PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's appropriate now to ask the question, is Dobson done or does he get another chance? With the emergence of Martin It would seem there is no longer a reason to keep his roster spot.

He has a chance every day in practice. You need to win a spot, it's not granted like a knighthood.

And to think, just a few weeks ago, several idiots around here still tried to argue that Dobson was the smarter and better draft pick the Keenan Allen..... 15 catches in one half last weekend, pretty sure thats more then Dobsons had in the past two seasons.

i am one of those idiots.
i said, how do u know that Keenan Allen would fit in New England system?
And Dobson is 2rd pick. And casue of injuries i really wished for this team to be fenomal. guess i am wrong, but still can u tell me for 100% that allen would fit in this system?

i am one of those idiots.
i said, how do u know that Keenan Allen would fit in New England system?
And Dobson is 2rd pick. And casue of injuries i really wished for this team to be fenomal. guess i am wrong, but still can u tell me for 100% that allen would fit in this system?
Can you for sure tell that Allen would fit? No. But can you really say that Dobson fits? I mean, Dobson was overtaken on the depth chart by a no name guy that we got in a trade for a low draft pick. I wouldn't say that the situation screams "perfect fit" for Dobson.

Can you for sure tell that Allen would fit? No. But can you really say that Dobson fits? I mean, Dobson was overtaken on the depth chart by a no name guy that we got in a trade for a low draft pick. I wouldn't say that the situation screams "perfect fit" for Dobson.
I want to say that Pats drafted Dobson before Allen. So they probably have higher value. Why? maybe injury, but the fact that Gronk was injury prone i dont think that is the reason.

I was high on Dobson, just , same as for Amendola, cause i really want him to be outside threat. but i guess i am wrong.

I never said that Dobson is better that Allen, just that whoever drafted him, saw higher value and i think ok, they probaly know what are they doing cause Allen is killing it in San Diego. But why. What is he doing? I dont watch him. Is he all round receiver, with good blocking and run in complex scheme?
That is my thoughts.

What is head scratching for me is Dobson really bad 3cone. And u have the same guy, or maybe better 3cone in 6or7 rd in some Dallas receiver i dont know his name. Bryce, Bruce or something

But regardless Dobson being inactive i have still very litlle tiny micrcosmos hope that maybe he will help the offense.

Played well today with very limited opportunity. Lafell dropped a seasons worth of passes today. If Dobson drops 6 balls, he has to walk home naked and learn from Shefter that he's been cut. Dobson needs more opportunity.

That won't happen again for LaFell. Dobson did his job today, even if it was limited.

Never thought I would say it...Dobson...Dobson...Dobson.:p That Second catch Dobson made in the 4th quarter was the Cleanest catch he made up to this point. He didn't juggle the Ball it just stuck to his hands his limited play and contributions are duly noted. Things might be looking up for Aaron.

His first catch was really a catch? I thought the ball touched the ground.

Cool idea...... convert him to cb.

Cool idea...... convert him to cb.

I've always wondered why Slater has never been tried on defense. I'm sure the Pats have good reason not to as they have a history of trying it with other players, but it seems he has the athleticism for it.

I've always wondered why Slater has never been tried on defense. I'm sure the Pats have good reason not to as they have a history of trying it with other players, but it seems he has the athleticism for it.
Thought for sure they had him a safety a couple of times in 2009

yeah Slater wasnt too good but I wouldnt let that stop me from trying Dobson or anyone else over 6ft with similar athleticism. Its obviously a long shot but he could be our Sherman.

I know you dont mean that but there is no chance Aaron Dobson plays CB for this team nor is there a chance he can play CB anywhere close to resembling Richard Sherman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back