PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 3m
If you purchased a #81 Hernandez jersey from the Patriots pro shop, you can exchange it for a free jersey from July 6-7, team announces.

personally i'd prefer not to have to pay to keep him in prison for the rest of his life. If he's found guilty just take him out behind a shed and put him down. He gave up his right to live when he intentionally took the life of another.

I am not against the penalty of death in the abstract. There are cases that a reaction of execution fit the action, IMO. However I am against the "Death Penalty". One thing for certain, the argument of cost is a non starter when the subject is state sponsored taking of a life.
I understand our system of justice to be, but certainly is not sometimes, designed so guilty men go free to assure innocent men are not punished. I can't imagine 'let's take the cheapest route' fits that intention (nor does sating the public's visceral need for a pound of flesh).

What will it take to convert Tebow into an elite Tight End and how long will it take? Discuss.

Will the Pats get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft next year in a trade for Ryan Mallet?

Tebow is not a tight end , he can line up in the position occasionally but he is not a TE. I have A LOT of faith in Tebow but just because he looks like a TE does not mean he is one.

Actually with Hernandez being in jail without bail it's a safe bet to assume the defense will push their client's Sixth Amendment right to a speedy trial.

Im not sure what the maximum time allowed before the trial start date in Massachusetts, but in NY for example it's six months.

EDIT: NOT a lawyer (but I watch them on tv).. it looks like the law is 12 months in Mass. So you aren't as far off as I was thinking.

IMHO, if I am AH's lawyers I would delay as much as possible. The public has a relatively short memory. Every day that goes by is one more day it has the potential to drift further away. Or maybe evidence degrades/disappears, witnesses memories fade or become less certain when relaying it in front of a jury. Or maybe one of the 3 at the scene passes away and all the worst acts can be then pinned on him. Plus I don't know if I would be on board with 'let's hurry up and get my life sentence without the possibility of parole started' (AH/they must know chances of that happening are very tangibly possible).

You might be entirely correct and the AH legal team wants to get this thing rolling. I'm speaking only from a lay point of view which seems to indicate that delay can only benefit AH's chances of walking out of prison someday.

going to take soooo long to pick a jury...trial is a long long time away

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe