Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone else hate the background of the stadium?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatSunday, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatSunday

PatSunday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Patriots should have painted over the 50th anniversary celebration graphics around the perimeter of the playing field. The postseason is not the time to celebrate accomplishments of previous seasons. It's time to get to business. It only served to make the Patriots feel small in the light of previous accomplishments, instead of trying to start their own dynasty.

While we didn't lose at home once during the regular season, the graphics didn't seem to be out of place--and of course, many teams in the league featured special garb during certain matches. However, once in the playoffs, with the 50th anniversary games having ended a few weeks prior, it was hard not to feel sick seeing a giant mural of Bill Belichick's head while the Patriots were getting beat down by the Ravens. Anyone else have the same reaction?

Here's a link to an image for those who didn't watch any home games this season. :)
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bunting.JPG
  2. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I agree. Its just weirdly narcissistic to have images like that. Just odd, and a mistake.
  3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,786 / 16 / -21

OMG!!...I was thinking the exact same thing to myself at the game...but I kept my mouth shut...yeah, to me, good Lord...beyond tacky...if I'm the other team I want to DESTROY you for that flaunty bullbleep.
  4. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

I dont like it either lol, honestly I dont like the red. They should paint it Blue!
  5. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

While we're at it can we yank down that 16-0 banner? It's just a constant reminder...
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

If we're going to do a remodel I suggest we yank down the lighthouse and replace it with a giant beer tap.
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,751 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

I think we should build a wall where the opening is and paint a giant Robert Kraft face on it. That way, all the players can KNOWZ DAT DA OWNAZ IZ WATCHIN THEM!
  8. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't get why this is being brought up now. They've had this all season long. I liked better than the ugly red they had since 2002.
  9. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +220 / 3 / -1

Bonus points if he's depicted in shadowy relief wearing a coal scuttle helmet.
  10. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,751 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

That would actually be pretty sick. Think of the free agent signings that would happen then!
  11. Bertil

Bertil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know it's not actually painted on...it's a printed tarpaulin that they hang. The Jets have one to cover over the Giant blue, The Bungles, jungle motif is no doubt one too. They could probably produce a different one each year. The plain red is boring (not that I really care). After all of the necessary offseason changes, perhaps this one can wait.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.