PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola Iffy for Thursday

If it was serious, I would think they would report it as such. I'm not worried right now.

Hopefully the Patriot sign extra WRs on the practice squad to cater for Amendola/Edelman's dis-appearance during the regular reason.

If it was serious, I would think they would report it as such. I'm not worried right now.

Is this your first day as a Patriots fan?

I am sure it is nothing and if this was a regular season game he'd play. I hope they hold him out though cause frankly I don't see a point. We have almost 3 weeks of practice left and he looks good to go as is. Give the rookies some time with Brady. I want to see a lot of AD, KT and JB on Thursday. Especially Dobson as I think he needs the most work and has the highest upside.

If it was week 1, he would be playing. Nothing to see here, move along.

Probably best to sit him; he looks worn out... ;)

tumblr_mkth6xzBfX1qcqhdjo2_250.gif

so he is done for the preseason then becasue he wouldn't have played in game 4. Not good when he's new and needs the reps...but i guess it gets the rookies out there

People need to chill.... he could be out with a stomach bug for all we know. :rolleyes:

knowing bb, could be anything from a paper cut, to death.

so he is done for the preseason then becasue he wouldn't have played in game 4. Not good when he's new and needs the reps...but i guess it gets the rookies out there

if last week is any indication, it looks like brady/amendola are already on the same page...

the question then becomes who starts opposite amendola, Thompkins or Dobson...both didnt get much targets last game..so I am interested to see a game where bradys top four targets are all rookies(crazy to think) dobson, thompson, boyce, sudfeld

Amendola looks ready to go...Im glad he's sitting out tomm. The Lions are dirty, no need to risk our best WR in a meaningless game. Let brady throw to the rookies, and I want to see us establish our run game.

I think Brady and Amendola are already on the same page and don't see this as any big issue at all. Let him rest a little and be ready for the season opener, no harm no foul.

A part of me hopes he doesn't play. I really want to see the rookies, boyce in particular, and that probably won't happen if danny is catching 10+ passes like last week.

A part of me hopes he doesn't play. I really want to see the rookies, boyce in particular, and that probably won't happen if danny is catching 10+ passes like last week.

I agree. I think it is actually better for the team for Amendola not to play tomorrow night. I think the rookies need the reps more than him.

I think the Pats may be doing to Amendola that they did with Moss in 2007. Moss clearly wasn't nearly as injured as his lack of practice time and playing time in the preseason suggested. They just kept him on ice during the preseason and allowed Welker, Stallworth, and others get some continuity with Brady. Belichick and McDaniels knew Moss was going to hit off the bat and didn't want to risk an injury to him before the season. Granted this strategy backfired on Haynesworth.

Personally, I think the Pats are holding Amendola out this week to give the rookies a shot and using the injury as an excuse.

It brings up an interesting question, IMO. Why was Brady specifically targetting Amendola (even on plays that he wasn't throw to, he appeared to be Brady's first read in his progression)? Was he trying to build up his rapport with Amendola? Was Amendola the only guy getting open? Did the looks that Tampa gave Brady specifically call for the ball to be thrown to Amendola?

Really getting jacked and pumped for this game.
We get to see if Edelperson, Boyce, can play the slot machine role.
We get to see Brady not fixate on the slot receiver and toss to the open WRs like he used to.
And with no Gronk we get to see if we have vaible TE answers in Ballard and Studfeld (a.k.a. Gronk Lite).
Plus we get to see if Mallet can play as well as he did last week once he got over opening tightness.

Granted this strategy backfired on Haynesworth.

Ya but to be fair outside of the '07 & '08 season every strategy that someone has had for Haynesworth has backfired

It brings up an interesting question, IMO. Why was Brady specifically targetting Amendola (even on plays that he wasn't throw to, he appeared to be Brady's first read in his progression)? Was he trying to build up his rapport with Amendola? Was Amendola the only guy getting open? Did the looks that Tampa gave Brady specifically call for the ball to be thrown to Amendola?

I think it might have just been a "find Amendola" gameplan. At one point they had two RB in running out for passes. Which the LB or S have to account for which helps clear the middle of the field.

Re: Re: Amendola Iffy for Thursday

Ya but to be fair outside of the '07 & '08 season every strategy that someone has had for Haynesworth has backfired

I know how you mean it, but Id like to add my own personal clarification.. I was personally very impressed with how much Haynesworth and Ocho didnt backfire.

Didnt work out most assuredly.. but didnt backfire (bad-mouth teammates, coaches, stomp on heads during their reality-shows...)

I blame Ridley - he hit him too hard with his helmet after the touchdown :rolleyes:

tumblr_mrngilMfir1qh3pr2o3_r1_400.gif

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST