PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8-8 or 9-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if they have a good game monday in Miami and win 35-10 are we gonna have 10 threads stating 12-4, 13-3 ?? Some of you guys look to far ahead, enjoy this weeks game before you jump off the bridge :bricks:

Did you see Rex Ryan's Gut's thread after week 1 of the season??

The football message boards are full of premature you-know-what-ers.

Thanks for saving me the bother of watching the side develop and youngsters emerge. 3 games in and I've seen some things I wanted to see already.

1. Hernandez and Gronkowski look like legitimate franchise tight ends.
2. Ron Brace looking like a disruptive force.
3. Dan Connolly doing a very good job at LG.
4. Devin McCourty looking the best of our corners already.
5. Brady starting to regain his mojo.

This side will (at minimum) win 10 games like most of us predicted.

Last edited:
Well That's That... I better start liking NASCAR the season is over.

Hockey starts in a few weeks, also.

Since the season is over, I wonder if I can get DirecTV to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket so I don't have to pay for the rest of the year.

I think that 10-6 is our ceiling, we have the worst schedule in the league...

Yeah, I was thinking 10-6 until I actually just took a look at the schedule. Ignoring divisional games, I've bolded games where I predict the Pats will be underdogs or very slight (1-2 point) favorites. While not perfect, certainly it's a solid arbiter of their chances of winning these games. Pretty challenging.

I wasn't thinking this was an 8-8 or 9-7 team, but if they lose those bolded games that's what they are looking at. And that assumes beating Lions/Browns and the rest of their division games.

Monday @ Dolphins
Oct. 10 Bye Week
Oct. 17 Ravens
Oct. 24 @ Chargers
Oct. 31 Vikings
Nov. 7 @ Browns
Nov. 14 @ Steelers
Nov. 21 Colts
Nov. 25 @ Lions
Dec. 6 Jets
Dec. 12 @ Bears
Dec. 19 Packers
Dec. 26 @ Bills
Jan. 1 Dolphins

Last edited:
Hockey starts in a few weeks, also.

Since the season is over, I wonder if I can get DirecTV to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket so I don't have to pay for the rest of the year.

I would ask for half price back so they will just show you the home games,other than Cleveland and buffalo this team ain't winning any other road games 2-6 road record for the 2nd consecutive season is my guess

I'm thinking 12-4, no problem. :cool:

wow you are totally discounting good football teams that know how to win.

to the OP, I wish it was true but BB is programmed to get 10 wins minimum.

I don't think he means disrespect, more that no team in the league doesn't have problems right now. The Patriots defense has looked pretty bad, but those games against PIT, BAL, IND still have to be played.

From what I've seen, our offense has the firepower to hang 30 on any given Sunday, against any team not called the Steelers.
There will be a lot of close games. If the kiddies learn the Patriot way, cut the penalties and minimize the mistakes, and play to their potential soon, we could still go 12-4. The defense doesn't have to be great; with an offense like this all they need to do is hold the other team to 20 points a game.
Worst case scenario, these guys don't get it, we go 7-9 or something like that. I just wish there were more role models on this team.

"Bless the children, give them triumph now." - Aeschylus

7868c9eaa99d.gif

We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken...

Yeah, I was thinking 10-6 until I actually just took a look at the schedule. Ignoring divisional games, I've bolded games where I predict the Pats will be underdogs or very slight (1-2 point) favorites. While not perfect, certainly it's a solid arbiter of their chances of winning these games. Pretty challenging.

I wasn't thinking this was an 8-8 or 9-7 team, but if they lose those bolded games that's what they are looking at. And that assumes beating Lions/Browns and the rest of their division games.

Monday @ Dolphins
Oct. 10 Bye Week
Oct. 17 Ravens
Oct. 24 @ Chargers
Oct. 31 Vikings
Nov. 7 @ Browns
Nov. 14 @ Steelers
Nov. 21 Colts
Nov. 25 @ Lions
Dec. 6 Jets
Dec. 12 @ Bears
Dec. 19 Packers
Dec. 26 @ Bills
Jan. 1 Dolphins

The Vikings have looked mediocre so far and only looked good beating up an 0-3 Detriot who lost their stud rookie RB early in the game. Their offense seems off and rumors are Favre is already regretting coming back. The Chargers and Vikings are both 1-2 right now. The Chargers can't stop anyone on defense either. The Colts haven't beaten any good team yet. The Ravens' offense looks way overrated. It took playing Cleveland for them to score more than 10 points in a game.

