PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard not expected to play against Broncos, maybe longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 3m
Source: Alfonzo Dennard not expected to play against Broncos, maybe longer The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

There is no way to sugercoat this: we are screwed on defense. Our only real chance to contain that offense was Dennard completing shutting down the finesse Eric Decker while Talib handled Thomas. Now...

Decker will tear apart Arrington
Welker will tear apart Ryan
Manning will try to fool Harmon

Brady's going to need to score 42.

Options ?

Dowling is on jest practice squad we could sign him off that.

Just gonna have to take it on the chin this week and hope these guys get healthy for the stretch run.

Arrington, Ryan, Cole top 3 CB for this week ?

Options ?

Dowling is on jest practice squad we could sign him off that.

Just gonna have to take it on the chin this week and hope these guys get healthy for the stretch run.

Arrington, Ryan, Cole top 3 CB for this week ?

and Gregory possibly out too.... Pats need to repeat last night's pace and limit possessions to 6-8 per team.

This game might be ugly. Hopefully Talib is ready to go and in a better place mentally.

yeah, i don't see them winning this game.

There is no way to sugercoat this: we are screwed on defense.

I don't think we are screwed on defense by a long sight- last night we were a dumbass PF and ridiculous holding call from holding a surging Carolina team to 14 points.

This just isn't the patriots year:(

Another ******* year/season wasted of tom brady's twilight years.

Attachments

• oh-fudge-o.jpg
    oh-fudge-o.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 179
Next man, up, whomever that may be...

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dennard was placed on I.R. with the way injuries have ravaged this defense.

I don't think we are screwed on defense by a long sight- last night we were a dumbass PF and ridiculous holding call from holding a surging Carolina team to 14 points.

They're pretty screwed if neither Dennard nor Talib can go. Throw in Gregory and the same non-existant pass rush we saw last night, and the Broncos might put a 50burger on us.

Next man, up, whomever that may be...

Dennard should be placed on I.R. any day now with the way injuries have ravaged this defense.

The Patriots are running out of next men, that's the problem. They entered the season unbelievably thin and playing with fire in the secondary, and now we're seeing the results. Hopefully Talib will be able to go.

Sign Nnamdi!

This just isn't the patriots year:(

Another ******* year/season wasted of tom brady's twilight years.

Yes, because a team that is ravaged with injuries midseason has never gone on to win the Super Bowl.

I don't know about you, but I'm not at all ready to give up on this season.

Well, that's a problem. Last time a Pats player practiced on a limited basis then missed the last practice of the week was Kelly, I think. Hope Dennard avoids that outcome.

Yes, because a team that is ravaged with injuries midseason has never gone on to win the Super Bowl.

I don't know about you, but I'm not at all ready to give up on this season.

Neither am i , but this is looking worse than 2005.

A dink and dunk Offense is going to be our Best Defense against the High Powered Broncos Offense.

Neither am i , but this is looking worse than 2005.

Comparing this defense to 2005 is an insult to this defense.

The 2005 defense—through the first half of the season—was truly bend and then break (it was at least six weeks before that D had a single red zone stop).

We are going from facing a mediocre passing offense (28th in yards) and average offense overall (23.8ppg) that barely uses 3 WR sets, to....

The second greatest passing offense in NFL history that uses 3 WR sets on almost every play.

I don't think we can't win. Brady can shred that Denver D. But to say we aren't screwed on defense...I disagree. We are going to be starting a 3rd round rookie at safety and a 3rd round rookie on either the best slot WR in football or a top 25 WR in Decker. Throw in Arrington's mediocre play on the outside and it just looks rough.

Comparing this defense to 2005 is an insult to this defense.

The 2005 defense—through the first half of the season—was truly bend and then break (it was at least six weeks before that D had a single red zone stop).

i was comparing the injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back