PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard not expected to play against Broncos, maybe longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully pats turn back the clock to 2004 when hank poteat and earthwind moreland and troy brown held on to manning. unfortunately we dont have that front 7 this time. This might get ugly.

This just isn't the patriots year:(

Another ******* year/season wasted of tom brady's twilight years.

Great idea, quit on them, come back once the wasted years are over. Or not.

Comparing this defense to 2005 is an insult to this defense.

The 2005 defense—through the first half of the season—was truly bend and then break (it was at least six weeks before that D had a single red zone stop).

was that the monty beisel defense ?

There is no way to sugercoat this: we are screwed on defense. Our only real chance to contain that offense was Dennard completing shutting down the finesse Eric Decker while Talib handled Thomas. Now...

Decker will tear apart Arrington
Welker will tear apart Ryan
Manning will try to fool Harmon

Brady's going to need to score 42.

Welker is not expected at practice before Friday. Right now it's a long shot for him to show up.

Great idea, quit on them, come back once the wasted years are over. Or not.

I'm not quitting on them, but there's only so much a defense can overcome

If Talib and Dennard are both out I would expect to see McCourty at LCB vs. Thomas, Ryan at RCB vs. Decker and Arrington in the slot vs. Welker. Hopefully Gregory can play otherwise it's Harmon and Ebner/Wilson.

It's been a tough year no doubt but they're still in a position to get healthy and make a run in the playoffs.

A dink and dunk Offense is going to be our Best Defense against the High Powered Broncos Offense.

Yep we MUST drain the clock and keep our offense out there scoring points for as long as possible. It's one of the reasons we lost last night. Not enough possessions.

Welker is not expected at practice before Friday. Right now it's a long shot for him to show up.
Did Welker pass the baseline test yesterday? If so, he can practice limited Wednesday and Thursday per CBA rules. Friday is just the first day he can fully participate, again, per the CBA.

I'm not quitting on them, but there's only so much a defense can overcome

You're right, "another wasted year" is a vote of confidence.

They are 7-3, leading their division. Likely to get a good seed, and you are talking about "another wasted year," complete crap as usual.

Wow, this season is a grind. Dennard finding himself on IR would truly be a crushing blow, let's hope it does not come to that. I am not sure we can handle another season ending injury to a starter, to be honest. On either side of the ball.

We'll continue to weather the storm. Going into the bye, I was thinking 1 or 2 seed. The injuries (and reinjuries) to Dennard, Gregory, Talib and Arrington borders on ridiculous.

At this point, I think the plan is to just get into the playoffs by any means necessary, with as many people healthy as possible and hope for the best.

- Welker injury in week 17 a few years back
- Gronk injury for SuperBowl
- Gronk + Talib injured for AFCCG last year
- Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Vollmer done for year while Gronk, Talib, Amendola miss significant time

Wow, this season is a grind. Dennard finding himself on IR would truly be a crushing blow, let's hope it does not come to that. I am not sure we can handle another season ending injury to a starter, to be honest. On either side of the ball.

We'll continue to weather the storm. Going into the bye, I was thinking 1 or 2 seed. The injuries (and reinsures) to Dennard, Gregory, Talib and Arrington borders on ridiculous.

At this point, I think the plan is to just get into the playoffs by any means necessary, with as many people healthy as possible and hope for the best.

Next man to go down: Devin McCourty

It's going to be a grind to finish the season. They will make playoffs and win division...but go far with these injuries? Afraid it's too much

If Talib and Dennard are both out I would expect to see McCourty at LCB vs. Thomas, Ryan at RCB vs. Decker and Arrington in the slot vs. Welker. Hopefully Gregory can play otherwise it's Harmon and Ebner/Wilson.
That's actually playable with Gregory and Harmon at Safety. Of course we don't know for sure that Gregory will play (or that Talib won't). But it sounded like Gregory had a decent chance to only miss one game and given the situation they may have little choice but to push forward with that.

We'll need some pass rush, for sure.

It's going to be a grind to finish the season. They will make playoffs and win division...but go far with these injuries? Afraid it's too much

Am i the only one that finds ironic that the patriots has the most depth at the running back and receiver position, but they lack overall depth on defense.?

That's actually playable with Gregory and Harmon at Safety. Of course we don't know for sure that Gregory will play (or that Talib won't). But it sounded like Gregory had a decent chance to only miss one game and given the situation they may have little choice but to push forward with that.

We'll need some pass rush, for sure.
I thought Harmon looked good last night.

They're pretty screwed if neither Dennard nor Talib can go. Throw in Gregory and the same non-existant pass rush we saw last night, and the Broncos might put a 50burger on us.

As I said in another thread, Manning will throw for 1,000 yards and 10 TD's.

Make it 1,200 yards and 12 TD's if Welker plays.

It's coming down to Edelman and Boyce at cornerback and Ebner at safety.

We will have a chance in the playoffs if Dennard and Talib can get healthy. At this point I wouldn't play either of them until they are at least 90% healthy. A first round playoff bye is beneficial but we can still win the super bowl without being the 1 or 2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes