PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they are speculating on 98.5 that Dobson is getting cut because Belichick will be "commenting on that later". Really?!? A second round pick who had a fairly good rookie season being cut four games into his second year.

The only way I can see any bombshell with Dobson today is if the Pats pull off a significant trade with him part of the deal. Although I don't see that either.
I am not ready to place a lot of faith in 98.5 speculation, but it does sound like something is up with Bill's comment and the Tyms decision....

I am not ready to place a lot of faith in 98.5 speculation, but it does sound like something is up with Bill's comment and the Tyms decision....
Something a little unusual and out of character does seem to be up. I just want a decent outside WR, don't care if it's Dobson or Tyms.

Tyms is so overrated on this board it isn't funny. He had one good preseason game and a couple good catches in the other preseason games against back ups. If anyone thinks that the Pats are going to cut Dobson for Tyms, they are out of their minds. And if they are somehow right, Belichick needs to get an MRI right away because I think he has a brain tumor.

I can see the possibility Dobson going to IR though.

Tyms is so overrated on this board it isn't funny. He had one good preseason game and a couple good catches in the other preseason games against back ups. If anyone thinks that the Pats are going to cut Dobson for Tyms, they are out of their minds. And if they are somehow right, Belichick needs to get an MRI right away because I think he has a brain tumor.

I can see the possibility Dobson going to IR though.
I agree with you on Tyms. But Dobson to IR would be a surprise because he hasn't been on the injury report.

I agree with you on Tyms. But Dobson to IR would be a surprise because he hasn't been on the injury report.

It wouldn't be a surprise to me. I think he is still having issues with his foot. He is fully practicing so the Pats don't really have to report him on the injury report, but he showed in the preseason game he was rounding his routes which usually means he is having trouble planting the foot.

Whether Tyms can really play, who knows, but he's a legit athlete. At 1.5 inches shorter and 7 pounds lighter he out did Dobson at the combine in just about everything except 40 time and Tyms' was OK at 4.48. Three Cone, Shuttle. BJ, VJ, Bench, Tyms was noteably better. How well he knows the offense and runs routes who knows but he has the athleticism to be a good NFL WR.

Whether Tyms can really play, who knows, but he's a legit athlete. At 1.5 inches shorter and 7 pounds lighter he out did Dobson at the combine in just about everything except 40 time and Tyms' was OK at 4.48. Three Cone, Shuttle. BJ, VJ, Bench, Tyms was noteably better. How well he knows the offense and runs routes who knows but he has the athleticism to be a good NFL WR.

Bethel Johnson was a Combine stud. Let's not overrate Tyms because he did better than Dobson at the Combines.

We better hope not.

I agree. But the "I'll comment on that later" thing is curious.

Mike Petraglia is speculating that a player did in fact mouth off to McDaniels and SMY's source gave here the wrong player. And Belichick will be announcing the player and discipline later.

Bethel Johnson was a Combine stud. Let's not overrate Tyms because he did better than Dobson at the Combines.
Every good athlete isn't Bethel Johnson. As I said, I'm not claiming that Tyms can play. We really don't know. But he's not some JAG athlete who beat up on guys now working at Wal Mart. He has solid speed, good quickness and athleticism. As he's bounced around I'll assume he's a tease but the story on him isn't complete yet.

It wouldn't be a surprise to me. I think he is still having issues with his foot. He is fully practicing so the Pats don't really have to report him on the injury report, but he showed in the preseason game he was rounding his routes which usually means he is having trouble planting the foot.
Placing him on IR would put him out for the year. Even if he were still rounding into shape as you suggest, it doesn't seem plausible that they would think he would be unable to contribute in the near future (or at all this year). As far as we know, he has the most development potential of our WRs. Of course that could mean he has trade value. I am not wild about any of these scenarios.

Mike Petraglia is speculating that a player did in fact mouth off to McDaniels and SMY's source gave here the wrong player. And Belichick will be announcing the player and discipline later.
If you want to put 2+2 together, KT has been inactive but not returning from an injury like Dobson is.

Every good athlete isn't Bethel Johnson. As I said, I'm not claiming that Tyms can play. We really don't know. But he's not some JAG athlete who beat up on guys now working at Wal Mart. He has solid speed, good quickness and athleticism. As he's bounced around I'll assume he's a tease but the story on him isn't complete yet.

Tyms has been on three teams in two years. He wasn't all that good in the preseason. He was great the first preseason game and was kinda invisible most of the rest of the way.

There is a reason why Dobson went in the second round and Tyms didn't get drafted and has been on the Browns, Dolphins, and Patriots roster in two years.

Placing him on IR would put him out for the year. Even if he were still rounding into shape as you suggest, it doesn't seem plausible that they would think he would be unable to contribute in the near future (or at all this year). As far as we know, he has the most development potential of our WRs. Of course that could mean he has trade value. I am not wild about any of these scenarios.

Belichick has been know to put players on IR if he doesn't think they will be back in a few weeks unless they were star players. Belichick thinks the roster spot is more important than waiting for a player to get on the field in a month.

Holy cow, there's a lot of speculation going on right now. I hope Belichick's comments can put an end to it rather than adding to it.

hmm speculation?

maybe it was brady....gonna get benched now or put on IR. according to everyone its time for JAG....

(kidding of course)

Tyms has been on three teams in two years. He wasn't all that good in the preseason. He was great the first preseason game and was kinda invisible most of the rest of the way.

There is a reason why Dobson went in the second round and Tyms didn't get drafted and has been on the Browns, Dolphins, and Patriots roster in two years.
I don't disagree but I give Tyms a little more chance as he's a good athlete and showed the ability to go and get the ball. I do expect Tyms to be released and attempted to be signed to the practice squad but sometimes players with a little trouble in their past take a few times around before it clicks for them. The odds are against Tyms becoming a significant, or even rosterable, player but he has enough going for him that I'm not writing him off just yet.

KT's snap count did go from above Lafell in game 3 to inactive in game 4, while Lafell had 100% of the snaps. Maybe he mouthed off? #speculation

Mike Mamula loves you

"I'll have a comment on that later"

Sounds like he's either getting traded or put on IR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand