PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch signs 2 year deal with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Vince is gone?

The connection, beyond the obvious, is that it's hard to imagine both Vince and Branch hitting a lot of incentive if Easley and Siliga both perform too.

I wouldn't think so. It also sets the Patriots' price for a DL in his 30s. If Vince has 2-year, $10M deals on the table, as reported, he should take the one that is most guaranteed. The hometown discount will be too steep.

A big unit DT isn't going to start getting better at the age of 34.

This is a case of shipping before he goes over a cliff. Let him get old at some other team, or bring him back at a reduced rate that benefits the team.

Wilfork at the $ for which he signed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Branch at the $ for which he signed.

Besides not picking up Browner's option, signing Branch to this contract is the stupidest off-season move
the FO has made, so far. (Extending the churl Cannon would be the obvious #1 stupidest move, but as it
occured during the season, I don't count it as an off-season move.)

I would've signed Kendrick Ellis or Sheard's teammate Ahtyba Rubin for half the $ that Branch will "earn". Of course, signing Nick Fairley or Terrance Knighton to those 1-year deals would've been better
than all of the above.

Wilfork at the $ for which he signed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Branch at the $ for which he signed.

Besides not picking up Browner's option, signing Branch to this contract is the stupidest off-season move
the FO has made, so far. (Extending the churl Cannon would be the obvious #1 stupidest move, but as it

I would've signed Kendrick Ellis or Sheard's teammate Ahtyba Rubin for half the $ that Branch will "earn". Of course, signing Nick Fairley or Terrance Knighton to those 1-year deals would've been better
than all of the above.

Weird. Seems like a fair deal to me.

than all of the above.
I'm sorry, is Ahtyba Rubin off the table? As far as I know he hasn't signed with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back