PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A list of your favorite....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
While we wait for the Pats to lay the smackdown on the Steelers, l wanted to change things up a bit...

How about reliving some moments of Patriot greatness that will live with each of us ( Personally) for a long time:

What was your favorite:

1). Regular season victory ever.
2). Playoff win of all time.
3). SB win.
4). Single play in team history.
5). Rematch game where we lost previous game, only to come back and get best of said team next time.

Mention why they're your favs if you don't mind.

My personal choices:

1). "We're on to Cincinnati". Team obviously took those words to heart and performed at at a high level. Turning point of 2014.

2). Definitely snow game vs Raiders. Down ten, tuck rule, A.V clutch kicks in snow. Beginning of a dynasty.

3). SB 36. Scrappy underdog team who refused to give up. Plus it was the first.

4). Butler int. Nough said!!

5). Payback on Steelers in playoffs after Halloween defeat.

1. Colts 2003. Goal Line Stand seals the win.
2. Colts 2003 AFC Divisional. #1 offense in the league held to 3 points.
3. Pats vs Seahawks. 4th SB healed a lot of wounds. Brady torched 1# defense in the league.
4. Butler interception.
5. Steelers. Torching the 1# defense in the league.

Last edited:
Reg season - 45-3. Probably the best/ most dominating performance ive seen. It was a marquis matchup too i think us and nyj were 8-2.

Playoff - id imagine sb doesnt count so id say 2004 afcc @ pitt. Total destruction and the peak of our dynasty (would love if they could prove me wrong on that in the next few seasons).

Sb: win over seattle -f*** you goodell, espn, jealous fans, and everyone who tried to smear us in the weeks leading up to the game. We defeated you ALL.

Play : malcolm butler - see above

Rematch - kinda drawing a blank. Pitt in 04 i guess

Poster - supafly

Reg season - 45-3. Probably the best/ most dominating performance ive seen. It was a marquis matchup too i think us and nyj were 8-2.

Playoff - id imagine sb doesnt count so id say 2004 afcc @ pitt. Total destruction and the peak of our dynasty (would love if they could prove me wrong on that in the next few seasons).

Sb: win over seattle -f*** you goodell, espn, jealous fans, and everyone who tried to smear us in the weeks leading up to the game. We defeated you ALL.

Play : malcolm butler - see above

Rematch - kinda drawing a blank. Pitt in 04 i guess

Poster - supafly

If only that 45-3 bashing happened a month or so later...ugh.....

You should add favorite BB quote to the list. There are so many great ones.

Squish the Fish! After 18 straight Pats losses in the Orange Bowl, the Pats put a crushing end to the Dolphins reign. Three straight road playoff wins. That was the season that changed the mindset about what was possible, like the '67 Sox. Didn't gain the ultimate prize but showed that it was in reach.

1). Regular season victory ever. (so many but I'll pick ) Patriots 43 FiveHead 21 2014

2). Playoff win of all time. ( Hard to pick an all time ) Patriots 35 Harbabies 31 AFC Divisional 2014

This game had just about everything. Edelman TD throw, One of TB's sweetest TD passes, the infamous trick formation. Tough game but not even a Raven's eye poke could stop Brady.

3). SB win. (Another tough call ) SB 49. It shoved Roger's Defamegate right up his ass.

An awesome Brady/team performance in the second half. Just awesome.

4). Single play in team history. The Butler interception. Which has to be seen from a team aspect.

Great video of what lead up to that play.

5). Rematch game where we lost previous game, only to come back and get best of said team next time.

Week 10 2001 Rams 24 Patriots 17 SB 36 Patriots 20 Rams 17

Madden's Goosebumps. Troy "the Football God" Brown. Adam V clutch kick. And of course Tom "Captain cool under pressure" Brady.

6.) Favorite BB quote: (Too many to choose from. I'll go with the latest.) "I'm a football coach. I'm not a doctor ... They don't call plays, I don't do surgeries. We have a great deal here."

1) Saints game. We stood up to leave after the interception then as we were walking out we realized the math still have us a chance so we watched from a different section as the magic happened. Show ponies, unicorns, where's the beef!

2) Snow Bowl. Picturesque winter night. Brady comeback. Adams greatest kicks ever. Nuff said.

3) The next one. But until then SB36 Walk off FG for our first one ever. Me and my father were there didn't leave the stadium for like an hour then onto bourbon street but not before we called my Papa Joe first to celebrate.

4) Butler did it!

5) SB36 losing to the greatest show on turf earlier that year actually taught the team something about themselves and set up a great rematch win for a SB title our first ever can't beat that.

Honorable mention for number 1:

The Snow game VS the Dolphins where Bru and the whole crowd threw snow into the air on perfect tempo to Rock and Roll part 2.

It's a toss up between the Thanksgiving buttfumble game and the Denver game at Gillette where the Pats were down 24-0 at the half and came back to win on Welkers muffed punt in overtime. Simply two ridiculously glorious evenings!!

For me it was the Ravens Divisional at Gillette in 2014.

3). SB win.
Superbowl 49. Appreciated it so much more than the first ones.

Malcolm Butler

Steelers 04

It's a toss up between the Thanksgiving buttfumble game and the Denver game at Gillette where the Pats were down 24-0 at the half and came back to win on Welkers muffed punt in overtime. Simply two ridiculously glorious evenings!!

For me it was the Ravens Divisional at Gillette in 2014.

3). SB win.
Superbowl 49. Appreciated it so much more than the first ones.

Malcolm Butler

Steelers 04

This is EXACTLY what my picks would be...

Although for me, the best regular season match up would be either the Denver game where we came back from a 24-0 deficit OR the December 30, 2007 game, when we completed the undefeated regular season and went 16-0.

24-0 comeback vs Denver

This is tough..I think I'll go with the LaClassian game by a hair over the destruction of the 04 Steelers. I'll pick that Steelers game for #5 to make up for it. Man was that win ****ing satisfying, the crying that ensued after made it that much more fun. Finally found a copy of that and watched it a few weeks ago (hit me up if anyone wants it). Honorable mentions for that 2014-15 Ravens game and the 2004-05 20-3 win over the Colts.

3). SB win.
Gotta be SB 49. Took the first couple of SBs for granted as a guy who was just a kid at the time, enjoyed every moment of this one.

Malcolm Butler pick, easy.

Yeah, that 2004-05 AFCCG, what a win. Steelers fans and players are still crying about this game to this day. Really though, how do you NOT pick this game?

1. Pats win over broncos on Monday night in 2003, pats take safety late in game, going down by 3, free kick to broncoos, defense holds, Brady hits givens for TD with 30 seconds left to win.
2. Definitely snow bowl, 1st Brady playoff win..
3. Sb 36, drive with 1:21 left and no time outs. Sb 49 is close 2nd.
4. Troy brown shake and bake punt return for TD against steelers in afc championship game.
5. Steelers playoff game after Halloween loss ended winning streak.
6. On Brady's hand injury, "it's not life threatening"

I guess with me, first time is always the most memorable.....2001

1976 Pats / JESTs
Tough as Nails Steve Grogan....41 yd naked bootleg TD ... a slow motion rumble
Grogan was my guy...will always be my Pats favorite

Chronologic list of my Boston sports heroes as a youth:
Bobby Orr
Dewey Evans
Steve Grogan
Larry God

24-0 comeback vs Denver

This is tough..I think I'll go with the LaClassian game by a hair over the destruction of the 04 Steelers. I'll pick that Steelers game for #5 to make up for it. Man was that win ****ing satisfying, the crying that ensued after made it that much more fun. Finally found a copy of that and watched it a few weeks ago (hit me up if anyone wants it). Honorable mentions for that 2014-15 Ravens game and the 2004-05 20-3 win over the Colts.

3). SB win.
Gotta be SB 49. Took the first couple of SBs for granted as a guy who was just a kid at the time, enjoyed every moment of this one.

Malcolm Butler pick, easy.

Yeah, that 2004-05 AFCCG, what a win. Steelers fans and players are still crying about this game to this day. Really though, how do you NOT pick this game?

The LaClassian game is a great pick.

1). The Buttfumble Game - There was maybe a little trepidation before the game, given that the Jest were sometimes a menace, but in less than a minute of game time; the TD, the Buttfumble, and the fumble return by Edelman. Bam...Turkey leg time!

2). 2003 AFCC - Destroyed Manning with 4 INTs on a nasty, snowy kind of day. That diving interception by Ty Law is still seared in my mind as one of the most memorable moments from those early SB years. Manning face became a thing.

3). SB49. Shoved Defamegate in Goodell's ass. Ravens, Colts, and all the others who tried to take the Pats down had to watch Brady take the Lombardi, delivered to the stage by none other than Mr. Sour Grapes himself, Kurt Warner. I personally didn't see this game live. I was in Basic Training. The Drill Sergeant told us before lights out that the Pats were down 24-14 in the fourth quarter. I went to sleep and I told myself that with Brady there was always a chance. The next morning, we got the news in formation. I broke discipline and cheered. I got dropped, but I sounded off "1-Tom Brady, 2-Tom Brady..." and got a laugh out of the cadre. Great memories.

4). The "fake" Statue of Liberty play against Jacksonville in the 2007 AFC Divisional Playoffs. What a play.

5). Gotta go with SB36. That loss to the Rams was a turning point. Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk still cry themselves to sleep every night.

BB Quote: The "bake sale" quote regarding the money for goal line cameras.

1. Either the 2013 Denver game or the 2007 Bills game in BUF. 7 straight drives, 7 straight TD's. That shouldn't even happen in high school.

2. 2014 vs Ravens

3. SB49

4. "The Interception"

5. 2004 vs Steelers. Their fans thought they were going to the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back