PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adding a little class to the sidelines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not making this a Jets Pats rivalry thing. Back on topic, I always liked the suits on the sideline. The coaches look good and make the NFL look good. Goddell should make rules so if coaches want to wear trendy suits 16 weeks plus playoffs then they are allowed to

Last edited:
So in you book taunting the other team fine, celebrating at the fifty yard line after a hard fought playoff game is fine, cheap shots at the end of plays fine, dirty hits late hits and cheap shots fine. Hey if your cool with it I am too. Its your world I just live in it

I saw that wildcard playoff game. It was more about putting pressure on the Jets offense than laying down cheap shots. And when the players got the flags, they took it without argument, 'cos, hey, it's part of the game, and it's never personal, even with a player like Harrison, who's never gone out of his way to hurt anyone, which is why he could be legitimately incensed by the shot to the knee he took against Tennesee.

And the Charger's game? Please. They were already planning parades. PARADES! Can't say the Patriots took the high road at the end of the day, but I wouldn't call it classless after being regarded as a non-issue.

I saw that wildcard playoff game. It was more about putting pressure on the Jets offense than laying down cheap shots. And when the players got the flags, they took it without argument, 'cos, hey, it's part of the game, and it's never personal, even with a player like Harrison, who's never gone out of his way to hurt anyone, which is why he could be legitimately incensed by the shot to the knee he took against Tennesee.

And the Charger's game? Please. They were already planning parades. PARADES! Can't say the Patriots took the high road at the end of the day, but I wouldn't call it classless after being regarded as a non-issue.

I didnt appreciate the shots they took at Leon Washington who is 5'9" in the pile after the plays and some on Coles I noticed. That shot on Harrison against tenneesse was cheap, Harrison maybe dirty in my book but I dont condone that to anyone. And Yeah I know Merriman is a dirt bag and who the hell holds preplayoff game rallies and chant Brady sucks. Still show some class when you beat clowns like that. It should be satisfying enough just to shut them the hell up instead of what they did.

Last edited:
I didnt appreciate the shots they took at Leon Washington who is 5'9" in the pile after the plays and some on Coles I noticed. That shot on Harrison against tenneesse was cheap, Harrison maybe dirty in my book but I dont condone that to anyone. And Yeah I know Merriman is a dirt bag and who the hell holds preplayoff game rallies and chant Brady sucks. Still show some class when you beat clowns like that. It should be satisfying enough just to shut them the hell up instead of what they did.

But, c'mon, that game ending hug between Belichick and Mangini...wasn't that classy? :)

But, c'mon, that game ending hug between Belichick and Mangini...wasn't that classy? :)

I actually didnt like how it seemed forced. He pushes a cameraman to go rush to hug mangini. Previously he barely can look him in the face? No biggy tho

Before
1stqmanginibill.jpg

After
1168206361_1556-1.jpg

Why cant we all just get along?

Last edited:
Pats fans talking about class, sorry I couldnt resist

Considering that the biggest classless loser is highlighted in your SIG, you sure as heck aren't one to be talking.

Considering that the biggest classless loser is highlighted in your SIG, you sure as heck aren't one to be talking.

(insert witty remark used by Pats fans to defend their unclassy players)

Last edited:
Classy:)

Wikipedia:
Belichick's introduction to the media the following day turned out to be a surprise resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a sheet of loose leaf paper that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps.

Right, and the Tuna to the Jets ordeal exemplified class. Likewise, the subsequent poaching of Curtis Martin. :rolleyes:

Their organization is very classy but some of their players are all but classy and their head coach. Brady is #1 in my book great guy class act but dont get me started on Belicheck who left the Jets and in the process left like a snake and robbed a dead man. And other guys like Harrison Hobbs Colvin Vrabel Wilfork

Listen, considering how the Jets GOT Parcells and Belichick to begin with, making a claim that has NOT been able to be verified by anyone is just ludicrous. Fact is that you don't know what the stipulations of the contract were and neither do the idiots in the media. So, to say that Belichick "left like a snake and robbed a dead man" is BS. And yes, its talking SH!T. And its sure as hell not talking football.

Now, how is VRABEL not classy? How is WILFORK not classy? You obviously don't know much about them because they are some of the classiest people around. Particularly when it comes to helping others.

Unless your blind to the antics they pulled on the field then I will just not even waste my time. Im happy with the core of guys I have building in green and white.:)

What antics? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Listen, the Pats EARNED the right to GLOAT after being disrespected by the garbage Charger players. So don't give me this classless bullsh!t.

It always amazing me how people who support other teams get their panties in a wad about some "antic" they "saw" and then refuse to go into details. Usually means that they are clueless and don't know what they are talking about.

Classy:)

Wikipedia:
Belichick's introduction to the media the following day turned out to be a surprise resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a sheet of loose leaf paper that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps.

*ROFLMAO* You are going to take the word of WIKIPEDIA on a subject like this? *ROFLMAO* The least you could have done is use a verifiable source and not a source that any joe schmoe can go to and change.

Listen, considering how the Jets GOT Parcells and Belichick to begin with, making a claim that has NOT been able to be verified by anyone is just ludicrous. Fact is that you don't know what the stipulations of the contract were and neither do the idiots in the media. So, to say that Belichick "left like a snake and robbed a dead man" is BS. And yes, its talking SH!T. And its sure as hell not talking football.

Now, how is VRABEL not classy? How is WILFORK not classy? You obviously don't know much about them because they are some of the classiest people around. Particularly when it comes to helping others.

I just turned a jets fan in 95 so I am really not familiar how the Jets got Parcells and the whole situation. I do know that the Jets made Belichick the highest paid coordinator in football w/ the intentions of keeping him. He resigned at his press conference. That was the intention through out that whole process.

Wilfork was part of the brigade doing the lights out dance against the chargers once again it was warranted but I would have preferred if he showed better judgement and walked off with the field with that smirk jordan had when he knew he had just ended someones season, vrabel was taunting the eagles through out SB 39 with that dumb bird flap and he took some cheap shots in the pile at Leon Washington. Every team has assclowns on its rosters just dont pretend like your team doesnt.

*ROFLMAO* You are going to take the word of WIKIPEDIA on a subject like this? *ROFLMAO* The least you could have done is use a verifiable source and not a source that any joe schmoe can go to and change.

This isnt my source I knew about this at the time and as it developed

What antics? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Listen, the Pats EARNED the right to GLOAT after being disrespected by the garbage Charger players. So don't give me this classless bullsh!t.

It always amazing me how people who support other teams get their panties in a wad about some "antic" they "saw" and then refuse to go into details. Usually means that they are clueless and don't know what they are talking about.

Just b/c you can doesnt mean you should. You cant call you self classy and then celebrate how they did in the playoffs. True championship teams give you no reason to hate them outside the lines. I know about the whole rally and what the chargers did at gillete previously. Once again im not casting a scarlet letter on the whole team just a few clowns I can not stand. Brady, Bruschi, Brown, Seymour I have a good deal of respect for

Last edited:
So in you book taunting the other team fine, celebrating at the fifty yard line after a hard fought playoff game is fine, cheap shots at the end of plays fine, dirty hits late hits and cheap shots fine. Hey if your cool with it I am too. Its your world I just live in it

Man, you clearly have NEVER played the sport of football in your life.

1) The ball was on the New England 36 when Kaeding missed the field goal. He was 7 yards back from that, putting him at the 43. If you'd actually watched the game, you'd KNOW that for players to go from their bench onto the field to celebrate, they'd have to go ACROSS the 50 yard line to get there and that players running off the field would have to ALSO run acroos that area. So they were CELEBRATING while they were doing it.. Yes, that is such a criminal offense. But I guess you think that setting up SB parade routes and having a PEP RALLY where they talk about tearing a QBs head off is OK. Nothing like proving yourself to be a hypocrite.

2) You are pretty ignorant if you think that most players at the bottom of scrums aren't giving cheapshots. Particularly when there is a fumble. BTW, the guy who claimed that Vrabel grabbed his balls couldn't have seen Vrabel in the position he was in so there was no way to tell who it was.

3) Harrison hasn't been fined since he became a Patriot, yet he still hits as hard as anyone else and plays to the whistle.

At least have the balls to specifically mention who it is your talking about.

Just b/c you can doesnt mean you should. You cant call you self classy and then celebrate how they did in the playoffs. True championship teams give you no reason to hate them outside the lines. I know about the whole rally and what the chargers did at gillete previously. Once again im not casting a scarlet letter on the whole team just a few clowns I can not stand. Brady, Bruschi, Brown, Seymour I have a good deal of respect for

Like I said, a clown like yourself who insists on supporting a classless guy like Mangini who TAMPERS with players on other teams and the biggest classless scumbag in Pro Baseball should keep his mouth shut about supposed classless players on other teams.

Your statement about true championship teams is the talk of someone who has absolutely NEVER won anything and been caught up in the emotion of the moment. Truly. You are utterly NAIVE.

This isnt my source I knew about this at the time and as it developed

If it truly happened, the Jets would have taken Belichick to court for the money. The Jets never did. I wonder why that is? Maybe because a schyster NY journalist with a vendetta against BB decided that he'd attempt to smear BB's name.

Man, you clearly have NEVER played the sport of football in your life.

1) The ball was on the New England 36 when Kaeding missed the field goal. He was 7 yards back from that, putting him at the 43. If you'd actually watched the game, you'd KNOW that for players to go from their bench onto the field to celebrate, they'd have to go ACROSS the 50 yard line to get there and that players running off the field would have to ALSO run acroos that area. So they were CELEBRATING while they were doing it.. Yes, that is such a criminal offense. But I guess you think that setting up SB parade routes and having a PEP RALLY where they talk about tearing a QBs head off is OK. Nothing like proving yourself to be a hypocrite.

you are reading what you want to. I already called it stupid tio hold a preplaoff rally chanting brady sucks and all the other antics they pulled but I do have anissue w/ the enitre pats bench emptying on the field and some pats going towards the 50 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCr6qFiIP0). After the game my boys Ellis Hobbs, Roosevelt Colivn and Wilfork lights out. celebration is overboard. when it boils down to it whatever they were ****s to you guys you just gave it right back fine. Once you do that however you somewhat shed the label of being a classy team
2) You are pretty ignorant if you think that most players at the bottom of scrums aren't giving cheapshots. Particularly when there is a fumble. BTW, the guy who claimed that Vrabel grabbed his balls couldn't have seen Vrabel in the position he was in so there was no way to tell who it was.
I know that was my point earlier all teams have people who do these things, difference between me and you is that I dont make excuses for them when they do it. I never mentioned Ike Reese n the Vrable ball grabfiasco

Uh no, the Jets hired him b/c he was regarded for 3 years as Bill Parcells successor. They made him the highest paid DC in football to keep him until bill left. He didnt have a problem taking their money for 3 years, he then left a dead man(our owner who died in 99 the same year he left) who put his faith in him for three years to be the next head coach of the Jets

Parcells stepped down only after he learned the Pats were going to go after Belichick. Belichick didn't want to become a HC under the ubiquitous shadow of Parcells as GM and with ownership issues up in the air. MANY coaches in many sports have expressed the same hesitation at situations like that. Try again, doofus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots