PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance Tuna brings Bledsoe to Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The myth returns.

i agree drew was too moody and focused on clinging to starter position to mentor anyone. and in brady's case that turned out to be a good thing!

If he is smart he will bring Bledsoe to Miami, not as a player but as the QB coach. He was the mentor to 2 of the 5 best QBs in the league.
Who the f do you think you are??

Anderson isn't leaving Cleveland. Not sure if Mangini would trade Chad within the division, either.

Why not? Let Chad hurt another team in the division besides his.

Anderson isn't leaving Cleveland. Not sure if Mangini would trade Chad within the division, either.

Waterpistol might be released outright. How many back up QB's are making $5M in '08? :confused:

Subjecting Drew to Fishes' crappiness would be almost criminal.

If Anderson isn't leaving Cleveland, what will the Brown's do with Quinn??

If Anderson isn't leaving Cleveland, what will the Brown's do with Quinn??

Sit him for a few years and let him learn, keeping him as insurance. IIRC he wanted an incentive laden contract but with Anderson as the starter, he won't meet most or any of those incentives. As a result, the cost to Cleveland for the next 4 years is minimal for a backup ($1-$2 million per between salary and cap number))

No. Perhaps you haven't heard - Bledsoe's retired.

I just don't want to see Matt Ryan in Miami.

Are you calling Brady a lier.

The myth of Bledsoe being a mentor was crushed a few times, least of all in Patriot Reign. What do expect Brady to say. If you read Moving the Chains, you'll see no love for Loyld Carr, but Brady had respectful things to say upon his retirement.

And Tuna's miscalculation on his maturation process basically cost him his standing and ultimately his job in Dallas. The last person he brings back to the AFCE with him is Bledsoe.

I beg to differ my good man.

The last person he brings back to the AFCE with him is Billy Joe Tolliver. Drew Bledsoe is a better option.

There will be many free agent QB's. There's not rush. Parcells is beuilding for the future. My guess is Pennington. I think that he will be cut.

If he is smart he will bring Bledsoe to Miami, not as a player but as the QB coach. He was the mentor to 2 of the 5 best QBs in the league.

No. He was replaced by 2 of the best 5 QBs in the league. That doesnt mean he had ANYTHING to do with their success.
Drew Bledsoe would be a horrible QB coach. The worst coaches are guys with great natural physical ability but the lack of intelligence or knowledge of the game to get the most out of it. That is what Bledsoe is.

Maybe in a coaching position.

A guy so desperate to beat feet outa Foxboro that he had a helicopter warming up after the last game of the season so he could beat feet outa town to his cabin?

A guy eager to leave his family and work 7 days a week over 12 hours a day in season?

Don't. Think. So.

Since Mangini is just a Belichick retread, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a page out of BB's book and do what Belichick did with Bledsoe. If Mangini is convinced that Chad is a QB with easily exploitable weaknesses, he would relish the opportunity of going against him twice per year.

A guy so desperate to beat feet outa Foxboro that he had a helicopter warming up after the last game of the season so he could beat feet outa town to his cabin?

A guy eager to leave his family and work 7 days a week over 12 hours a day in season?

Don't. Think. So.

I hear what you're saying PWP. I found an article from the MiamiHerald.com where Bledsoe supposedly called Parcells a jerk.

http://www.miamiherald.com/609/story/351302.html

Since Mangini is just a Belichick retread, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a page out of BB's book and do what Belichick did with Bledsoe. If Mangini is convinced that Chad is a QB with easily exploitable weaknesses, he would relish the opportunity of going against him twice per year.

Pennington's a better QB than most think. Aside from his lack of arm strength, it's hard to say he has any glaring weaknesses besides his inability to stay on the field. It isn't like Bledsoe, who had holes in his game big enough to drive a tank through that could be easily exploited. I think Pennington is a bit underrated... he deserves a chance to start with another franchise. God knows, a team like the Vikings would love him right now.

As for Bledsoe, he's happily retired. Parcells will go with Beck or draft his own guy if he isn't convinced Beck can be a starter. Cleo Lemon's likely on the outs... I'd take him as a backup for the Patriots in a split second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes