PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Broncos fan's perspective on this Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting points,Ryo.Nice post.

Well, as far as the bolded goes, I did predict a 34-24 Pats win, so I think that falls in nicely between your 28-37 prediction ;)

I'm just trying to analyze this game from an overall perspective. I shouldn't have said "probably" when comparing the two defenses, the Steelers is certainly better. That being said, we can only play who's on the schedule. Vikings game aside, it's hard to have asked for better (or more clutch) defensive performances during our 6 game win streak. You can look at it from a seasonal perspective, or you can look at it from a how have you been lately approach. Seasonally, no, we're not overly impressive. Our yardage stats, our turnovers forced stats and our points allowed stats...none of the stats point to a particularly impressive defense. In fact, the only stat that shows we've done anything defensively is sacks, and we're fourth in the league in that category. You'd just have to watch the games to see how they've come together over the last six games.

The opponents haven't been overly impressive (although despite Rivers' awful season, that offense can still be dangerous), but they've been extremely impressive during the win streak. The Bears shouldn't have scored once last week. Hester somehow managed to break 5 tackles to return the ball to our 35. They scored their only TD on that drive. Their FG was from 57, and not saying that doesn't count, but just illustrates that they couldn't move the ball at all. Not that they should've, it was Caleb Hanie and Marion Barber, but nevertheless, their O did absolutely nothing.

I'm not so sure about that. It's not just our DL, it's the combination of them with our LBs that make us dangerous against QBs. I wouldn't be surprised if we got 3-5 sacks in this game.

Works 60% of the time, all the time ;)

Sure, believing doesn't make a good football team. Something's happened though. This team was 1-4 with Orton and the SAME team is 7-1 with Tebow.

My expectations aren't high for this game, I'm just enjoying the ride. At some point though you've got to give credit where it's due. The Broncos are an improving football team. Maybe not this year, but we could be setting up for a playoff run in the next few years. I can only hope. :cool:

Great post, I am pretty sure there is something special happening in denver, and I hope you guys really enjoy it. It is so much fun to have a team winning. Tebow seems like a likable guy, so that helps.
LOL, yeah , I guess we see the same on the points. NE has been pumping out this high powered offense for years. Its on a very rare occasion that anyone can stop it. I don't see any fan of NE saying to an opposing fan that your not going to stop this offense or we are going to put 28-30 points on you, as arrogant or overstated , because they have been doing just that for 5-8 years now, lol. Its pretty sickening,lol
After awhile it's just a fact WE ALL have to deal with when we play the Patriots.

Any team can beat another, look at NO and the Rams game, but I think we are all chatting in forums with other teams to find the realistic chance on an up coming game. Not to preach or be one-sided , but plead your case and back it up, so you can find out if your right, both right, wrong, or both wrong. "Any Given Sunday" , the phrase drives me crazy, lol, because their is no way to counter that.

I have watched 2 off your games, I have sunday ticket, the Bears and the Jets game. Von Miller is a very very good LB, you use him a lot like we use Roman Harper. I wasn't to impressed with his pass protection though, and I don't think I would put him at Patrick Willis's level just yet .
You sacks are impressive Von Miller is 7th in the NFL,
Sacks
1. Jared Allen · MIN 17.5
2. Jason Babin · PHI 15.0
3. DeMarcus Ware · DAL 15.0
4. Terrell Suggs · BAL 13.0
5. Jason Pierre-Paul · NYG 12.5
6. Chris Long · STL 12.0
7. Von Miller · DEN 11.5
8. Aldon Smith · SFO 10.5
9. Andre Carter · NWE 10.0
10. Connor Barwin · HOU 9.5

To tell you the truth we in NO are not even afraid of the Bear with Forte, and Cutler playing, lol, their OL is so bad even our DL can sack their QB, and that is saying something :)
The game you played that impressed me the most was the Jets game. They don't suck, no matter what anyone says, and Tebow never should have been able to run on them like that. Champ is one of the best in the game but its your ability to cover the #2WR, TE, or vs RB's where your defense breaks down.
I think, not completely sure about that.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

But, I would be completely shocked if you even got 3 sacks on Brady. He moves to well in the pocket, and the Pats OL is just to good for even the best DL/LB's. As an example we play Dallas, Texans, Falcons, and etc almost every year. They have pretty elite DL/LB combos, but rarely get one sack on Bees in a game.
and NE's had the 1-5# top OL for years now. So, maybe 1-2, but 3 would really surprise me.

Well gregg williams is just a blitz whore, lol, Im not sure he even understands its suppose to be a surprise.
Yeah, something is happening , I think we all see that, and Im so happy for your fans. Most like me see Tebow as a talented player, and a team starting to build and come together. I am worried that if Tebow keeps tucking the ball and running he's going to meet Mr. Harrison, Harper or some other heavy hitter that might end the season for him, but its really fun as heck to watch.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to Skip Bayless who, tonight, said he'd rather have Tebow under center than Brady late in the game. This was on the ABC special (predraft) and if Brady didn't see it tonight, I'm sure he'll hear about it first thing tomorrow.

This makes the game that much more of a blowout.

as an aside...just what exactly is a "Skip Bayless" and where does it come from?? I mean, does it just somehow pop into existence and is this immediate NFL expert whose opinions are held in the highest esteem by the rest of the NFL media? Every time I catch his act it's like watching a real plastic cartoon character act like a real bad ham.

Just wanted to say thanks to Skip Bayless who, tonight, said he'd rather have Tebow under center than Brady late in the game. This was on the ABC special (predraft) and if Brady didn't see it tonight, I'm sure he'll hear about it first thing tomorrow.

Yeah...and in other news Bayless said he would also have Tebow's babies. I really doubt that Brady cares about what this clown has to say.

Last edited:

This is unbelievable. Skip Bayless does an excellent job being provocative and contrarian, but this is downright idiotic. Usually he uses very narrowly selected statistics to make his point but here he has none.

Bayless' modus operandi, however, is to find ways to ratchet up the media pressure on guys who show a lack of humility like LeBron James and now Tim Tebow. Tebow's act is now cartoonish, so it makes some sense for Bayless to call him out in this way. All it takes is one reporter asking John Fox or Tim Tebow to comment on this and the pressure on Tebow rises.

Joe Theisman did the NFLN piece on Brady being inaccurate while his three co-commentators laughed at the footage of Brady missing receivers on five or six plays culled out of his 480+ pass attempts. A lame attempt to draw viewers in to watch Brady stink and Tebow excel that works pre-game for the fan focused elsewhere.

The Patriots are a level above all six teams that the Broncos have beaten in their streak and adding fuel to the fire or pressure on Tebow is all good for the Pats.

Yeah...and in other news Bayless said he would also have Tebow's babies. I really doubt that Brady cares about what this clown has to say.

For the record, Skip bayless and colin cowhard are the only ones who stick up for brady and the pats. All the other anaylst are quick to put him down while those two never back off.

Skip bayless is the only one on espn that thinks tom brady should be mvp over rodgers because he's more valuable to his team. I've seen those two get chewed out for defending brady more than any other "analyst" on that network.

Last edited:
For the record, Skip bayless and colin cowhard are the only ones who stick up for brady and the pats. All the other anaylst are quick to put him down while those two never back off.

Skip bayless is the only one on espn that thinks tom brady should be mvp over rodgers because he's more valuable to his team. I've seen those two get chewed out for defending brady more than any other "analyst" on that network.

Coolguy......do you actually keep track of what this method actor proclaims from day to day.

You DO understand that during commercial breaks an ESPN producer says to him "Skip, baby, we need you to pump up Tebow while the other guy on the set puts him down......now for bigger ratings say something like 'I want to have his babies'"

I guess there are some people out there watching who actually believe that professional wresting isn't fake also.

Coolguy......do you actually keep track of what this method actor proclaims from day to day.

You DO understand that during commercial breaks an ESPN producer says to him "Skip, baby, we need you to pump up Tebow while the other guy on the set puts him down......now for bigger ratings say something like 'I want to have his babies'"

I guess there are some people out there watching who actually believe that professional wresting isn't fake also.

WTF. I can say skip was giving brady the same treatment for the past decade. Skip bayless was always the only on team brady in the whole manning vs brady debate that took over the past decade. Skip was also the only one who defended the pats "legacy" during that spygate B.S. LOL, SKIP bayless would tell anyone that Brady is the best QB of all time.

I only watch the show because i know how big of a fan he is of brady and the pats.

I don't give a damn if he defends brady. He sounds like a nutter.

And no way in hell is Brady more deserving of the MVP. I don't care if he might be doing it with less talent. It's always been the guy with the numbers and winning record.

Alright well we're just an hour and a half away from the start. Good luck today, here's to an injury-free, close game.

Alright well we're just an hour and a half away from the start. Good luck today, here's to an injury-free, close game.

Amen to that - should be a good one.......and the whole country will be watching!

Dawkins inactive.

Decent game...would've been a much better one had we not fumbled the ball a handful of times. Not an excuse, just saying it would've been a closer game.

We didn't deserve to win though, costly turnovers prevented us from keeping the momentum rolling and we never caught back up.

I was kind of close on the score, predicted 34-24, was off by a touchdown and an XP. Somewhere in the thread I said I wouldn't be surprised if Hernandez had a pretty big day...

The Pats impressed the hell out of me today though. That offense is still something special, and for as much as I dislike Brady, it's impossible to say he hasn't been incredible. We got two sacks, I think, had some pretty costly penalties and just didn't show the same desire we displayed in the first quarter.

Good game, wish it could've been a better one. Hopefully we can meet again in the postseason.

Tebow was brainwashed into playing the 4th quarter first, followed by the first 3.

I can actually see Gronk having an average day (by his standards...so that'd be a TD and 80 yards), but Hernandez having a big game. I think Hernandez finishes with a better game than Gronk.

Champ is still good, but like I said, he's not a "whoever he covers will have 0 catches" type of corner anymore.

Like I said from the start, I think there's too many weapons and I think we lose this game 34-24. Sticking to that prediction as the game approaches.

Yep you did mention AH having a big game, and I know it's of little consolation, but you had one of the best "guesses" at how this game was going to go. Thanks for coming here and partaking in honest conversation and analysis or this game. Good luck to your Broncos from here on out.

Decent game...would've been a much better one had we not fumbled the ball a handful of times. Not an excuse, just saying it would've been a closer game.

We didn't deserve to win though, costly turnovers prevented us from keeping the momentum rolling and we never caught back up.

I was kind of close on the score, predicted 34-24, was off by a touchdown and an XP. Somewhere in the thread I said I wouldn't be surprised if Hernandez had a pretty big day...

The Pats impressed the hell out of me today though. That offense is still something special, and for as much as I dislike Brady, it's impossible to say he hasn't been incredible. We got two sacks, I think, had some pretty costly penalties and just didn't show the same desire we displayed in the first quarter.

Good game, wish it could've been a better one. Hopefully we can meet again in the postseason.

I think the Broncos are going to be a team to reckoned with going forward.

Hope that you stick around here now that the game is over. We need and welcome good posters from other teams. :rocker:

Last edited:

Hope that you stick around here now that the game is over. E need and welcome good posters from other teams. :rocker:

This ^. Nice move sticking around too, a lot will come, post threads, talk their teams up and never show up again.

You're still here after a tough loss, hope you stay and chat about all things football.

Hope that you stick around here now that the game is over. E need and welcome good posters from other teams. :rocker:

Second that. I learned a lot about the Broncos from your posts, and I hope you'll keep coming around to PatsFans.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3