PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After meeting with Broncos, Cutler formally asks for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
First of all Cutler is proving beyond doubt he is a whiny crybaby. McDaniels isn't off the hook either - more immaturity and lack of situational awareness from McKid:
Meeting with Josh McDaniels, GM backfires, Jay Cutler asks Denver Broncos for trade - ESPN

["I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."]

Last edited:
Re: After Meeting with McKid, Cutler Formally Asks for Trade

Cutler is a Douchebag. The Broncos will be better off by year #3 with a Josh McDaniels project.

I agree Cutlers a D Bag but Josh Mcdaniels might not be much better.

I agree Cutlers a D Bag but Josh Mcdaniels might not be much better.

And facts being facts, Josh is now the enemy. The force is no longer with him. So the darkest, most Patriotic (in a football sense) part of my heart is licking its chops at the sight of flames in Denver...

I am reading the comments below that article and McDaniels has a lot of explaining to do about saying he didn't consider trades, and then now saying 'yeah I did, so what, and I will continue to do so'. Multiple comments include calling McKid being c-ocky, untrustworthy, and cutthroat.

The Broncos are a mess. Cutler is not the right personality to lead any franchise to success, but McDaniels is handling this about as worse as he can as well.

Last edited:

I feel like this is gonna turn out like the Anquan Boldin situation. Although this is much more magnified and Cutler is way bigger douche than Boldin...
The Broncos will probably have a good season and Cutler will be a big part of it, and by the time they are in the playoffs (to eventually lose to Patriots of course) Cutler will be happier than a blind lesbian at a open fish market.

Last edited:

The Broncos will probably have a good season and Cutler will be a big part of it, and by the time they are in the playoffs (to eventually lose to Patriots of course) Cutler will be happier than a blind lesbian at a open fish market.

What part of Alabama are you from? :D

Is it too late for them to unfire Shanahan. At least he got along with his QB.;)

The Broncos need to trade Cutler prior to the draft and draft a kid like Nate Davis. Cutler sounds like he is taking this whole issue to the extreme. And while he isn't doing the team any favors, Marshall needs to go too!

So the guy takes offense to a coach saying he'd do whatever is in the best interests of the franchise? wtf?

Even I, biased against McDaniels, am surprised that McDaniels has displayed this much lack of situational awareness. You go into a meeting to mend things with your QB who you know is a whiny biatch, and instead of making things better, you say exactly the things to get him to become even more flustered! Even if you still wanted to trade Cutler, only a moron would tell that to Cutler's face after admitting to lying about trying to trade him a few weeks ago!

Last edited:

Guys, PLEASE don't forget to hate the Broncos. Diss early and often.

I do not understand what Josh did that was so offensive. Didn't he just listen to an offer?

It may be addition by subtraction in the long run. Culter is an overrated head case. I think McDaniels and Xander will benefit from this in the long run. They should get a first rounder for Cutler and whoever they get may be better than him anyway.

In a way, I kinda like the way the Broncos are handling this. It could blow up in their face, but Cutler was probably going to be a problem anyway because of his ego (he butted heads with Shanahan too) and the fact he probably doesn't fit the McDaniels system. Use Cutler as a warning to others and build the team you want without the divas like Cutler around.

People were ripping into Belichick with the way he treated Terry Glenn. Belichick was coming off a 5-11 season and Glenn was arguably the Pats' best offensive player in preseason of 2001. It rallied the team and made it stronger when most of the media and many of the fans thought it was the beginning of the end of the Belichick era. McDaniels is no Belichick, but problems like these sometimes end up being a blessing in disguise.

We know Cutler's a baby and not a team guy, in addition to being vastly overrated IMO. However, it's obvious that McDaniels is in way over his head and left NE one, maybe two, years too early to become a HC. Too bad for everyone involved.

I do not understand what Josh did that was so offensive. Didn't he just listen to an offer?

He publicly denied considering any trade to the media, then told Cutler he was his QB on the phone. Then in this past Saturday's meeting, he does an about-face and says 'yeah I did think about trading you, so what, and I'll consider trading you in the future too'.

We know Cutler's a baby and not a team guy, in addition to being vastly overrated IMO. However, it's obvious that McDaniels is in way over his head and left NE one, maybe two, years too early to become a HC. Too bad for everyone involved.

Well, Belichick didn't exactly handle the PR aspects of the job so well his first time out. . . .

Needless to say, someone in the media made a very key point: every FO person with a hand in the Cutler side of the deal was new to the position.

I am enjoying this, if only because it's the Donkeys, and the Pats do have to go out there this fall :mad:, but I would be so much happier if McDaniels weren't at the helm of this cluster****. :(

Last edited:

Even I, biased against McDaniels, am surprised that McDaniels has displayed this much lack of situational awareness. You go into a meeting to mend things with your QB who you know is a whiny biatch, and instead of making things better, you say exactly the things to get him to become even more flustered! Even if you still wanted to trade Cutler, only a moron would tell that to Cutler's face after admitting to lying about trying to trade him a few weeks ago!

Come on! Cutler is a diva. He would only be happy if McDaniels allowed him to decide the offense they run. I think the best thing to do is draw a line in the sand with Cutler and tell him he is "with us or against us" and then just move on either way. Cutler has been a problem for several years with his attitude.

I think Belichick would have handled it very similiar to McDaniels. In fact, he did with Terry Glenn. You don't give players special treatment unless they earn it. Cutler hasn't earned anything.

What part of Alabama are you from? :D

Ok fine.. I meant an open fish market. I thought it was an excellent analogy.

Also did I miss something because Im pretty sure there is no way Cutler is being traded this season. McDaniels is not that big of an idiot where he will trade away the face of the franchise (even if Cutler is a hugely overrated QB)... that and I doubt anyone would offer too much for Cutler now that he has been exposed for the immature punk he is.

He publicly denied considering any trade to the media, then told Cutler he was his QB on the phone. Then in this past Saturday's meeting, he does an about-face and says 'yeah I did think about trading you, so what, and I'll consider trading you in the future too'.

He never said that. He told Cutler that anyone can be traded including Cutler. He got that directly from Belichick. It's not like he pulled a Mangini and publically embarrassed Cutler in front of his teammates and fans like Mangini did with Pete Kendall (putting him in the rookie dorm, playing him with the third and fourth stringers in a preseason game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back