PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard not expected to play against Broncos, maybe longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that the people being quoted on Dennard being out for weeks are "Sources informed of his medical situation".

How well informed are they is another question. I mean if he is out there moving and cutting well on it then it was a minor thing and clearly there are no doctors orders to stay off of it and avoid tweaking it if he is out there cutting on it. There might be a no contact order from the doctor which is the only reason why if he out there running and cutting on Thursday that he can't go Sunday. But who is really to say that he is out for this game? Certainly not some unnamed sources. Sunday could come and Dennard could feel well enough and he could be cleared to play.

I look at this way until the Patriots officially rule someone out then there is a chance they are playing. Especially when they've been at practice.

if he's not close to 100% you can't play him against Denver, their wideouts are too good. No mismatches to put him on

I don't know if he was joking or not, but Hardy on Gresh and Zo said in one of his updates that 98.5 is reporting that Dennard could only be limited a couple of days rather than missing a couple of games.

That would pretty much be the worst joke ever.

I admit the outlook isn't a good one heading into that game:(, i am crazy nervous!

I've been nervous the whole season. It's a strange season, the first in awhile where I don't think we're the favorites in the AFC

Based on the very limited optimism on Dennard's health, I would think he'd at least have a chance of contributing as a third and long Julius Thomas coverage guy. Thomas has a good 6½ inches on Dennard, but he's got 6 on Gregory and 4½ on Harmon, so I don't think that extra little bit makes a whole lot of difference. In a jump ball situation, he's beating any of those guys.

Lets put it this way - if this defense right now can limit Manning to sub-30 we are in sterling shape for the playoffs.

Based on the very limited optimism on Dennard's health, I would think he'd at least have a chance of contributing as a third and long Julius Thomas coverage guy. Thomas has a good 6½ inches on Dennard, but he's got 6 on Gregory and 4½ on Harmon, so I don't think that extra little bit makes a whole lot of difference. In a jump ball situation, he's beating any of those guys.

If Manning's game plan is to throw jump balls, I am very confident.

no one seems to want to say it but I have no scruples when it comes to the enemy...first series, a defensive player should take his forearm and smash Welker in the chest, finishing under his jaw. If it's a penalty, so be it.

no one seems to want to say it but I have no scruples when it comes to the enemy...first series, a defensive player should take his forearm and smash Welker in the chest, finishing under his jaw. If it's a penalty, so be it.

That might be blatant enough for an ejection. I suggest a simple helmet-to-the-chin. The defender can lead with the shoulder and then slide upward, "accidentally" striking the ball carrier's chin with the crown of the helmet.

I'll be watching sporadically through ESPN Gamecast. Hoping for the best.

I'm guessing that Dennard is still able to practice on a limited basis on some level, but certainly wouldn't be cleared for physical contact in a game setting.

Just my opinion, and I certainly hope that I'm wrong. Having him on the field on Sunday would be huge, I just think it's kind of unlikely.

If he's listed as questionable I think there's a good chance we see him play...especially if he looks good in practice and is moving well.

Has there been any other reports other than the one early in the week stating hell miss a few games? Either way seems they grossly overestimated his injury/surgery

Dennard is questionable for Sunday.

While he still might not play, so much for those "unnamed sources" claiming he is definitely out.

Guys that are definitely out don't practice all week, they tend to not practice at all.

Dennard is questionable for Sunday.

While he still might not play, so much for those "unnamed sources" claiming he is definitely out.

Guys that are definitely out don't practice all week, they tend to not practice at all.

I think there is a common belief that due to the recent surgery, albeit minor, Dennard will not be cleared for live game contact.

They didn't practice in pads this week, did they? I'm thinking that Belichick is just taking advantage of the limited practice time with Dennard, nothing more. There could be the added benefit to screwing with DEN's preparation too, making them cover all their bases I suppose.

We'll have to see how it plays out Sunday, and I'm still holding out hope, but there is definitely sound reasoning for those who predicted that he wouldn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back