PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aiken was injured; Ayers and Casillas were pretty much free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we all can't seem to abide any hyperbole being used in describing Belichick's positive trades, lets just pretend that Sapoaga costing us the difference between a 5th round and a 6th round pick somehow makes the core point that Belichick has had an incredible record with midseason acquisitions a mockable piece of rhetoric.

Many of them have been good mid-season acquisitions that have been important to the success of the team. No doubt about that one. It's good to have a coach who can take advantage of that area.

I'm sure they'd like to say, but I assume someone will offer Ayers significantly more than we're willing to pay for him. Maybe not, but if that's the case I would expect Ayers to follow the money. Between coming off of a rookie contract and having iffy knees that may shorten his career, I wouldn't blame him a bit.

Agreed. I think he'll want to try and parlay his turnaround here into a starting caliber job somewhere else, or at least that would be part of the concern with that specific player.

Hey now!

Sopoaga had both a solo tackle AND an assisted tackle here in N.England.

Good point. That's more than Salas, another mid-season trade, gave the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes