PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter has excellent upside.

I think his upside is he last another three years in the league. Not a smart player. Lots of physical talent. Not a lot football skills. He is a thinner Stephen Hill in my eyes.

Other than being tall and fast, I don't see what people see in him. Poor hands. A lot of mental errors. Not a great route runner. Hasn't been as explosive since he tore his ACL.

I think Hunter is what he is. A raw talent who is all physical skills and not much football talent. We see plenty of guys like that come and go in the NFL.
I think we agree, I just disagree on the phrasing of not having an upside. I think Hunter has a very high upside just a low chance of achieving it.

bravo dobson. stand up to that douche mccdaniels.

it's a disgrace that danny amendola plays.

JustinHunter.jpg

I think we agree, I just disagree on the phrasing of not having an upside. I think Hunter has a very high upside just a low chance of achieving it.

See I think he doesn't have the upside because I think people judge his upside based solely that he is fast and tall. He reminds me of Stephen Hill in that respect.

Being big and fast doesn't mean you have an upside. You need good hands, at least decent route running ability, and football smarts. Those are things Hunter lacks which, IMHO, makes his upside rather low.

bravo dobson. stand up to that douche mccdaniels.

it's a disgrace that danny amendola plays.
Gotta be racial. Everyone knows our coaches are dumb and bull-headed and arrogant, so they've got to be bigoted, too. Makes perfect sense.

Gotta be racial. Everyone knows our coaches are dumb and bull-headed and arrogant, so they've got to be bigoted, too. Makes perfect sense.

Like, dislike, agree, disagree, funny, winner, useful...

Where's the WTF option?

Because they expect more out of him.
Because he has top tier talent and potential can the same be said for anyone on our team not named Edelman.
Excuse me Locker is constantly hurt and inconsistent I think he has the potential to at least take the top off a defense here.
I think its laughable that putting Jag on his jersey would motivate him maybe it did the opposite could you imagine that being done here like Ridley wearing a jersey last year with Fumbley replacing his name or dropson for Dobson Gronkowski Glassklowski the press would hang this staff.
The reason the coaches had him wear that jersey was the same week his one team mate was calling him the Goat saying he had that kind of talent they tried to bring down the enthusiasm that the player had created about a unaccomplished young talent.
Maybe it had a negative lasting effect.

I was against Lloyd getting cut. Never said he was a bust. I am just saying why he picked up the system quickly.
Cutting him may have cost us HFA last year. Would have been nice to have him in that Bengals game when all the wide outs were dropping everything.

Umm, if you're going to trade for anybody on this team, please forget WR and get some OL.

Cutting him may have cost us HFA last year. Would have been nice to have him in that Bengals game when all the wide outs were dropping everything.
I too would have liked us to have Lloyd on the team all year. That being said, his reception rate was about 50%, not much different from the kids in the second half of the season.

Of course Marshall wanted out long before McDaniels ever got to Denver, Cutler was pissed off before McDaniels got to Denver, Hillis has bounced around all over the league, and Nolan has had issues in multiple locations, but let's ignore that stuff, because it undercuts our goals. We've got a chance to complain about an offensive coordinator!

Stop acting like your the only poster with intelligence and 'common sense.' Stop quoting every post you disagree with and belittling the person who made it.

McDaniels has bounced around the league and has had issues in multiple locations, but let's ignore that stuff, because it undercuts your goals.

I never called for the guy to be fired or said a thing about him as a coach. Just pointing out that it is common for him to be involved in these types of problems with players.

Stop acting like your the only poster with intelligence and 'common sense.' Stop quoting every post you disagree with and belittling the person who made it.

McDaniels has bounced around the league and has had issues in multiple locations, but let's ignore that stuff, because it undercuts your goals.

I never called for the guy to be fired or said a thing about him as a coach. Just pointing out that it is common for him to be involved in these types of problems with players.

McDaniels had been on 3 teams. That's a far cry from bouncing around the league.

And you made a very misleading post. That's on you, not on anyone else.

As for the "intelligence and common sense" aspect, you made a claim stating McDaniels sent Scar's kid to spy, despite that not being the case according to investigators. Put down the stones, for the sake of your own glass house.

Scarnecchia acknowledged to NFL investigators that he taped the walk-through, according to excerpts from Goodell's letter to Bowlen.

Goodell's letter stated that Scarnecchia maintained he hadn't previously recorded a walk-through or other practice or "engaged in any other improper videotaping (such as recording coaching signals of an opposing team) since joining the Broncos."

The letter also said Scarnecchia "knew that what he did in London was wrong," that taping the walk-through was his decision alone and nobody instructed him to record the practice.

In addition, the investigation found that when Scarnecchia offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the coach replied, "No, I'm not doing that." Scarnecchia said he didn't show the tape to any other staff member.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ractice-draws-50k-fines-for-broncos-mcdaniels

Last edited:
I too would have liked us to have Lloyd on the team all year. That being said, his reception rate was about 50%, not much different from the kids in the second half of the season.

Tell you what though the guy had his best games against better defenses on the schedule

9 rec on 12 tar 108 yards vs Baltimore
6 rec on 12 tar 80 yards vs Seattle
7 rec on 9 tar 89 yards vs Houston
10 on 16 tar 190 yards vs San Fran

Last edited:
And you made a very misleading post. That's on you, not on anyone else.

Yup, not doing this with you. It ends the same way for every poster that bothers to respond.

Because they expect more out of him.
Because he has top tier talent and potential can the same be said for anyone on our team not named Edelman.
Excuse me Locker is constantly hurt and inconsistent I think he has the potential to at least take the top off a defense here.
I think its laughable that putting Jag on his jersey would motivate him maybe it did the opposite could you imagine that being done here like Ridley wearing a jersey last year with Fumbley replacing his name or dropson for Dobson Gronkowski Glassklowski the press would hang this staff.
The reason the coaches had him wear that jersey was the same week his one team mate was calling him the Goat saying he had that kind of talent they tried to bring down the enthusiasm that the player had created about a unaccomplished young talent.
Maybe it had a negative lasting effect.

Hunter is third on the Titans in yards and receptions. So even if Locker sucks, he is not even close to being their most productive receiver.

Also, I don't think he has top tier talent or potential. He is fast and tall. I don't see him having all the skills to be a top tier talent in this league. It reminds me of Bethel Johnson where everyone fell in love with his speed here and didn't look at the fact that he just couldn't play football.

Yup, not doing this with you. It ends the same way for every poster that bothers to respond.

Scarnecchia acknowledged to NFL investigators that he taped the walk-through, according to excerpts from Goodell's letter to Bowlen.

Goodell's letter stated that Scarnecchia maintained he hadn't previously recorded a walk-through or other practice or "engaged in any other improper videotaping (such as recording coaching signals of an opposing team) since joining the Broncos."

The letter also said Scarnecchia "knew that what he did in London was wrong," that taping the walk-through was his decision alone and nobody instructed him to record the practice.

In addition, the investigation found that when Scarnecchia offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the coach replied, "No, I'm not doing that." Scarnecchia said he didn't show the tape to any other staff member.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ractice-draws-50k-fines-for-broncos-mcdaniels

Because Dobson before he was injured showed flashes he could be a good receiver in the league. He is still coming back from injury and may be slowed by the foot. Dobson has an upside. I don't think Hunter does.

Perhaps so but, in the what have you done for me lately bracket, neither guy is much of anything when it comes to being a NFL player and are bordering on being busts. Maybe a change of scenery will help each out?

Marshall was arrested on suspicion of DUI on Oct. 22, 2007, and according to the police report, he started verbally attacking the city of Denver and saying he wanted to leave the Broncos.

"I hate Denver. I hope I get traded. I hate this f******* city," an officer wrote in the police report.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/brandon-marshall-to-police-i-hate-denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick