Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adding a little class to the sidelines...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by QuiGon, Jun 13, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pats fans talking about class, sorry I couldnt resist
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

I know you're just joking around, but your joke suggests that somehow it's ironic for Pats fans to talk about class. Thing is, despite bitter jet fans' delusions, conventional wisdom holds that the Patriots are WITHOUT QUESTION the classiest organization in sports. Good work, though, smart-guy.
  4. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Their organization is very classy but some of their players are all but classy and their head coach. Brady is #1 in my book great guy class act but dont get me started on Belicheck who left the Jets and in the process left like a snake and robbed a dead man. And other guys like Harrison Hobbs Colvin Vrabel Wilfork
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  5. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well put. Thanks for ending the argument before I could get in.

This is cool to see. The only question I have is why limit it to home games?? What damage would it do to let them wear suits all the time? Ever watch an NCAA basketball game? Every coach where's a suit all the time.
  6. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Oh, have you got it all wrong! Belichick wanted out because he felt the origanization at the time LACKED any class. :D
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +449 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

All people you would LOVE to see wearing green and white but will never admit to it. What color did they say represents envy? Oh yeah -- GREEN!
  8. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unless your blind to the antics they pulled on the field then I will just not even waste my time. Im happy with the core of guys I have building in green and white.:)
  9. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Classy:)

Wikipedia:
    Belichick's introduction to the media the following day turned out to be a surprise resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a sheet of loose leaf paper that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps.
  10. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Couldn't agree more about Belichick.

As for the suit and tie look, I love it. Nolan looked very sharp when he did it last year. As long as Belichick promises to stop stealing clothes from the bum on Yawkey way and starts wearing some actul clothes, I'd be happy. That cutoff sweatshirt look is disgusting.
  11. FarScapeR

FarScapeR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey, as long as they're not punching women off the field, I'm all set.
  12. FarScapeR

FarScapeR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And that shows less class than an organization that was going to make him head coach for the sole purpose of sticking it to New England? The Jest only promoted him to keep him away from being hired by Kraft and he didn't want to be part of an organization where he would be little more than a pawn.
  13. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So in you book taunting the other team fine, celebrating at the fifty yard line after a hard fought playoff game is fine, cheap shots at the end of plays fine, dirty hits late hits and cheap shots fine. Hey if your cool with it I am too. Its your world I just live in it
  14. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh no, the Jets hired him b/c he was regarded for 3 years as Bill Parcells successor. They made him the highest paid DC in football to keep him until bill left. He didnt have a problem taking their money for 3 years, he then left a dead man(our owner who died in 99 the same year he left) who put his faith in him for three years to be the next head coach of the Jets
  15. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Bullcrap. he never wanted to be the coach because he knew you were a dead-end franchise. But he had to lay low for a day while the lawyers got involved. Parcells tried to screw him, and so did your owner at the time. The year before he was all set to become a head coach again but he returned to the Jets for a bigger salary and the promise of becoming the head coach. The Jets promised him, he didn't promise the Jets. Big difference. You're just mad cause you were jilted.
  16. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

What a bunch of bunk. They paid him like hat because Oakland and other teams wanted him as a head coach, and he elected to stay with the Jets after he got a raise to $1 million. Man, you are a major league whiner.
  17. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Why are you here? Aren't you embarrassed by your sad sack team and organization? Tell your owner to go back to his used car dealership.
  18. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He took the moeny dont you think it should be an unspoken understood agreement among men that if you take the money you plan on staying? They tried to screw him by making him the highest paid DC coordinator then hiring him the next year? Explain plz b/c I dont follow Where were the almighty Pats at the time? Im sure they were world beaters over the Jets. Stop the name calling and address my points. If you cant argue in a clear and mature manner then I dont want to bother discussing this.
  19. IndyKen

IndyKen Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Give me a football coach who looks like....a football coach! If I want to see suits, I'll go to the Men's Warehouse.
  20. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Vince Lombardi says "hello"