PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone got a pic of Seymour being held on the almost Eli sack in 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe that, you know completely nothing about football. if this helps you sleep at night, be my guest. The Giants beat the Pats fair and square and most of the media in the country (except for Boston strangely) agrees.

That's because most of the mediots in the country were behind the smear campaign on the Patriots.

Yes, the Giants won. They played a well fought game. But you have to be a complete blind and utter idiot to not see the intentional facemask calls that were blown on that last play. Seymour and Green were both victims of it.

That's because most of the mediots in the country were behind the smear campaign on the Patriots.

Yes, the Giants won. They played a well fought game. But you have to be a complete blind and utter idiot to not see the intentional facemask calls that were blown on that last play. Seymour and Green were both victims of it.
You do understand that I could pick apart the game and come up with penalties on the Pats that were not called either dont you?

Face it the reality is the Giants came to play and it seem s the Pats overlooked their opponent and got their collective rear ends handed to them.

Do some research and find out how many times Offensive holding was called on the Pats OLine this year I think it is something like 8-10 times. Now are you goiung to try and tell me that is correct?

Should I whine about week 17 and the call on Toomer for no reason? You know the one where he was called for a personall foul for just standing there?

Re: Why will no one say it? Patriots lost the game because

We're Patriots fans. We don't make excuses.

That's what other team's fans do.

The Refs always make bad calls. It's up to the players to make sure that's not the difference in the game.
Right on! I am a Chargre fan and I could show you pictures of some pretty blatant holds, a PI, and a tripping call. So what, it's part of the game and they balance out. Patriots beat the Chargers, the Giants beat the Patriots. The rest is just whiny sour grapes. If you want the game to be called by the rules then write to Goodell. Many fans don't realise that in the NFL the play where the Giant had his hand on Seymour's chest while the Giant was behind him (almost) is LEGAL. The lineman had him from in front and is allowed to maintain his hand positioning even if the lineman gets by him.

pao

You don't call getting your head yanked by the facemask blatant? Get a clue!

facemask.jpg
Is it just me or does anyone else see that the Giant player doesn't have his facemask?

pao

Watch Jarvis Green on that video. There should have been no effin way that manning escapes his clutches. He had the best shot at taking him down, and just didn't use both arms to do it.

Excruciatingly painful to watch.
Is Green #97? If so his arm is locked up with Seymour's. See this pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/pheenix11/facemask.jpg

...dude was trying with all of his might and guts. Can't blame him, he was fighting with all his strength. In fact he may have been inadvertently forcing Seymour away from Manning. If he were a Charger I'd be proud of him.

pao

Livid is the feeling you get on a 6 a.m. flight out of Phoenix with most of the passegers being Giants fans chanting "overrated".....
That sucks. Oh well, you still have Brady and Bellichik, they have Coughlin and Manning. Who's going to win more SBs from now on??

pao

I officiate college football, and in my opinion there is no facemask on that play. Is there holding? Probably, but in my opinion down the stretch you only call train wrecks.

I'm a huge Pats fan, that play wasn't what decided the game, but to me it signified that the Giants were going to win. A bunch of things had to go right for them on that play, not JUST the non-call, how about the catch with Rodney whacking Tyree's arms?

Pats lost, the O-line got beat up good ALL game, not just in the 4th quarter. Matt Light had too many false starts. The Pats hadn't been called for holding in the previous two games, do you honestly think they had not held on any play in either of those games? We as Pats fans CANNOT whine about one play with a non-call and say that's why we lost, it's really intellectually weak.
Great post. One that should be read on EVERY team's board.

pao

And the blatant push-off OPI non-call catch for a long gain earlier in the game. That's the one I can't get over. I've seen Moss get called for OPI for much, much less during the reg. season.
And not called too. He got away with quite a few push offs. You are right though, that was a definite shove in the face by Toomer.

pao

Have you ever officiated one football game in your life? "one can not advance the ball"? "you can't advance a fumble"? Show me where it says this in ANY football rulebook.

If they had not called it an illegal bat, they would have given the ball to the Giants at the spot of the recovery. The only time they go back to the spot of the fumble is when someone other than the fumbler recovers the ball ON 4TH DOWN.

The rest of your post is gibberish.

but the point is the illegal bat is the "illegal" advancement of the ball. you simply can't advance the ball in that manner, and it was the illegal act by the Giant that created the first down. This rule was put into place I believe after the Oakland Raiders back in the 70's kept batting a ball, as opposed to simply falling on it or trying to recovery it, and they got a TD out of it . . .

The call was a pretty simple straight forward call and no I do not believe that it was a tough call to make, the Giant player was heading toward the ball and away from the first down marker and was in hot pursuit by two Pats players, he got to the ball first and "somehow" the ball did a nearly 180 turn and went up field some 6-8 yards, hmm . . . how does a ball go from rolling on the ground toward the offensive endzone, but then does a 180 . . . its not too hard to figure out . . . I saw the bat plain as day, it was an intentional swing at the ball in order to avoid a loss or worst yet, a recovery by Harrison which might of been a TD, so it was a heads up play by the Giant and a good call by the offical. They return the ball to the spot of the touching (and hence no "advancement") and assess a 10 yard penalty . . .

Just to highlight what I meant about the rest of your post, please tell me what the hell this is supposed to mean.

I think I was pretty clear in my post.

"If there are calls that tipped the scale to a loss" (translation - there was a win but the calls tip the scale to a loss)

"they [ther] were burnt as they would have won if the calls had been made . . . (translation - because the aforementioned calls tipping the scales from a win to a loss, they were robbed of a win)

I hope this helps . . . truth be told the first two words of the last sentence should have been "then they", but those typos don't effect the clarity of my point . . .

Now I NOT saying that the call or non calls did this, I said IF the calls did this . . . So dont read me as say that the calls DID tip the scale to a loss and we got robbed . . . As we lost the SB I not really in the mood to go over each call and make a point if collectively this is one of those games where the refs played a role in the game. My overall post was just to give my 2 cents in that I have no problem with bring the refs into the equation when mistakes are made and this PC don't blame the refs stuff I could do with out. Call it like it is, if teh refs effect the game then "THE REFS EFFECT THE GAME" PERIOD, no hiding from the fact simply becuase it sound better to say not to say so . . . that is all I was just putting in my 2 cents on the matter. And I just ended with a point that IF the refs effected the game in a matter in which a loss occured that would other wise not have occured but for the play by the refs then yes indeed the offended team got robbed . . .

Who cares? Honestly, stop making excuses. We played like balls, and lost. Thats all.

You guys need to watch this game again. The rewriting of history has begun.

Woods never clearly had control of the ball. He was on top of it, but his hands were not around the ball. I have watched that play a dozen times; if they reviewed it, it would not have been overturned.

Considering how much of an idiot you've shown yourself to be, please forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

crap ass play by the pats... and the fans cant wrap their heads around it...

not that i blame them.

What imbeciles like yourself don't understand is that many Pats fans agree that the Pats lost and the Giants won. That doesn't change the fact that the Officials blew two CLEAR face mask calls on the Manning Miracle pass.

Its not an excuse. Its REALITY. Something that ootball and yourself don't seem to be able to grasp.

No idea why some people can't just move on. I accepted it on Sunday, the Pats lost, nothing I can do about it, just wait for the next season to roll around and hope for the best. People need to give the Giants credit for playing an incredible game, and I think to a certain extent there are some fans here who aren't giving the Giants their due. Bottom line to me is that Seymour and Eli both had an opportunity to make a play, and whether or not Seymour was supposedly held or not, Eli made a huge play and Seymour didn't. After the play was completed, the Pats still had a chance to stop the Giants and didn't. The patriots motto for this year was play for 60 minutes and they failed to do that, and there you have it, Giants win the SB.

Funny how you come out of the wood work after the fact.. Where were you all season?

It was defanately holding. They probabaly didnt call it cause they never would have thought eli would get away or make a play. The ny fans would have gone nuts if they called it

You do understand that I could pick apart the game and come up with penalties on the Pats that were not called either dont you?

Sure you could. But your a nothing troll so I wouldn't give a flying frak if you did.

Face it the reality is the Giants came to play and it seem s the Pats overlooked their opponent and got their collective rear ends handed to them.

Listen moron. I have faced reality. Idiots like yourself are the ones who haven't. I admitted that the Pats got beat. That doesn't change the fact that the Officials missed 2 CLEAR MAJOR CALLS on that last play. THAT is reality. I wish you idiots could understand that, but I know that is asked too much.

Do some research and find out how many times Offensive holding was called on the Pats OLine this year I think it is something like 8-10 times. Now are you goiung to try and tell me that is correct?

How about you do the research since you are the idiot making the claim? I bet you that there were a lot more than 8-10 times over the season. And, as I said moron, the HOLDING wasn't the issue. The intentional face masks were.

Should I whine about week 17 and the call on Toomer for no reason? You know the one where he was called for a personall foul for just standing there?

You need to get your head examined sfbs. I am NOT whining. I am pointing out REALITY. As for the Toomer call, if you weren't such a POS Troll and had been on the board then, You'd have seen that I said it WASN'T Toomer who should have been called for the foul. There WAS another Giant player who should have been called because he was the one who tripped Eckel.

Sure you could. But your a nothing troll so I wouldn't give a flying frak if you did.

Listen moron. I have faced reality. Idiots like yourself are the ones who haven't. I admitted that the Pats got beat. That doesn't change the fact that the Officials missed 2 CLEAR MAJOR CALLS on that last play. THAT is reality. I wish you idiots could understand that, but I know that is asked too much.

How about you do the research since you are the idiot making the claim? I bet you that there were a lot more than 8-10 times over the season. And, as I said moron, the HOLDING wasn't the issue. The intentional face masks were.

You need to get your head examined sfbs. I am NOT whining. I am pointing out REALITY. As for the Toomer call, if you weren't such a POS Troll and had been on the board then, You'd have seen that I said it WASN'T Toomer who should have been called for the foul. There WAS another Giant player who should have been called because he was the one who tripped Eckel.

Dude lets get over it. It makes us look worse gettin all biligerent over it.

Other than Grogan's Neck Roll and a handful of others, Holy Smokes. This is a prime example of what happens when there's no score-keeping in soccer in grade school and no red pen used on tests to point out big, fat mistakes. Does anyone know how to lose graciously anymore? Life is about loss and isn't always "fair", hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back