PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After meeting with Broncos, Cutler formally asks for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: After Meeting with McKid, Cutler Formally Asks for Trade

BB sent McDaniels over to Denver to single handedly destroy that franchise. Maybe one of Bill's best pre-emptive move to date.

From the comments below that article Chiefs and Chargers fans cannot believe their luck. The Broncos are imploding from their inept front office and oversensitive QB

BB sent McDaniels over to Denver to single handedly destroy that franchise. Maybe one of Bill's best pre-emptive move to date. We are the evil empire!!!!
Who's on the hit list next? Chargers? Colts? Steelers? Jets? err, never mind, that bomb was already planted.

What happened to the maverick4 that called Branch's agent an idiot for blabbing to the press? Where did he go?

Here's a photo that's making the rounds....

cutlerjacko.jpg

Chiefs , Broncs, and Bucs should do a three way deal now.. Send the Bucs Cutler, Chiefs send Cassel to Denver, and the Chiefs get 2 picks:D

Come on, where are the Broncos tearing up with a 'He's my quarterback'?

McD told cutler how things were, and McD is right in this aspect

cutler needs to realize football is a business, and that he is not an integral part of the broncos as of yet, but b/c there are no better options for now, (since cassel is a chief) that cutler will remain a bronco, so he had better grow the hell up, and earn the status of being "untradable"

I get a kick out of this. Reportedly Cutler AND his MOMMY AND DADDY have their houses up for sale in the Denver area. He needs his mommy and daddy to comfort him when he throws and int, or a game?

Last edited:

I do not understand what Josh did that was so offensive. Didn't he just listen to an offer?

Couldn't agree more. I guess maybe he could have handled the PR better, maybe. Otherwise, JM is trying to do what's best for the team, trying to improve the team in his estimation. And the worst thing a new coach can do is make decisions based upon not hurting a player's feelings, or keeping a player/players around just because he/they are liked by the fans. A coach needs to come in and make the calls HE believes will improve the team. Tear down what he thinks is a negative, build up what he thinks will be a positive. Anything else and he is certainly headed for a pink slip in 3 years. Doing it HIS way? Well, he still might get the pink slip in 3 years. However, at least it will be because he made the wrong decisions, and not because the fans or posters at a bulletin board didn't like him being so mean/getting rid of their favorite player.

As far as JM's popularity in Denver? If the Broncs win, he is a hero who knows just what to do. If they lose, he sucks and doesn't have a clue. This Cutler episode means little to that bottom line reality for JM. Also, Cutler is embarrassing himself, imho.

As far as JM's popularity in Denver? If the Broncs win, he is a hero who knows just what to do.

Many of us felt the same way about BB until Adam V kicked that frst SB winner. :D

Looking back, even after they won, I was still curious as to what the future would hold for the team. Bottom line, BB was better than Pete, whereas Josh is going to have to prove himself while living under the Shanahan shadow.

Last edited:

I wonder if Detroit and that number 1 pick come knocking. Throws up a myriad of opportunities for the Broncos to trade down and accumulate picks.

Last edited:

Careful, there are some McDaniels ballwashers here who will try to discredit you and say you are unobjective if you say anything negative about McKid.

and everyone knows you started this thread because of your deep hate for Mcd not because you were objective.if it was a +ve McD piece which of course you would never see ,you wouldt be posting it.

I am absolutely amazed at the response here. ESPN, Spygate central and hated as such by many fans here, runs a one-sided story presenting Cutler's view (other than the "he-said, she-said" portion of he article, I did not see much more from the organization agreeing with what Cutler said) and Patriots fans are taking that position against McDaniels? Now I have seen it all.

I have repeatedly heard reference to the three team deal and how there is no way Denver did not initiate it. Let me spitball here: Tampa Bay reaches out to Detroit and says "who you be interested in this deal," Detroit responds "it would," and Tampa Bay then contacts Denver with a proposal (not a hammered out contract, that would require a higher order of involvement). I am having a hard time understanding why all the junior GMs blasting Denver are having such a hard time fathoming that possibility.

Ty Law a few years back during renegotiations publicly called Belichick a liar, so I guess Belichick and Pioli mishandled that situation just like McDaniels mishandled this. What possible reason would McDaniels have for telling Cutler he had raised Cassel from a baby and therefore wanted his boy over Cutler now that Cassel is off the market? Just think about that statement. The premise to that is McDaniels, despite all claims of his intelligence, is a brainless goon incapable of understanding the basic concept of diffusing a situation. And, by the way, Denver has a GM, and Denver has expressly not given McDaniels personnel power and I do not see Denver allowing him to do other than make a personnel request. But that is a minor aside for this situation.

Or maybe, just maybe, Cutler and his agent have concocted this spectacle to get a trade or more money. Absolutely and utterly inconceivable. Hate McDaniels if you want, but this smacks of Cutler and his agent. Until I hear something other than Cutler's side refuting that the team was contacted and heard a proposal and was not proactive in this case, I am not going to agree with any assessment of McDaniel's handling of this. There is simply nothing wrong with hearing what another team has to say and you are delusional if you believe prudent teams don't do that all the team, after which they respond not interested.

Last edited:

So the guy takes offense to a coach saying he'd do whatever is in the best interests of the franchise? wtf?

That was my take on it.

McDaniels is the new head coach...one that Cutler has already publicly chastised because of a stupid trade rumor. Did he expect him to bow down to him now?

Hell no...Josh did what anyone who expects to have any authority in the future would do. Sounds like he handled it very well IMO

Cutler got the truth and couldn't handle it.

McDaniels should tell him to shut up and start learning the playbook...and make sure he's done crying before training camp.

What happened to the maverick4 that called Branch's agent an idiot for blabbing to the press? Where did he go?

He believes there is a McDaniels exception. He believes it is stupid for a player's agent to talk to the press about the team's dirty laundry except if McDaniels is the head coach then it is his moral, civic, and legal responsibility to smear McDaniels. Haven't you realize that the man has a bizzarely obsessive hatred for the man?

It is funny that he is basically calling McDaniels a hypocrite and then acting hypocritical towards him in this case.

As far as JM's popularity in Denver? If the Broncs win, he is a hero who knows just what to do. If they lose, he sucks and doesn't have a clue. This Cutler episode means little to that bottom line reality for JM. Also, Cutler is embarrassing himself, imho.

I agree with this. If you read NY media stories about Mangini his first training camp, the players hated him. Fans thought he was an idiot. By the end of the season, the players loved him and the fans were calling him Mangenius. Granted it was shortlived with two crappy seasons after that (at least year was crap considering the start and expectations).

Or how about Tom Coughlin? Players were constantly complaining about his Draconian rules like if you show up on time for a meeting you are actually 5 minutes late and fined. The Giants win the Super Bowl and everyone loves the guy.

Players care about winning and if McDaniels turns around the franchise, they won't care about this at all. Seriously, does anyone think Belichick would have all these loyal players who dismiss every player being cut no matter how emotionally attached to them they are as just NFL business if Belichick didn't have the rings?

We know Cutler's a baby and not a team guy, in addition to being vastly overrated IMO. However, it's obvious that McDaniels is in way over his head and left NE one, maybe two, years too early to become a HC. Too bad for everyone involved.

Why?????

JM has every right to look this d-bag right in the face and say "Yeah, I considered trading your 17-20, sorry-ass for a guy that I think I can win with....... but I didn't, deal with it".

screw Cutler, he's got a lot of stones. Some people are comparing is whining with lord Farvaquare, and in some way's it's similar, with one MAJOR difference. At least Farvaquare had a couple good-great seasons under his belt to point to even if they were 600 years ago. WTF is Cutler using to inflate his ego?

In 3 years post-Cutler, Denver might actually be good again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore