PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

americas game: 2003 pats on now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 2004 version was great, but this is the best version of America's game Ive seen yet..

Stumbled onto it at midnight instead of the Draft Review...

They hate their coach... gotta love Rodney's narration - we were pissed off at him but hate him? why?

Then the NFL narrator chronicaling the loss to Buffalo, win over Philly and then the inexplicable loss to Washington that Charlie said really galvanized the teams resolve not to be an up and down .500 team. Noted their next loss would come in October... of the following year. Secretariat pulling away from the pack.

Willie's goal line stop, Brady to Brown in Miami in OT, the intentional safety, Charlie's expletive riddled reaming in the Miami game that culmimated in Tommy's pooch punt downed at the 1 changing field position leading to Tedy's emotional INT for the TD that the fans celebrated tossing snow in unison with the music. Payback 31-0.

Situational football. Just do your job. See the prize and then go get it. Imagine trying to motivate 53 players that simply if they hate their coach.

Hope NEM caught the part where Charlie was told if we lost to the Titans he was the next HC of the Buffalo Bills. I'll never understand the reverse logic losing teams employ.

I have all 3 on DVR now as well and going in I figured the 2001 would be the best one but it wasn't. The 2003 story smoked the other two IMO for a few reasons.

1. The passion of the three presenters, Rodney, Willie, and Charlie.
2. The behind the scenes view of preparing for game situations.
3. Seeing how much it meant to them and how they all picked up on the fans tossing snow out of pure joy not throwing snowballs out of hate. That gave me chills and Willie's comments about wanting to join them.
4. I don't see how fans of another team cannot go away from that without having begrudging respect for Rodney. I've watched ones on other teams and thought ok you have to respect him even if you hate him because he plays for them.
5. Charlie on the sidelines screaming at them during the Miami game was awesome. McDaniels, and I'm not down on him like some, should watch that.

A couple of times I got the misty eyed chills remembering it all like it was yesterday and my wife starts busting my balls saying "Do you need a tissue for your chick flick?" LOLOL.

I recorded it last night just to see "Sounds of the Game" when I woke up this morning and tried to watch it. No matter though, it's coming on at 1 again anyway and I'm recording it.

Has anyone had trouble with Direct TV's schedule? America's game showed up on the guide at 11pm (PST) but it was Total Access or something else. I've got my DVR set to record all episodes of the series and a number of the recordings are not America's Game at all.

It is set to repeat a # of times over the next few days so I just hope that one of them is right but its kind of frustrating. NFLN seems to be the only channel that I've been having contradictions with the guide on a regular basis. Then again NFLN is probably 30% of my TV viewing.

Has anyone had trouble with Direct TV's schedule? America's game showed up on the guide at 11pm (PST) but it was Total Access or something else. I've got my DVR set to record all episodes of the series and a number of the recordings are not America's Game at all.

It is set to repeat a # of times over the next few days so I just hope that one of them is right but its kind of frustrating. NFLN seems to be the only channel that I've been having contradictions with the guide on a regular basis. Then again NFLN is probably 30% of my TV viewing.
The bastiches screwed up the listings, I wound up recording every show listed just to make sure I got it - I now have it as the Draft recap program, you still have a shot to get it by recording everything between now and 7 p.m. Bastichs NFL Network/DirecTV are always screwing with my DVR.

Restructuring usually doesn't result in less money.

He chose to be at the Browns' press conference holding their uniform.
I think you're wrong about this, BF. From everything I saw and read the Pats never offered Willie a new deal, the did him a favor by letting him know at the very earliest possible time so the Browns could scoop him up. They knew he'd get a good deal there, but the Pats weren't willing to offer him one.

Another Willie M fan here,perhaps he left for the money as others did,it didnt seem like he left the way Law,Branch and Milloy did somehow.Whaddya think,a hall-of-famer?

Another Willie M fan here,perhaps he left for the money as others did,it didnt seem like he left the way Law,Branch and Milloy did somehow.Whaddya think,a hall-of-famer?

Not even close unfortunatley. Id be extremly shocked to see him in the hall.

I don't care the reasons why Willie left. I still love him, and the same goes for Ty Law, Adam, Corey Dillon, and in time, Branch.

I think you're wrong about this, BF. From everything I saw and read the Pats never offered Willie a new deal, the did him a favor by letting him know at the very earliest possible time so the Browns could scoop him up. They knew he'd get a good deal there, but the Pats weren't willing to offer him one.
Well there was a lot of talk that McGinest had a deal midseason with the Browns and Belichick knew about it which is why he never made an offer. And although the Patriots never "talked with McGinest", I believe that's semantics and they were in touch with his agent.

Regardless of how much of that is true, I have no dount McGinest could have returned at a lower price.

After watching that, I cried. Especially at the part where Rodney talks about finally winning. God I love that guy.

And there is no question in my mind, after watching that, that we can keep some levelheads in our locker room this year. There is just to much of a will to win for there not to be.

I don't care the reasons why Willie left. I still love him, and the same goes for Ty Law, Adam, Corey Dillon, and in time, Branch.

I feel the same for Willie and Corey, the others not so much. Ty for some reason I never made a connection with.

It is going to kill me when #37 goes. Please retire a Patriot.

Willie was a leader, you can't say that about law or vinatieri.

I remember when everyone thought Willie would never put a full season together, with all the injuries he had, It's rare to see an aging athelete get healthier and better when he's past his physical prime, that just shows you how dedicated he was.

Harrison mentioned how he was studying film before 6 am, before anyone else was there, he was a great teammate and leader, thats why willie is different. not to mention he has style.

nobody ever realized that willie was a huge leader
til bruschi came out once and announced that the biggest leader of the team was indeed willie, i remember seein it on fox sports tonight, and they said how he didnt say as much and wasnt as loud as some, but when he said somethin EVERYONE listened

i think jackie macmullen came out with the article in like 99 or somthin sayin he would probably retire...willie said screw that and went on to have some extremely productive and impactful seasons, returnin to the pro bowl one more time, and ending up bein the all time sack leader in the history of the nfl playoffs

Not even close unfortunatley. Id be extremly shocked to see him in the hall.

i disagree
when players are on winning teams they get bounced up a notch
now, if willie gets in andre tippett def deserves to
but as we have all said, ppl will remember his leadership
and theyll remember his nack for the big play (not just that stuff of edge...the sack of peyton in the opening game one yr knocking them out of fg range and basically winning the game...two straight tfl vs houston in that game in 03 when we won in ot...td vs the jets in 03 or 04...and many more)

i honestly got all wrapped up in the hatred here of adam
i remember sayin after he left that i would give him a standing ovation when he first played us...i did no such thing lol
its jus hard seein him in a colts uni

Well there was a lot of talk that McGinest had a deal midseason with the Browns and Belichick knew about it which is why he never made an offer. And although the Patriots never "talked with McGinest", I believe that's semantics and they were in touch with his agent.

Regardless of how much of that is true, I have no dount McGinest could have returned at a lower price.

i remember some ppl in here said that he was offered an extension

i honestly got all wrapped up in the hatred here of adam
i remember sayin after he left that i would give him a standing ovation when he first played us...i did no such thing lol
its jus hard seein him in a colts uni

I absolutely hated Adam when he left. I would have booed him if I was at the Colts game. But I think it's like the 5 stages of grief with the final one being acceptance. I'm still sad he left but I will never forget the amazing things he did as a Patriot and how intregal a part he was of this dynasty. I still hate the Colts but I now feel that if they were to come to Gillette I would cheer for him.

Willie was a leader, you can't say that about law or vinatieri.

I remember when everyone thought Willie would never put a full season together, with all the injuries he had, It's rare to see an aging athelete get healthier and better when he's past his physical prime, that just shows you how dedicated he was.

Harrison mentioned how he was studying film before 6 am, before anyone else was there, he was a great teammate and leader, thats why willie is different. not to mention he has style.

p.s. Did anyone see america's game on the 2002 Bucs, Warren Sapp is one funny guy, I hope he becomes a commentator, he would be better than alot of theese guys. :rocker:

funny you mention Warren Sapp in this thread. Remember how he got the Patriots OL fired up before SB 38 by ranking on Hochstein so much? thanks Sapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes