PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Francis

I’m not sure why but I’m truly excited about the prospect of this:

Their body types and athleticism are so similar, and the prospect of 2 youngsters coming from the same program to a place like this to work behind and be mentored by 2 of the best in business at their respective positions.

You, sir, bring the right attitude!

I'll also chime in with the "Kyle Love" support.

I'm all for Francis' coming here. Just saying that, Kyle might be handy to have on the shadow roster. Get him a job somewhere where he can stay in shape and come in if needs be.

My concern is, can we afford to have 2 UDFAs as backups to the aging Wilfork & Kelly?

Reminder: the Patriots have two rookie undrafted free agents not as backups, but starting on offense.

Anyone know which guy was the one publicly pissed off for being released - Love or Deaderick?

Anyone know which guy was the one publicly pissed off for being released - Love or Deaderick?
Love. Now he's found out that he didn't get cut because of his diabetes. He got cut because he sucked.

My concern is, can we afford to have 2 UDFAs as backups to the aging Wilfork & Kelly?

We could just try to make some trades like in Madden and keep spamming the trades over and over until the other team accepts.

Or even better, why don't we just sign up as another team with a few All Pro DTs and release them so we can immediately sign them? That way we don't even have to give up anything for them.

Seriously, every team has holes. The Broncos can barely put together a healthy OL. The Ravens are desperate for LBs and are unproven at WR. The Packers are looking for a decent RB.

If the biggest complaint we have is our backup DTs, I think I'll take that.

20 Yrd Shuffle 4.5 4.47

Minor point: it's short shuTTle, not short shuFFle (well maybe not for Brady and Mallett :D ).

As the fans should be. The Dolphins tried a fast one and it backfired on them horribly. He was their best UDFA by a wide margin and they expected that they could sneak him through waivers. Silly goose.

Just imagine what the board would be like if the Patriots tried to sneak Thompkins or Sudfeld through waivers and got caught red-handed. That's essentially what happened here.

That's what DID happen with Will Yeatman and Lee Smith in 2011.

Ron Brace was a 2nd round value pick that was worthless.

Francis could be a bust too, but at least he wont sit 3 years in a whirlpool tub taking up space.

Re: Re: AJ Francis

I'll also chime in with the "Kyle Love" support.

I'm all for Francis' coming here. Just saying that, Kyle might be handy to have on the shadow roster. Get him a job somewhere where he can stay in shape and come in if needs be.

I'd agree if not for the health issues, Love unfortunately needs to see the light and retire from football, being a 320lb DT is not the optimal career choice for someone with type 2 diabetes. I think the Patriots are against being a coge in his being detrimental to his long term health. If not for that I don't think they'd of ever released him.

we should also have Amstead after week 6, no?

very little reason to look at guys like love. depth is fine as of now.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

I'd agree if not for the health issues, Love unfortunately needs to see the light and retire from football, being a 320lb DT is not the optimal career choice for someone with type 2 diabetes. I think the Patriots are against being a coge in his being detrimental to his long term health. If not for that I don't think they'd of ever released him.

It all depends upon his A1c number. If that's good, and his glucose levels are within reason, then his weight ought not to be a problem. In addition, the exercise would seem to offset the effects of his weight, to a point.

I have Type-2 Diabetes. Although I'm still heavier than I want, a combination of exercise, diet and meds (including insulin) has kept my numbers in check.

I just can't see that his playing a few more years (or even one or two) would be an issue considering the advantages of a supervised diet and exercise plan from the trainers & coaches.

respects,

Ron Brace was a 2nd round value pick that was worthless.

Francis could be a bust too, but at least he wont sit 3 years in a whirlpool tub taking up space.

You assume that once Brace got in the whirlrpool there was water left :D.

we should also have Amstead after week 6, no?

very little reason to look at guys like love. depth is fine as of now.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Correct. Armstead should be available after Week 6. The question is how effective will he be.

Suppose we rephrase that as "2 rookies"?

I'm still confused about the decision to cut Kyle Love way back when (though he's available again!), but if these 2 beat out Forston, more power to them.

NE offered to place Love on IR for a season so he could learn how to handle his diabetes. Instead, he asked to be released.

A better vid for Francis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQRlawLuHp4

He is quick for a big man.

Fin fans definitely liked him - here's a quote from one of their boards:

I'm watching the replay again, starting in the 3rd quarter to watch some of our depth players (I may or may not have fallen asleep Saturday night somewhere near the end of the 3rd... ). And I'll tell ya what... this guy AJ Francis is killing it. Literally almost every play he was changing the LOS and/or broke loose into the backfield. He is disrupting everything. I realize he's going against backups... but this guy is an UDFA rookie... so it's not like he's some vet dominating youngsters.

So, my question is... how do we find a way to keep him? Realistically, what's the max number of DTs we can keep with our current roster construction? He seems like he has a ton of potential... and with both Starks and Soliai expiring after this season... it will be nice to have some youth grooming in the wings.

He looks good in the most butt ugly college uniforms of all time..

Fin fans definitely liked him - here's a quote from one of their boards:

He seems like he has a ton of potential... and with both Starks and Soliai expiring after this season... it will be nice to have some youth grooming in the wings.

That doesn't sound at ALL good for those guys. Hopefully he was talking about their contracts. :eek:

It all depends upon his A1c number. If that's good, and his glucose levels are within reason, then his weight ought not to be a problem. In addition, the exercise would seem to offset the effects of his weight, to a point.

I have Type-2 Diabetes. Although I'm still heavier than I want, a combination of exercise, diet and meds (including insulin) has kept my numbers in check.

I just can't see that his playing a few more years (or even one or two) would be an issue considering the advantages of a supervised diet and exercise plan from the trainers & coaches.

respects,

In the interest of continued good health, I'll PM you my address so you can ship me any unused bottles of single malt beverage to keep sugar levels down.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back