PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Onwenu at Right Tackle

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Hey everyone, anyone else notice how solid the Pats are when Onwenu starts at right tackle? Our record’s better, the run game picks up, and QBs seem to breathe easier. Plus, he’s been a quick fix for a shaky O-line in past seasons.

Thoughts?

Hey everyone, anyone else notice how solid the Pats are when Onwenu starts at right tackle? Our record’s better, the run game picks up, and QBs seem to breathe easier. Plus, he’s been a quick fix for a shaky O-line in past seasons.

Thoughts?
Yes, we are much better with Onwenu at RT over Lowe.

Per Reiss et al., they asked Onwenu if he'd be comfortable switching, and he's been practicing there all week.

They didn't commit one way or the other on him playing there next week.

Sure, but today was also probably the best game from the guard position this season, despite not having Onwenu there. That’s a big factor too.

The Patriots were just hoping for someone to be passable at RT so Onwenu could stay at his position where he plays like an All-Pro.

It never happened. Sow has strung together 2 decent games in a row. If he starts improving and Strange stays healthy, that will be ideal for the Patriots

Keep him there Mac plays like his Ceiling Kirk Cousins when Onwenu is our RT.

You'd think Owenu would prefer to be a RT rather than an OG as the compensation is higher there...
Should force the Pats to lock him up now BB values that kind of versatility. Mac looked a lot more comfortable knowing he didn't have direct line from RT to him.

I'd prefer Thornton. We need downfield speed.
With good protection from the current O-line we should be able to get long developing plays down field. We need Tyquan's Big play ability downfield.

The problem is if injuries occur....back to square one. I don't know what is going on with Anderson and I thought McDermott would be passable but he was hurt as well. Mafi and Lowe aren't good enough for backup roles and struggle so much that I wanted Ferentz in the game lol.

The problem is if injuries occur....back to square one. I don't know what is going on with Anderson and I thought McDermott would be passable but he was hurt as well. Mafi and Lowe aren't good enough for backup roles and struggle so much that I wanted Ferentz in the game lol.

Sow will only get better, he is a rookie. Let's hope Strange's knee and Onwenu's ankle keep improving week to week even though they are playing.

I've said since the offseason, today's version of the offensive line is their best version.

Whether Sow or Onwenu play right tackle doesn't really matter. I'm sure they prefer having the vet out there on an island so Onwenu gets the nod.

This is all well and good, but the offensive line started really improving back in week three against the Jest's.

If Mac has really turned a corner they can win some games, but we've seen him pretend to do this before. Last year after Gillette was chanting Zappe's name, Mac improved and stopped turning the ball over as much... it didn't last.

We'll see whether Mac builds off this win, or regresses like he has done before. Been waiting three years for him to level up, I expected it to be this season... still waiting.

I've said since the offseason, today's version of the offensive line is their best version.

Whether Sow or Onwenu play right tackle doesn't really matter. I'm sure they prefer having the vet out there on an island so Onwenu gets the nod.

This is all well and good, but the offensive line started really improving back in week three against the Jest's.

If Mac has really turned a corner they can win some games, but we've seen him pretend to do this before. Last year after Gillette was chanting Zappe's name, Mac improved and stopped turning the ball over as much... it didn't last.

We'll see whether Mac builds off this win, or regresses like he has done before. Been waiting three years for him to level up, I expected it to be this season... still waiting.
I thought Mac played significantly better after the bears game. We lost due to lot of self inflicted wounds.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back