PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temporary Insanity while under the influence? or a transient psychotic episode?. Again, there is no documentation, no history at least that has ever been surfaced of either. This variation of said defence was recently tried in the Scott Fujita case and the jury rejected it. Certainly if there was any hint of it, Pats security would have been all over it prior to giving him $$$$$.

I never said either. I said he might argue diminished capacity because of the paranoia created by gang threats on his life.

Never said it was a real defense or a valid defense. I said it might be Hernandez's only hope no matter how remote from going to jail for murder.

And we don't know if there is any evidence or not. I am sure that the defense will produce a lot of evidence showing that Hernandez feared for his and his family's life in recent weeks or months. Whether the defense is going to be admissible and the evidence is valid is another issue.

Again, I am not buying such a defense. And I don't even know if they will even use such a defense, but the report in question seems to be a defense leak laying the ground work to either blame gangs for killing Lloyd to send a message to Hernandez or an affirmative defense of diminished capacity for fear of his life.

I wonder if this incident affects the decision making regarding the resigning of Brandon Spikes. I imagine the Pats may have already decided to move on from him after the season anyway, but now this incident may have sealed his fate. He's had had the most off field incidents of any current player that I can think of. Talib is up there as well so I don't expect him to stay after this year either.

There was a group of people claiming that nothing that had been stated in the media would hold up in court and there was even some clown claiming you couldn't get convicted by circumstantial evidence if that's all there was. When some of us countered that by saying that he was in some serious **** *if* what was said was true. Now, the internet lawyers tactics are to put words in your mouth that you won't find in quotes.

It's just diversion. Pretend something else was said and throw strawmen out there so that the argument shifts from what was said, to defending the strawmen.

*Everyone said wait and see and everyone else said he's guilty*... that's the tactic.

The fact is that there is even a group of people who thought he would be convicted and should stay with the team if convicted.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there's always some who go off the rails. I rolled my eyes at a great deal of posts last week and I certainly notice a few posters have sort of disappeared these last few days.

I wonder if this incident affects the decision making regarding the resigning of Brandon Spikes. I imagine the Pats may have already decided to move on from him after the season anyway, but now this incident may have sealed his fate. He's had had the most off field incidents of any current player that I can think of.
Spikes is also said to be one of the few that the former TE hung out with at ties off the fied. Rightly or wrongly I doubt that will help Spikes' chances of getting a long term deal here.

That is why I think if they go with an affirmative defense, it will more likely be a dimished mental capacity defense. Probably shouldn't have said self defense.

They will most likely use his actions in the weeks before the murder and time after the murder that the fear of the Latin Kings killing him drove him to the point of making rational or sane decisions. Again, it is a Hail Mary and only will go that route if the evidence is too damning to say he wasn't involved.

They will be laying the ground work with leaks to the press about his fears just in case though. It may also work that they could argue that Lloyd was killed by the Latin Kings to get to him.

Wow Rob - You just nailed that one on the head. It is exactly what I am thinking. Between now and the next set of court proceedings, this is exactly the direction that I think his defense lawyers are heading.

There was a group of people claiming that nothing that had been stated in the media would hold up in court...

Please post a list of those people and quote the 'offending' posts, because I don't remember reading them.

Kind of figured this would be the case.

@GlobeMCramer Odin Lloyd may have had information about double killings, officials tell us. Potential motive.

It's been less than a day, he probably hasn't even seen another inmate. SMH

NORTH DARTMOUTH, Mass. —During his first 24 hours in jail, ex-Patriots star Aaron Hernandez has been "polite and cooperative" and a "model inmate," Bristol County Sheriff Tom Hodgson told CNN.

Hernandez was being held in the Bristol County House of Corrections medical unit, which is standard for someone who hasn't been incarcerated before, he said.

The former pro athlete showed "no apparent nervousness" in jail, Hodgson said, but he noted the difficulty of going from having thousands of people cheering for him to being "just a number."

While in the medical unit, Hernandez will be locked up for 23 hours a day, with a break for a shower and phone calls, the sheriff said.

Hernandez was charged Wednesday with the murder of Odin Lloyd and could face life in prison, if convicted.

Hernandez will undergo a mental and physical evaluation and wear a green jumpsuit, which indicates that he has not been convicted of the crimes of which he is accused.

"Depending upon a medical evaluation, he may be in a cell by himself or with a cell mate," Hodgson said.

Read more: Aaron Hernandez called 'model inmate' by Bristol County Sheriff | South - WCVB Home

Aaron Hernandez -- People Were Out to Kill Me | TMZ.com

Aaron Hernandez was in constant fear that someone wanted him dead ... and that's why he stocked up on firearms ... sources close to the former New England Patriots star tell TMZ.

We're told ... the stories about Aaron's connections to gang members in Connecticut are real -- because the 23-year-old had joined one back when he was a teenager.

This article if true, kind of helps me understand why AH could have done a stupid thing such as this.

So potential blackmail could have led to death?...hmmmmm

That may explain why Lloyd thought AH might be a danger to him...the texts to his sister etc.. Lloyd knew he was in trouble and it obviously stemmed from something that happened BEFORE the night of his murder

This is starting to come together. It is possible as theorized above that either Lloyd knew about the killings (double homicide last July) and AH wanted him gone. Or, Lloyd knew about the killings and blackmailed AH to pay him off or he was going to rat him out.

As disgraceful as AH is it least it points to possible motives to the murder. The only question I have is why (if any of this is remotely possible) did Lloyd not only still associate with AH but get in a car with him. At 3 AM.

Is it possible that Lloyd knew something, blackmailed AH, AH told Lloyd he would pay him off and AH decided there was a better way to handle it?

So potential blackmail could have led to death?...hmmmmm

Either that or more likely Lloyd knew or was involved in the double homicide and Hernandez was worried he was going to talk soon or something.

Please post a list of those people and quote the 'offending' posts, because I don't remember reading them.

Misread your post on my previous answer. Thought it said wanted to stay with the team..

In terms of "list of people". Search my posts and find the ones claiming nothing would hold up... you can use the search button just as easily. They're recent.

Misread your post on my previous answer. Thought it said wanted to stay with the team..

In terms of "list of people". Search my posts and find the ones claiming nothing would hold up... you can use the search button just as easily. They're recent.

If they're so recent, surely you can cite to them. You're the one who made the claim after all.

Search my posts and find the ones claiming nothing would hold up... you can use the search button just as easily. They're recent.

You made the claim, you back it up.

There was a consistent attempt to label anyone who said 'we should wait and see' as kool aid drinkers, homers, etc, who believe that Hernandez was innocent.

I forum warriored like a jobless schmuck last week and the closest I remember to anyone professing Hernandez' innocent is people saying stuff like "I can't believe he was involved" or "there's another explanation for why his surveillance equipment would be smashed."

Either that or more likely Lloyd knew or was involved in the double homicide and Hernandez was worried he was going to talk soon or something.

Who were the two people killed? In some rival group of AH's? Maybe Lloyd was talking to other people in that rival group and AH got worried that he was turning on him/giving information that might help those rivals retaliate against AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes