PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A matter of inches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go to my grave (hopefully not in the near future) believing Faulk made that first down.

the Titans haven't been back to a Super Bowl for 20 years since Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson on the one yard line to end SB XXXIV......

Wasn't that about 9 years ago, maybe 10?

Wasn't that about 9 years ago, maybe 10?

Pretty much.... but it's Christmas Eve still, and I'm feeling no pain, so what the heck...

God Bless Us One And All... ;)

Why stop at the Indy game?

Jets game - sub Aiken for Galloway (with 9 missed completions) and we probably win the game

Denver game - if Ghost hit the FG he missed we win. We just needed one point in the second half to win that game.

Miami game - 4th down gamble in the second quarter from the miami 6 was the difference

It is a game of inches, and there's no reason we couldn't be 13-1 right now.

I will go to my grave (hopefully not in the near future) believing Faulk made that first down.

I thought it was obvious he did too. He bobbled it but had it secured AFTER the yard marker then was pushed back. It was robbery. The guy who made the call couldn't have seen whether or not it was secure as faulk had his back to him. Sickening.

Absolutely sickening. I hate manning and the coltsies.

Since then though I think we've regressed. Brady hasn't been himself.

Jets game - sub Aiken for Galloway (with 9 missed completions) and we probably win the game

Denver game - if Ghost hit the FG he missed we win. We just needed one point in the second half to win that game.

Miami game - 4th down gamble in the second quarter from the miami 6 was the difference

If we sub Aiken for Galloway in that Jets game, that WR3 spot doesn't even get open for Brady to throw, and subsequently miss, the pass. Let's not forget that Galloway broke wide open for what would have been a deep, game-tying TD pass only to have Brady miss on the throw... horribly.

This all could be true, but since it is a game of inches, if a couple of things had gone another way, the pats could very well be 7-7 or 5-9 now as well. Thats actually what makes me optimistic for the rest of this season and playoffs. Except for one, the losses could all have been wins in one or two things had gone the pats way. I believe that with some rest TB will be able to get past some of the aches and pains and play better. So they need to win Sunday and play him at most a half against Houston.

Besides, as was posted on here somewhere else. The Pats have faced a virtual guantlet of the best pass defenses so far. Lets see how TB fares against the not so good Jax pass defense.

Wes Welker was wide open on that 4th n 2 btw ...

Thank you.

Brady never, ever should have thrown the ball to someone barely 2 yards from the LOS when he needed every inch of those 2 yards for a 1st down. Welker had inside position on the slant, and should've been the obvious first read. Just a(nother) terrible piece of QBing.

Besides, the Genius blew the 3rd/2 worse than the 4th/2, anyway, by not running the ball in order to kill more clock, and to poss. set up a QB sneak on 4th down. And with 2 former college QBs active for that game, I would love to have seen a Wildcat play - or at least a fake - using Edelman or Stanback.

So many complaints, so little time...

Thank you.

Brady never, ever should have thrown the ball to someone barely 2 yards from the LOS when he needed every inch of those 2 yards for a 1st down. Welker had inside position on the slant, and should've been the obvious first read. Just a(nother) terrible piece of QBing.

Besides, the Genius blew the 3rd/2 worse than the 4th/2, anyway, by not running the ball in order to kill more clock, and to poss. set up a QB sneak on 4th down. And with 2 former college QBs active for that game, I would love to have seen a Wildcat play - or at least a fake - using Edelman or Stanback.

We do need to replace our HC & QB....then all will be as it was (before 2001).

And if the tuck is ruled a fumble, Belichick goes onto miss the playoffs in the following year and gets fired, Bledsoe gets his job back after pressure from the front office to play its highest paid star and coach XYZ runs the franchise for the next 8 years at a record of 64-64.

A matter of inches.

Just win, baby. The Pats are playing a playoff game for the first time since February 2008. I'm just happy about that.

Just win, baby. The Pats are playing a playoff game for the first time since February 2008. I'm just happy about that.

Amen...........

And if the tuck is ruled a fumble, Belichick goes onto miss the playoffs in the following year and gets fired, Bledsoe gets his job back after pressure from the front office to play its highest paid star and coach XYZ runs the franchise for the next 8 years at a record of 64-64.

A matter of inches.

So true, and scary.

Yes ... :yeeha: .... I don't bother with the what if's and i don't really like to be critical of Bill. I realize it's a game of inches and it's a game of probability. Bill get's the inches and the probability on his side more than all the other coaches since he's been here ... good enough for me.

Thank you.

Cousin,
Both of those scenarios should have been a moot point. Nobody mentions the fact that #78 Brock lined up off-sides on that 4th down play. Check the tapes. It's obvious. Neutral-Zone infraction, Pats first down. Polian has the rule changed the next week.
P.S. I can see not running Maroney on that 3rd down.
I think if Taylor was healthy we have at least two more wins.
I am not buying Maroney. He is a tease.
DW Toys

Yes ... :yeeha: .... I don't bother with the what if's and i don't really like to be critical of Bill. I realize it's a game of inches and it's a game of probability. Bill get's the inches and the probability on his side more than all the other coaches since he's been here ... good enough for me.

Here here! I agree with this. :cool:

Thank you.

Yeah, what a couple of losers, Belichick and Brady. We (the Patriots) have so many Hall of Famers that we could well do without those two bums...

The only difference between our positions is that I have "reservations" and you have "concerns".

Well that's the real argument. Confronting the "hapless" poster is confronting a straw man. The overwhelming amount of posters on this board fall into the "have reservations" and "have concerns" variety. And, unfortunately, the "have concerns" posters are closer to the mark.

Last edited:
Hindsight is always 20/20.

It really doesn't matter what happened in the past.

The future is ahead.

The Pats still have a good chance at doing great things, if they can go to the playoffs.

Which is why they need to focus on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results