PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another big drop by Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't go through every dam page to see other Wes Welker threads. Merge it then if having another discussion gets your panties in a whirl. So now I posted a stupid thread. This is why I don't post that much. This site used to be a fun site where people could post what they felt like without being personally attacked. I'm out of here. And before anyone else posts "Good Riddance" you can Eff off.

First and foremost, the other Welker thread was on the front page. Secondly, you weren't personally attacked in any way, shape or form. You, however, do seem to have your panties in a whirl over the reactions you have gotten. So maybe it is YOU that is the issue and not other people.

It's not crazy to think that with a healthy Gronk and a healthy AHern, Wes would have been targeted 10% less often or more.

Face it, while we say Brady throws it to the guy who is open, there's shades of gray and he throws it to whomever is "most open". So I bet his % goes up in that case.

I have no issue with reducing Wes's role after re-signing him, and then upgrading from Lloyd or adding a viable 3rd WR option that is better than Edelman to get his workload down.

Brady hasn't been the "he throws it to the open receiver" since he got Moss in 2007. I've lost track of how many people have mentioned him trying to force the football to Welker, to Gronk, to Moss, to Hernandez at various different times.

Brady made a comment to Dan Marino in the interview that CBS showed prior to the AFCCG and Brady said he's not as relaxed and is more anxious now than he was back in 2001 or even 2003/2004. And I believe it shows. He doesn't hit the open receiver as much as he used to. And that was definitely the case in the AFCCG. People were commenting on how many times he had the RB (Woodhead or Vereen) open underneath with no one near them and Brady tried to go to Lloyd or Welker or Branch deeper only to have the pass go incomplete.

I wouldn't resign Welker and heres why. When the Pats won there Superbowls i remember 2 HUUUUUUUUGE things they did then that they dont do now. Our D Line Always had there hands up to knock down passes. Seymour Willie they all did it. You rarely see tipped passes from the pats nowadays. 2. CLUTCH WR'S. WR's who would always make that clutch catch when it mattered. If it wasnt Givens running his usual out patterns or Brown going in the middle it was always someone stepping up and securing the catch. Wes Belongs on the Mannings Colts teams. He isnt clutch when it counts. I dont want to read about his 3rd down catches. Facts are facts he dropped 2 game changing balls. If you offered me Givens and David P. for Welker i would do it in a heartbeat. Our Dline to short it seems. Wilfork i love him and he would be the only one of the d line i would keep who cant touch his hands behind his back. We need more tip balls more clutch catches. We dont need WR's looking to put up huge stats but dont make clutch catches. Oh and for all you Ninko haters i think he would be the only one on this D right now well Spikes and Wilfork to, that would fit in with the D's from the superbowl run. Ninko is clutch you keep those players. He doesnt grab that onside kick from a couple of games ago we might lose. Think about it. Back to Beer:eat2: and shoveling ugh

They are only facts because you want them to be facts. Sorry, but Hernandez and Branch BOTH had drops AFTER Welker's in the SB last year yet all people like you do is complain about Welker's drop. You refuse to accept that it was a badly thrown ball by Brady (thrown to the wrong shoulder). This year, you had bad passed by Brady to Vereen, Hernandez, and Lloyd all either before or after that throw to Welker that could have been differences.

You cherry pick what you want cause it suits you and your theory..

The number of botched plays that can be tolerated from a guy has a lot to do with the number of plays he does make.

Welker makes a lot of plays. Brady, of course, makes even more. So Welker is entitled to the occasional botch, and Brady is entitled to some number of botches each game.

That said, Brady at least overspent his one-game quota last Sunday ...

This is what we refer to as the rose colored glasses and tin foil hat wearing society. :) Can't stand to hear ANYTHING negative about the Pats....everything is just fine and dandy! Fact is you are right. Welk has been a phenomenal talent here and a true Patriot. But he is getting older, skills starting to slip, because of all the teeth rattling hits he's taken...been hearing alot of footsteps coming when no one's even close yet. Thus the DROPSIES over the past couple years. Welker has been the FOCAL point of our offense for a long, long time now. A good DC knows that if you take welk out of the gameplan or seriously disrupt his rhythm...you seriously weaken pats offensive power....combine that with gronk being out...going to really slow us down. I agree completely that welk should be a strong COMPLIMENT to the offense here...NOT be the focal point or primary WR. We need to bring in some big time (and big!) TALL and physical WR that can stretch the field. (Larry Fitz, Hakim Nicks,Dez Bryant TYPE receivers) Welk is just going to want too much money and too many years...Pats need to really look at this situation carefully ....with the rose colored glasses OFF! ;))
Thank you for giving a worthwhile comment and adding some deep thought to the discussion.

This is what really pi$$e$ me off about this site. I come here and make an observation about the offense and while I understand most people don't want to remove their lips from their favorite players butt, reasonable discussion and disagreement should be the rule of the day. So I make an observation and some DOUCHEBAG comes and makes a disparaging remark. The Patriots losing really bring out the ugly in some people.

I assume you're demanding that Brady take a huge pay cut or be released, too, right?

Maybe a different thread is needed for this topic, but Brady's 2013 cap hit - $21.8 million - is tough to manage with the cap essentially flat (even though revenues start to skyrocket from the new TV deal.)

Brady will definitely be asked to re-structure his deal, but they're running out of future years to kick the can down the road. I worry about another Peyton Manning situation unfolding here.

You make no sense at all. Why would the Pats cut Lloyd? He's exactly what they were expecting. A complimentary receiver. If your expectations were more than that, maybe you should re-examine your expectations.

Indeed I'm spouting non sense in posting that I'd prefer to keep a durable, YAC machine over a catch and go down complimentary WR. Other than cap implications there is no reason to keep Lloyd over Welker if one "has to go".

Welker's relative quality of play was in line with everyone else's

the team simply dod not show up the way it should have or the way the ravens did

they crapped themselves......that much was obvious

I liked this team better when it was breaking peoples helmets with head butts

they played like ****ies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back