PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A matter of inches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

Brady never, ever should have thrown the ball to someone barely 2 yards from the LOS when he needed every inch of those 2 yards for a 1st down. Welker had inside position on the slant, and should've been the obvious first read. Just a(nother) terrible piece of QBing.

Besides, the Genius blew the 3rd/2 worse than the 4th/2, anyway, by not running the ball in order to kill more clock, and to poss. set up a QB sneak on 4th down. And with 2 former college QBs active for that game, I would love to have seen a Wildcat play - or at least a fake - using Edelman or Stanback.

So many complaints, so little time...

This has been gone over already, here and elsewhere. Brady threw to Faulk because that was way the play was designed to go. He didn't have time to look at alternate reads.

EDIT: At this rate, I'll reach 1000 posts fairly soon (sometime in 2016). What a post whore I am.:D

Last edited:
Off topic:

SpiderFox53--I'm not sure what your situation is for watching Pats games, but if you are ever in need of a place to watch the game, let me know.

I live very close to the 79 exit in Bridgeville (S.Fayette Twp.)

Or any other posters who live in the area, for that matter.:)

Just PM me or respond to any posts, etc.

It's funny....you could play this "What If" game with the Pats over this entire decade. As good as this team was over that stretch of 3 superbowls in 4 years, there were so many games where one or two plays made the difference.

By the same token.....

What if Tom Brady doesn't throw a pick to Champ Bailey down on the goal line in Denver? Maybe the Pats win that game and who's to say they wouldn't have beaten Pitt and Seattle for their 3rd SB in a row.

What if they actually could have survived the Colts fierce comeback the following year in the AFCC game? No way they would have lost to the Bears in the Superbowl.

What if Asante Samuel had actually intercepted the ball against Eli Manning? The game would have all but been iced.

And what if the Pats had actually made the playoffs last year? Sure, Matt Cassel was at QB and they struggled against good teams thru the entire season but they were as hot as any team when the regular season ended last year.

A play here and there and our Pats could have won 5 or 6 titles this decade instead of 3.

Then again.....if Bledsoe doesn't get injured. If Vinateri doesn't make the near miracle kick in the snowbowl game etc etc.

Here's another "what if". What if we have not seen this Patriot team play their best football yet? I'd like to think Tom Brady will be at his best when the tourney starts. This is why I think they need to have a couple of good weeks here to end the season and go into the playoffs on a mini role. Honestly I care more that they play well these last two weeks than I care about whether they win the division or get in with a wildcard.

Last edited:
Off topic:

SpiderFox53--I'm not sure what your situation is for watching Pats games, but if you are ever in need of a place to watch the game, let me know.

I live very close to the 79 exit in Bridgeville (S.Fayette Twp.)

Or any other posters who live in the area, for that matter.:)

Just PM me or respond to any posts, etc.

Thanks for the offer. I have DirecTV and Sunday Ticket.

Don't live that far from you tho. Live on the Carrick, Overbrook line in Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News