had to add the amount as income on your tax form or you'd have gotten the stimulus twice. That led some people to think that they were repaying the money they had received via the check but that was not the case.

I didn't even know about this stimulus check.

Maybe I'll blow it on stimulating KTV girls!

Probably not.

KTV girls? Juicy girls?

I hardly see how this stimulus package is going to improve our economy and living expenses.

Hopefully, i won't be audited by IRS next year.

$525 is going towards a new timing belt for my car; the rest going to credit cards. Such fun.

Hey, I got that straight from H&R Block. I'll be more than happy to be wrong on this...

Who are we kidding we'll all be putting that money in our gas tanks one way or another. But, I am going to blow mine. Probably on a PS3 when the new ones come out next month. I want a Blu Ray player anyway. I have $100/week automatically transfered into a savings account and I have CDs and 401Ks so sometimes you just got to enjoy your money a little. Especially when it's unexpected.

what new ps3?

Of course. Isn't everyone?

Unfortunately, I will not be getting the "handout". Since there is a board for political comments, I will only say that a family with two kids that has income more than $150,000 SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED RICH and should have been included. Really, $75,000 is rich? Wow.

I will only say that a family with two kids that has income more than $150,000 SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED RICH and should have been included. Really, $75,000 is rich? Wow.
One of the problems with these labels is it's so dependent on where you live. In some places, a family of four making $150K is absolutely rich (or not needing stimulus anyway). However in many big cities it, as you say, certainly is not.

One of the problems with these labels is it's so dependent on where you live. In some places, a family of four making $150K is absolutely rich (or not needing stimulus anyway). However in many big cities it, as you say, certainly is not.

Sure. Maybe in Alaska...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore