PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make a big move today

The last thing they should do is time a move based on the desires of the fanbase. Our emotions should not be a factor.
Thats what we say every year. Just for once it woukd be fun.
Look at the eagles and Raiders

Moves like that

Waiting patiently for improvements in glaring holes at QB, OL and WR.

Waiting patiently for improvements in glaring holes at QB, OL and WR.
Your best hope in FA is Brissett, Ridley or trade for Higgins.

Everything else will be through the draft. They certainly aren’t acting with any urgency thus far. Better walk away with Ridley or Higgins.

Ideally, the only big splashes I want are for a WR (either trade or FA) and bringing in a Tyron Smith or tripping Onwenu. I’m good with any other moves being made to be more lower end veteran signings.

Plenty of time to accomplish the above.

You get what you pay for, the Patriots don't pay for stars so don't have any.

Brady taking less all those years made the Krafts think they were above paying anyone a fair market value, now they're not an attraction and no one is coming unless it's for the money.

You get what you pay for, the Patriots don't pay for stars so don't have any.

Brady taking less all those years made the Krafts think they were above paying anyone a fair market value, now they're not an attraction and no one is coming unless it's for the money.
Kraft thought they were coming to play for him. Didn’t realize they were coming to play for the best coach in football, and that lost its luster when BB shot himself in both feet multiple times over the past couple of years. Now he’s changed the package but there’s going to be skepticism until the product Mayo puts on the field proves itself.

You have no evidence that this is true.
The fact that they've done nothing but retain their own guys from a 4-13 team doesn't really inspire confidence.

The fact that they've done nothing but retain their own guys from a 4-13 team doesn't really inspire confidence.

All 3 re-upped when there was a definite market for them that they didn't bother testing says good things to me. Understand YMMV

You have no evidence that this is true.
Their big outside of retaining players signing is Antonio Gibson who is an average Joe running back.

A lot of high quality players are off the board. Their QB options are Brissett, Jimmy G, Zappe and Flacco.

As of right now we still have a 4-13 quality roster. And let’s be honest there’s not much out there that will help us build a 6-7 win team at this point. We’re in for another toilet swirl of a season.

Maybe we’ll get out of the swirl next offseason and become an “in the hunt” team.

The last thing they should do is time a move based on the desires of the fanbase. Our emotions should not be a factor.
All due respect but you don't understand Sir. We need our gratification NOW. There are preschool age New England children out there who have never experienced a championship!

I think the three of us together could offer some valuable, objectively dispassionate input. For instance, I would have suggested Wolf do exactly as he has so far. (Some surprises are in store but that's between Eliot and me for now.)

Traded Mac. Addition by subtraction.

Signed Brisket. Upgraded QB.
Yup, that's 1 thing. The one signing that's upgraded the team in any meaningful way, and it's Jacoby Brissett.

Yup, that's 1 thing. The one signing that's upgraded the team in any meaningful way, and it's Jacoby Brissett.
Agreed, guy does have a rocket arm. And can run AVPs offense.

Agreed, guy does have a rocket arm. And can run AVPs offense.
I mean, he's also Jacoby Brissett, and it's a 1 year deal, so he's here to be the bridge guy for the QB we're drafting.

It's not like we signed Prime Joe Montana - although it will be nice to see a player be able to rope a 15-yard out and not have it look like a lolipop.

I mean, he's also Jacoby Brissett, and it's a 1 year deal, so he's here to be the bridge guy for the QB we're drafting.

It's not like we signed Prime Joe Montana - although it will be nice to see a player be able to rope a 15-yard out and not have it look like a lolipop.
Agreed, imagine I'd never thought I'd be excited to have a bridge QB signed. Tells you how putrid last season offensively was. He's not perfect but he will take care of the ball and move the chains.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back