PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A New CB To Compete With Bryant and Wade

Agreed. He has some ability. He could be a diamond in the rough. I'm sure next season Mayo will give him plenty of opportunities. We need CB depth badly.
If Mayo is here next season. If he’s been trying to push Bill out and fails to persuade Kraft it’s likely he won’t be here.

Agreed. Jack Jones had that opportunity he was supposed to be the #2. He pissed that away in NE. Sneed was always good. KCs offense was so electric that thier defense couldn't match. ALL PRO is the telling accomplishment. Gonzo was heading in that direction as a rookie. What they should be doing is re-upping peppers, picking up barmores 5th year, franchise Dugger, we have some studs on defense need to keep guys together.
Extend Dugger. Multi year. Franchise tag only gets one year.

If Mayo is here next season. If he’s been trying to push Bill out and fails to persuade Kraft it’s likely he won’t be here.
Supposedly.. Mayo was given assurances that he is the successor. I like that Mayo's been forthcoming when asked. However with this organization I expect the unexpected.. if he's not here then he's gone next off season.

I don't think even Wade's mother would consider Wade competition for anyone. It is still a mystery how he is even on the team. He should have been cut a year or two ago.

I don't think even Wade's mother would consider Wade competition for anyone. It is still a mystery how he is even on the team. He should have been cut a year or two ago.
His father called up WEEI on gresh n fuaria a few weeks ago. He was saying Wade was getting alot of unfair criticism. Look any proud dad is always going to speak up for thier kid.. however Wade has been on this team since what 2019? 2020 something like that? He has done nothing of impact to carve a role for himself. He couldn't even make the field over the new CB just signed.

His father called up WEEI on gresh n fuaria a few weeks ago. He was saying Wade was getting alot of unfair criticism. Look any proud dad is always going to speak up for thier kid.. however Wade has been on this team since what 2019? 2020 something like that? He has done nothing of impact to carve a role for himself. He couldn't even make the field over the new CB just signed.

2021. And he might have had a handful of good plays over that time. Granted, he was barely activated much of his time his first season going into season two.

2021. And he might have had a handful of good plays over that time. Granted, he was barely activated much of his time his first season going into season two.
Thank you. I just remembered him during that last few seasons of being on IR, Inactive or just playing on special teams.

You can do both, the problem is a guy like Tee Higgins would instantly become our best WR, and then we'd watch him drop balls left and right like he's been doing all year in New England.

The real question: how much longer can Jon Jones go? 32 is pretty old. Let's ask Richard Sherman about the lifespan of an NFL CB.
Yeah...Jon could play a little longer in the slot.. but because of the depth issue at CB he's forced to play outside. He's been solid there but also more injury prone.

On tee I have not seem him drop much. Often at times he's been the playmaker for cincy.. however Higgins is just a guy who goes up and gets it. The guys a baller.

Yeah...Jon could play a little longer in the slot.. but because of the depth issue at CB he's forced to play outside. He's been solid there but also more injury prone.

On tee I have not seem him drop much. Often at times he's been the playmaker for cincy.. however Higgins is just a guy who goes up and gets it. The guys a baller.
All they're writing about for weeks in Cincy is that he's dropping a lot of balls. I show him as having 7 in 9 games.

He had 3 early on: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allb...ops-early-in-season-it-starts-off-in-practice

Even his mother tweeted at him that he better start making catches

Just think; We could have had Trent McDuffie waiting to pair with Gonzo (and possibly Bolden if he develops nicely). And, we passed on George Karlaftis. On the bright side, we got Cole Strange instead of McDuffie or Karlaftis (sarcasm implied).

Last edited:
Supposedly.. Mayo was given assurances that he is the successor. I like that Mayo's been forthcoming when asked. However with this organization I expect the unexpected.. if he's not here then he's gone next off season.
I am very skeptical about any claims of inside knowledge, such as assurances to Mayo or decisions on Bill’s fate. No, more than skeptical, I flat out don’t believe them.

assume such assurances were given, and ask yourself who would be privy to knowledge about them. At most a handful of people, none of whom would divulge that information. If Kraft told Mayo “I’m going to hire you as HC whenever Bill leaves” and Mayo blabbed about it that would be a serious breach of Kraft’s confidence, and maybe a quick way to change that intention. It‘s just not credible.

It seems that Austin should be a competitor for #5 CB or #6 CB next year. He played all the reps, and I never heard his name.

Then you must've had the sound off.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back