PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone concerned about Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Patriots fans are funny, especially the ones writing off the Dolphins. Have you not learned your lesson yet? This is the NFL and ANYTHING is possible. You write off the Giants in the Super Bowl and look what happened. I thought that would have taught you your lesson, but no it didnt because again last year you all completely wrote off the Jets. I cant believe any of you are writing off any team after your recent history....

You Patriots fans are funny, especially the ones writing off the Dolphins. Have you not learned your lesson yet? This is the NFL and ANYTHING is possible. You write off the Giants in the Super Bowl and look what happened. I thought that would have taught you your lesson, but no it didnt because again last year you all completely wrote off the Jets. I cant believe any of you are writing off any team after your recent history....

Wait, you mean to tell me that posters on their respective team's messageboard are bullish about their team's prospects?

If I were shocked at that, I'd be shocked to wake up this morning and discover the sky is blue.

Good provocative response, dipstick. Your comparison of the 2011 Miami Dolphins to the SB Champion NY Giants and the 2010 NY Jets begins exactly where?

The 7-9 2010 Dolphins are not exactly on anyone's list of emerging NFL powerhouses and currently a 7-1/2 point underdog.

Good provocative response, dipstick. Your comparison of the 2011 Miami Dolphins to the SB Champion NY Giants and the 2010 NY Jets begins exactly where?

The 7-9 2010 Dolphins are not exactly on anyone's list of emerging NFL powerhouses and currently a 7-1/2 point underdog.

The Jets were 9 point underdogs, DO THE MATH DIP****

You're a Jets fan. Why do you care if some Pats fans are taking Miami lightly?

I am.

A MNF opener, if that doesn't get that team up, nothing will.
They have a solid defense, good corners, Cameron Wake?, and Jared Odrick looks like a beast.
If Chad Henne doesn't give the game away, this will be a tough out.
Any given sunday and shlt, but I'm curious, what makes you think the Dolphin D is sold, and how does Odrick look like a beast by not playing last year?
We did outscore them 79-21 last year. Not sure what has changed to make me be more concerned that I normally would be against any mediocre team on the road.

The Jets were 9 point underdogs in a January 2011 playoff game against the Patriots somehow justifies the Dolphins as a legitimate threat in week one? Okay. So the Dolphins are 1.5 points less of an underdog next week. So?

Oh, and back to the question you dodged - what are the comparisons between this year's edition of the Miami Dolphins and the 2007 Giants or the 2010 Jets?

Last edited:
do_not_feed_the_trolls_sticker-p217469650397770998qjcl_400.jpg

Any given sunday and shlt, but I'm curious, what makes you think the Dolphin D is sold, and how does Odrick look like a beast by not playing last year?
We did outscore them 79-21 last year. Not sure what has changed to make me be more concerned that I normally would be against any mediocre team on the road.

The Dolphins added a terrific LB in Kevin Burnett, so the front 7 is solid. But the LBs are not exactly fleet footed in coverage the DBs are completely suspect. My guess is we see Ocho's coming out party and lots of Hernandez and Gronk against those LBs.

Last edited:
i'm sure jet fan isn't surprised by all their losses. i know i'm not.

Is every game this season really going to warrant a: " This game is a complete trap and their is no way the Pats can win" thread?

The only game this season easier than Miami will be Buffalo.

The only game this season easier than Miami will be Buffalo.

If everybody stays healthy, the last five look pretty easy: Indy, Washington, Denver, Dolphins, Bills.

Denver is pretty much a train wreck right now and may be the easiest road game on the schedule. The Bills were very tough outs last season.

Many reasons to worry about Miami

1) First Monday Night Game Of The Season and the Home team hungry for a win and the fans revving them up

2) Brady has historically struggled in Miami with some of his worse defeats there

3) Revenge for the beatdown in Miami last season where the Pats looked like they dominated but covered up by 3 STs blunders that made the game look much worse than the scoreboard said

4) All teams believe they can win the division and this gives the home team the edge in momentum early

5) The home dog on MNF when being an underdog by 3 or more points has a fantastic win ratio against the spread

6) No one knows what this team has on the front defense besides Wilfork and Mayo....Preseason shows a faint glimmer but not enough to take seriously

7) Cameron Wake,Cameron Wake,Cameron Wake

8) Brandon Marshall has said he has something to prove this season

9) The Dolphins defense,especially thier secondary is vastly underrated and there is no real downfield threat for a quick bomb so we must hit the slot area and short field gains and run effectively to win

The positive thing is that Win or Lose,this is week 1 of a 16 game regular season and even if the Pats lose its not going to be the end of the world.

Last edited:

1) First Monday Night Game Of The Season and the Home team hungry for a win and the fans revving them up

2) Brady has historically struggled in Miami with some of his worse defeats there

3) Revenge for the beatdown in Miami last season where the Pats looked like they dominated but covered up by 3 STs blunders that made the game look much worse than the scoreboard said

4) All teams believe they can win the division and this gives the home team the edge in momentum early

5) The home dog on MNF when being an underdog by 3 or more points has a fantastic win ratio against the spread

6) No one knows what this team has on the front defense besides Wilfork and Mayo....Preseason shows a faint glimmer but not enough to take seriously

9) The Dolphins defense,especially thier secondary is vastly underrated and there is no downfield threat so we must hit the slot area and short field gains

The positive thing is that Win or Lose,this is week 1 of a 16 game regular season and even if the Pats lose its not going to be the end of the world.

Don't forget Miami can't win home games as well. ;)

If everybody stays healthy, the last five look pretty easy: Indy, Washington, Denver, Dolphins, Bills.

Denver is pretty much a train wreck right now and may be the easiest road game on the schedule. The Bills were very tough outs last season.

I think Washington may be a loss

We all know what a Shanahan team has done against much of Belichick's tenure here and probably the most equal to his gameplan and intelligence in the league.

Sure Shanahan has a different team but with Haynesworth and his headaches out of the way and IMO that means a better locker room,I think the Redskins can have a decent season

Brady destroyed the Skins in 2007 but lost to them in 2003 so its 1-1 but I don't believe Brady has ever played in Washington yet.

Last edited:
Don't forget Miami can't win home games as well. ;)

That may not be so good for us as you can probably add that they want to show the fans some excitement and some good wins to fill up those seats so that Estefan and Co. dont have to declare bankruptcy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reasons to worry about the Dolphins are:

1) On any given Sunday, any NFL team is capable of beating any other NFL team.

2) There is no other reason to worry. The Dolphins need to stars to align to win. Possible, but not likely.

9) The Dolphins defense,especially thier secondary is vastly underrated and there is no real downfield threat for a quick bomb so we must hit the slot area and short field gains and run effectively to win

The only reasons to worry about the Dolphins are:

1) On any given Sunday, any NFL team is capable of beating any other NFL team.

2) There is no other reason to worry. The Dolphins need to stars to align to win. Possible, but not likely.

I bet you were saying the same thing when we played Cleveland last year but yeah...any given Sunday...or in this case, Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will be low scoring unless Miami turns it over. I'm not worried about Miami's offense. I think more pressure from us will affect Henne a lot. Brady and the offense might have some trouble. It's a road night game to start the year. I'd like a W but this looks like a coin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back