PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola Iffy for Thursday

I am glad that Amendola won't play Thursday against the Lions. Just like I think we were fortunate in a way that Welker chose not to re-sign, and Gronk was recuperating.

Brady has developed this bad habit lately, on fixating on one or two guys and going to them too much. Only when neither was available did Brady HAVE TO look at the newcomers. I fear he would not have done so, otherwise.:(

I think he has already started to over use Danny Amendola now, and I think he needs to look at the other receivers both WRs and TEs, to broaden the passing attack for the playoffs. Against, the good teams who can shut down one guy, he needs to be flexible. :)

OTOH, Mallett has distributed the ball pretty well, without the Brady tendency to fixation.

WHO IS THE JACKASS THAT JINXED HIM BY JOKING ABOUT WELKER'S INJURY? I VOTE IN FAVOR OF HIM BEING HUNG BY PIANO WIRE BY HIS THUMBS OVER AN ALLIGATOR PIT OR SHARK TANK (which ever is more practical).

I am glad that Amendola won't play Thursday against the Lions. Just like I think we were fortunate in a way that Welker chose not to re-sign, and Gronk was recuperating.

Brady has developed this bad habit lately, on fixating on one or two guys and going to them too much. Only when neither was available did Brady HAVE TO look at the newcomers. I fear he would not have done so, otherwise.:(

I think he has already started to over use Danny Amendola now, and I think he needs to look at the other receivers both WRs and TEs, to broaden the passing attack for the playoffs. Against, the good teams who can shut down one guy, he needs to be flexible. :)

OTOH, Mallett has distributed the ball pretty well, without the Brady tendency to fixation.

Number of receivers with 30+ catches in the Brady era, by year:

2001: 3 (Faulk squeezed in at 30)
2002: 5
2003: 5
2004: 4 (Graham sqeezed in at 30)
2005: 3
2006: 4
2007: 6
2008: 4 (Cassel at QB)
2009: 4
2010: 5
2011: 4
2012: 5

Any news on what's the deal with amendola?

He died.10 characters

Bill Polian and Mike Brown foresaw this coming and did not sign him because of it. More proof BB has lost his touch.

He signed with the Jest. :scared: :help:

Number of receivers with 30+ catches in the Brady era, by year:

2001: 3 (Faulk squeezed in at 30)
2002: 5
2003: 5
2004: 4 (Graham sqeezed in at 30)
2005: 3
2006: 4
2007: 6
2008: 4 (Cassel at QB)
2009: 4
2010: 5
2011: 4
2012: 5
And what are the numbers for percentage of yards/receptions from the top 3 receivers relative to total production?

Did anyone even touch him in the Bucs game? I don't get it.

Don't worry, someone will ask Belichick about his injury status and all will be cleared up.

Don't worry, someone will ask Belichick about his injury status and all will be cleared up.

In all seriousness, was there some 'major' hit he took? I didn't see him in his injured mode.... Like when he broke his collarbone with the Rams... Went down to the locker room and slammed his helmet against the wall...

In all seriousness, was there some 'major' hit he took? I didn't see him in his injured mode.... Like when he broke his collarbone with the Rams... Went down to the locker room and slammed his helmet against the wall...

In all seriousness we heard reports he had a very minor nick and the team didn't feel he needed to play so they opted to give him the night off because there's no point in giving him more game time he's ready.

I doubt he'll play during Tebowfest this week, either.

no..there was nothing that suggested an injury...

no..there was nothing that suggested an injury...

If you rewatch the game, after one of his catches where he makes a cut in the open field he has a noticeable gimp while heading to the sidelines.

And what are the numbers for percentage of yards/receptions from the top 3 receivers relative to total production?

Since the topic I was addressing was:

...Brady has developed this bad habit lately, on fixating on one or two guys and going to them too much...

I'm not really concerned with your question, in the context of the conversation. You are, of course, free to find that answer for yourself.

In all seriousness we heard reports he had a very minor nick and the team didn't feel he needed to play so they opted to give him the night off because there's no point in giving him more game time he's ready.

I doubt he'll play during Tebowfest this week, either.

Asking for trouble here, but how does one celebrate Tebowfest?

Asking for trouble here, but how does one celebrate Tebowfest?

I have some ideas, but I will probably just keep them to myself ;)

In all seriousness though, if Belichick wants to keep him, then I will assume that he has a decent plan in place to try and improve the team.

I have some ideas, but I will probably just keep them to myself ;)

In all seriousness though, if Belichick wants to keep him, then I will assume that he has a decent plan in place to try and improve the team.

Yup. I'm going with the "one of the best coaches in history of the NFL knows what he's doing" thesis too. Which is why I'm fine with whatever happens less than a week from today.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back