Right now, the schedule looks far easier than it did four weeks ago. Four weeks from now it could look harder than it was before the season started. But from what we saw in the first three weeks, many of the teams on our schedule that we though were going to be tough games don't look nearly as tough. Baltimore, Minnesotta, and San Deigo were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders and none of them are playing like Super Bowl contenders right now.

wow you are totally discounting good football teams that know how to win.

to the OP, I wish it was true but BB is programmed to get 10 wins minimum.

I'm not discounting any team. I thought that the last sentence in my post clarified that. We have the same or a better record than all of them with the exception of Chicago (who should be 2-1, if not for catch that wasn't actually a catch) and Pitt.

My point is every team has major flaws and none of them have played dominant football consitantly for 3 weeks, none. Hell no one in the league has played consistant dominat football this season.

This is 2008 all over again. I said it prior to the start of the season, not one team stands out as a team that is head and shoulders above the rest. And nothing has happened through the first three weeks to change my mind. Although Pittsburgh may be that team depending on the play of Big Ben when he comes back.

Last edited:
We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken...

:confused:

:rofl::rofl:

Looking at our schedule, I feel we are going to finish 7-9. I fully expect us to lose 3 of our next 4. I think we'll lose to Miami next Monday. I don't see any way we beat Baltimore, and I hope to beat either San Diego or Minny but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to both. From there I expect us to lose to Pitt, Indy, Chicago, NYJ and Green Bay. I think we will beat Detroit, I expect to beat Cleveland and Buffalo and I hope we can beat Miami. However, I will not be shocked if we finish 6-10 with a loss to Miami at the end of the season. I think they may have more to play for than us.

Last edited:
Looking at our schedule, I feel we are going to finish 7-9. I fully expect us to lose 3 of our next 4. I think we'll lose to Miami next Monday. I don't see any way we beat Baltimore, and I hope to beat either San Diego or Minny but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to both. From there I expect us to lose to Pitt, Indy, Chicago, NYJ and Green Bay. I think we will beat Detroit, I expect to beat Cleveland and Buffalo and I hope we can beat Miami. However, I will not be shocked if we finish 6-10 with a loss to Miami at the end of the season. I think they may have more to play for than us.

Yeah, Baltimore and San Diego loook great :cool:

Are you Pessimistic Pete is disgiuse?

This is a 10-11 win team. The 7-9/8-8/9-7 people are too pessimistic, and the 12 plus win crowd (and I hope I'm wrong) is smoking some good stuff.

KONTRA! Awesome quote! For the life of me I cannot remember which movie...enlightenment? Something I watched recently. Man I can't remember..:rocker:

Edit: Not to get off topic, I will predict 11-5, playoffs baby!

Last edited:
Yeah, Baltimore and San Diego loook great :cool:

Are you Pessimistic Pete is disgiuse?

Buffalo moved the ball at will against us with a backup QB, no WRs or TE and decent RBs. They will finish as one of the 3 or 4 worst offenses in the league, and we could not stop them. We could not stop Mark Sanchez without his best WR and Cinci went up and down the field on us in the 2nd half. San Diego has the #1 rated offense in football right now. What do you think they will do to this D? Baltimore will also be able to move the ball against us and they have a quality D to slow us down. What have the Pats shown that makes you think we will beat either of those teams?

KONTRA! Awesome quote! For the life of me I cannot remember which movie...enlightenment? Something I watched recently. Man I can't remember..:rocker:

Edit: Not to get off topic, I will predict 11-5, playoffs baby!

1wf-gal-anchorman_40033.jpg

:cool:

Before the season began I thought the Pats would go 10-6. Four games the team should win (Bills, Bills, Lions, Browns) and twelve that could go either way. I haven't really seen anything yet to alter that prediction.

Though as a matter of disclosure, I felt at the end of week two in 2001 that the Pats - without Bledsoe, McGinest and Glenn at that point, if I recall correctly - would surely win no more than three games that season.

What do I know .... but me, I'm going to watch and try to enjoy the games before waiving a white flag on the 2010 season.

Buffalo moved the ball at will against us with a backup QB, no WRs or TE and decent RBs. They will finish as one of the 3 or 4 worst offenses in the league, and we could not stop them. We could not stop Mark Sanchez without his best WR and Cinci went up and down the field on us in the 2nd half. San Diego has the #1 rated offense in football right now. What do you think they will do to this D? Baltimore will also be able to move the ball against us and they have a quality D to slow us down. What have the Pats shown that makes you think we will beat either of those teams?

Lee Evans is a nobody? Stopped reading your post right there. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye