PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8-8 or 9-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember how after the draft how i said this right now is a 9-7 team and got crucified for it...The jets were improved and so was Miami... This is prob more a 10-6 team.. but the jets are not going away and neither is miami... I would like to see this team win a game on the road first...

There is no chance that we don't go 2-14 for the rest of the season.

We should bench the starting offense.

Am I doing this right?

NO! You left out fire the coach!

I remember how after the draft how i said this right now is a 9-7 team and got crucified for it...The jets were improved and so was Miami... This is prob more a 10-6 team.. but the jets are not going away and neither is miami... I would like to see this team win a game on the road first...

I watched both the Pats-Bills game last night and the Jets-Dolphins game and somethings, which everyone else has said, were obvious. First, the only two people worth a damn on the defense were Mayo and Chung. What is worse, in the Bills game, it actually looked like the defense regressed quite a bit. Not good. The Pats have no pass rush and can't cover and that is a recipe for disaster. What is worse, they can't stop the run. This is 2005 all over again, but without the veterans.

The offense is great and will get better every game.

As for the Jets and the Dolphins, those two teams have so many playmakers. LT still has something in the tank and both B. Edwards and Marshall are premier receivers. Both of those two made plays all game long.

Honestly, if the Dolphins can move the ball like that against the Jets, I think we are in for a long night on Monday.

I see no good reason to expect the Pats to do any better than 8 and 8 this season. Their glaring weaknesses in the secondary and lack of a pass rush will make them vulnerable to any offensive coordinator who's worth his salt. Brady's guys will not be able to score 30+ points every week and their schedule will do them in.

Sounds about right to me.

And I'm still not confident that our running game can seal the deal in the 4th qtr, should we ever have a lead by then.

We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken...

I like it, it rolls right off the tongue!

Mia - pick em
Balt - L
SD - L
Minn - W
Cle - W
Pitt - L
Ind - L
Det - W
Jets - W
Chi - W
GB - L
Buf - W
Mia - W

If they lose Monday, I see 9-7 as a good result for the year--but that also means winning 5 of the last 6. People who have thrown out 11 or 12 wins for this team haven't looked at the schedule. I think the defense will get a lot better as the season goes on, and 9-7 might get them into the playoffs.

I watched both the Pats-Bills game last night and the Jets-Dolphins game and somethings, which everyone else has said, were obvious. First, the only two people worth a damn on the defense were Mayo and Chung. What is worse, in the Bills game, it actually looked like the defense regressed quite a bit. Not good. The Pats have no pass rush and can't cover and that is a recipe for disaster. What is worse, they can't stop the run. This is 2005 all over again, but without the veterans.

The offense is great and will get better every game.

As for the Jets and the Dolphins, those two teams have so many playmakers. LT still has something in the tank and both B. Edwards and Marshall are premier receivers. Both of those two made plays all game long.

Honestly, if the Dolphins can move the ball like that against the Jets, I think we are in for a long night on Monday.

Yeah

If only the Pats had some decent receivers and a decent QB.

Seriously, the way so many here "think" makes one wonder how society can continue.

The great thing about Pittsburgh is they are homers no matter what. patsfans.com is the magnet for the reverse homer.

Why do people think the Chargers are a good football team?

Why do people think the Chargers are a good football team?

The Chargers are going to spank this defense...I am expecting a 40 burger for SD on this D...Hope I am wrong

Rivers is a pretty good QB

The Chiefs and Seahawks beat them... I'm not really worried

The Chiefs and Seahawks beat them... I'm not really worried

I wouldn't discount them. The Chargers, for one, usually start off slow. For another, they always seem to play us tough.

I'm thinking we go 18-1 again this season :)

I would say 12-14 wins is alright, can't expect us to win 13 straight so we should drop one or two. Steelers and Ravens have no offense, Packers and Colts have no answer for us, or a ground game. Every team has a realistic shot at going down, you just have to be confident.

Wow. This thread is just... wow.
It's amazing how a bunch of people can watch the same games, and see completely different things.
I'd get into it, but I would'nt know where to begin.

The Chargers are going to spank this defense...I am expecting a 40 burger for SD on this D...Hope I am wrong

Rivers is a pretty good QB

You havent watched SD play this year have you?

Yes, Rivers is a good QB he is missing his best WR and his best O-lineman abd they have an inconsistent running game with weak D-fense... thus far.

I can only say what i see...last year i would say yes SD would beat this team. But the way they are playing they don't have a better O than we do and their D and ours are pretty damn equal friend.

You havent watched SD play this year have you?

Yes, Rivers is a good QB he is missing his best WR and his best O-lineman abd they have an inconsistent running game with weak D-fense... thus far.

I can only say what i see...last year i would say yes SD would beat this team. But the way they are playing they don't have a better O than we do and their D and ours are pretty damn equal friend.

What you fail to understand is that in the 2 losses the Chargers and Rivers have faced some pretty good defenses at least at this time in the Chiefs and Seahawks - They will be looking at a near bottom ranked defense here....

If we can give up 30 to Buffalo we certainly can give up 40 to the Chargers.....there is not one game this year where we will face a team that anyone in here is confident we can shut down and until I see it I won't believe it,there will be shootouts and there will be blowouts this year.

Last edited:
I see no good reason to expect the Pats to do any better than 8 and 8 this season. Their glaring weaknesses in the secondary and lack of a pass rush will make them vulnerable to any offensive coordinator who's worth his salt. Brady's guys will not be able to score 30+ points every week and their schedule will do them in.

neither

wait a minute..... you are not Pessimistic Pete

DOOOOMED....:bricks::bricks:

It's funny that some people say the offense won't be able to put up consistent scores whilst at the same time ignoring the possibility that the defense might be able to restrict opponent scores 3 games in to a 16 game schedule.

Right.

Last edited:
If this team sucks so bad why take the time to watch the game, come on the board and complain about it. Spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back