PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Will We Tender? Cajuste, Bryant

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Will we tender Cajuste or Bryant? Do we have any other RFA's or ERFA's to make decisions on? I think that we have waived all the ERFA's.

OTC shows Ekuale as an ERFA, other as a UFA. We should try to re-sign him in any case.
==========
CAJUSTE
Could he be a competent backup. In that case, we should tender him or count on late draftee (or free agent) to contribute.

BRYANT
He competes with Wade for reps. He seems to be OK as our 5th or 6th corner. I expect us to bring him back. Tendering him at the lowest level should be enough.

Will we tender Cajuste or Bryant? Do we have any other RFA's or ERFA's to make decisions on? I think that we have waived all the ERFA's.

OTC shows Ekuale as an ERFA, other as a UFA. We should try to re-sign him in any case.
==========
CAJUSTE
Could he be a competent backup. In that case, we should tender him or count on late draftee (or free agent) to contribute.

BRYANT
He competes with Wade for reps. He seems to be OK as our 5th or 6th corner. I expect us to bring him back. Tendering him at the lowest level should be enough.
Ekuale is an unrestricted free agent... 4 accrued seasons... agreed, I think we should re-sign him

Cajuste - make a tender, original round (3rd) or right of first refusal... we absolutely need O Line depth

Bryant - depth signing, i dont see a huge demand for his services... i dont think they will tender him... it'll be more like a "let us know what offers you get before signing anywhere else" type negotiation...

Ekuale is an unrestricted free agent... 4 accrued seasons... agreed, I think we should re-sign him

Cajuste - make a tender, original round (3rd) or right of first refusal... we absolutely need O Line depth

Bryant - depth signing, i dont see a huge demand for his services... i dont think they will tender him... it'll be more like a "let us know what offers you get before signing anywhere else" type negotiation...
We have two guys that were rookies on the DL who will be 2nd year players, Roberts and Mitchell. Why do you think Ekuale is better and more cost effective than Roberts and Mitchell?

I can see a low round tender for bryant. Bb has a woody for him and he does ok in spurts. He should not be playing nearly as much as he is but could be a very cheap depth piece who has experience in this d.

Cadjuste just is never available it seems. Hes gone imo

If they sign Jon Jones and then are also prioritizing a CB in the draft, there's no need to tender Bryant.

Rookie CB, Mills, Jack J, Jon J, Marcus J, and for depth purposes Wade.

Finito. You're done. Bryant doesn't even make the team.

We have two guys that were rookies on the DL who will be 2nd year players, Roberts and Mitchell. Why do you think Ekuale is better and more cost effective than Roberts and Mitchell?
Ekuale provides veteran experience & rotational depth and isn't going to break the bank in free agency... He plays 35 percent of the defensive snaps... Depth is important

Based on what you've seen from Mitchell and Roberts, which is limited, what makes you think they are ready to play meaningful snaps? Roberts didn't even last a full season... Not sure about damarcus Mitchell

Last edited:
I can see a low round tender for bryant. Bb has a woody for him and he does ok in spurts. He should not be playing nearly as much as he is but could be a very cheap depth piece who has experience in this d.

Cadjuste just is never available it seems. Hes gone imo

Bryant was a UDFA. The tender levels are 1st round, 2nd round or right of first refusal. Even the "Right of First Refusal" level is 2.627M. No thanks. Not for Bryant who is opposing teams Good Luck Charm.

==========
CAJUSTE

BRYANT

Not sure where you see Ekuale listed as an ERFA on OTC, but their list has him as a UFA.

1677518933331.png

Bryant was a UDFA. The tender levels are 1st round, 2nd round or right of first refusal. Even the "Right of First Refusal" level is 2.627M. No thanks. Not for Bryant who is opposing teams Good Luck Charm.

Had no idea 2.62m was the lowest tender. Yeah no thanks!

BRYANT
Sure. Bryant is fine as a 6th CB or a 6th safety. The issue is when injuries come and he actually has to play.

He is not good in coverage. Period.

The high cost of the lowest tender reminds me of something that happened to me when I was a grad student. I had a fellowship that paid rather well. When it was over, my department tried to move me over to an assistantship so I could teach. But that was a drop in pay. The union -- which wasn't an academic union -- nixed it because there was a policy against salary cuts. So the college told us there was nothing they can do. I was like, please, pay me less! Someone went to bat for me and pointed out the absurdity of the situation. I ended up getting paid at my fellowship salary for assistantship work. The moral of the story is that sometimes people will take less just to retain their job, but there's no getting around the union, and also sometimes union rules mean you're going to get paid more regardless!

Ekuale provides veteran experience & rotational depth and isn't going to break the bank in free agency... He plays 35 percent of the defensive snaps... Depth is important

Based on what you've seen from Mitchell and Roberts, which is limited, what makes you think they are ready to play meaningful snaps? Roberts didn't even last a full season... Not sure about damarcus Mitchell

They were both put on the 53 coming out of training camp, so the Pats did not want them stolen. That usually means the Pats have longer term plans for them.

They were both put on the 53 coming out of training camp, so the Pats did not want them stolen. That usually means the Pats have longer term plans for them.
I like them both, just wish they had more playing time so we have a better understanding of them as players... Ekuale was a decent, not great, but decent player.... If the money works, there is no reason not to re-sign ekuale

I like them both, just wish they had more playing time so we have a better understanding of them as players... Ekuale was a decent, not great, but decent player.... If the money works, there is no reason not to re-sign ekuale

Yes, not enough playing time so we do not know, but I expect training camp will solidify the competition, and I am guessing Ekuale will not be on the 53 but no real way to know. Wait and see. Roberts and Mitchell might be taking their off-season seriously or not, who knows.

Sure. Bryant is fine as a 6th CB or a 6th safety. The issue is when injuries come and he actually has to play.

He is not good in coverage. Period.
IF we need to add someone better, then we should do so.

For now, belichick uses Bryant a lot.

Mitchell is a STer. It is a matter
I'll the question to you. We have a player who plays well on our DL as the #1 player of the bench, playing over 30% of the reps. Why do you think Roberts should be given that position without showing anything?

IMO, thinking that Mitchell is ready to replace Ekuale makes no sense to me. He is a STer (67% of the reps) and plays no defense.

DEFENSIVE LINE (Ekuale and Davis are free agents)
NT: Godchaux, Guy, Davis
DT: Barmore, Ekuale, Roberts
DE: Wise
ST: Mitchell

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3