PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 picks in the top 100 & $20M in cap money [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cassel/Vrabel Trade Signals Pats Will Be Players in FA Market

I've been thinking about this some more. The freed up money must be a huge factor for Belichick. Otherwise, it makes zero sense how the Jets just traded a 2nd and 5th for Lito Sheppard, while we trade Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd. If we don't put that freed up money to good use then I'd have to say Floyd Reese has gone senile.

Just like with the Milloy or even Bledsoe situation, I'm a bit baffled right now and trying to understand the reasoning, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised and proven wrong by Belichick once again

well...the jets traded sheppard for 2nd and 5 because philly is as smart an org as ne and mike tannenbaem isnt as much and our case the pats were dealing with pioli who knew the true value of the ne players.

well...the jets traded sheppard for 2nd and 5 because philly is as smart an org as ne and mike tannenbaem isnt as much and our case the pats were dealing with pioli who knew the true value of the ne players.
you don't know if NY is going to give up a 2nd... we don't know conditions of that 2nd pick.

I think it will be nice to get some new blood on our roster, particularly on defense. Get a nice mix of new players through FA and the draft to go along with our experienced veterans who know how to get it done. It can only help, and I foresee the Pats going a long way in '09! :)

well the rush to deal cassel was probably because they werent sure what they would get later. yes the lions and bucs were interested but they want to send him to denver for cutler .maybe they wouldve budged in the draft or done some other dumb deal like the vikes did with rosenfels and the pats wouldve probably not got much .
it was a case of take the best deal on the table right now than take a chance later.

How ignorant does this make the Vikes in making that other qb trade? If they had given up a little more they could have gotten Cassel and been a definite contender. Are they a contender with Rosenfel?

I'm glad this deal gives us enough money to resign Wilfork, Hobbs and Faulk.

I'm not so sure about Wilfork being signable after the Washington fiasco. I'd like to see what he could draw on the open market. If not just for curiousity's sake. I'm pretty sure he could round us the 3rd pick in the draft.

How ignorant does this make the Vikes in making that other qb trade? If they had given up a little more they could have gotten Cassel and been a definite contender. Are they a contender with Rosenfel?

The Vikings are just not that lucky when it comes to QB's. I'm pretty sure if they would have known Cassel was available for the their 2nd and 4th rounder they probably would of jumped.

Who knows? Maybe NE called them wanting their first?

Re: 6 Picks in the top 100 & $20M in cap money

100% agree.

I'm also hoping that the Vrabel trade means that Crable's ready to make some significant progress. Fingers crossed.

I think this was all about Pierre Woods. He's had his Bruschi-esque learning period, and is ready to shine for the next 4 years.

The Vikings are just not that lucky when it comes to QB's.

With the Vikes it's not a matter of luck, it's a matter of intelligence, and there's not a lot to go around in that front office. ;)

I think this was all about Pierre Woods. He's had his Bruschi-esque learning period, and is ready to shine for the next 4 years.

Very possible, but don't be surprised if they try and drag you out in the street to stone you. To death.

HOBBS?? Hell no.. Show him the door.. HE blows.. ANd faulk.. He's at the end of his career.. His big payday is gone..

Very possible, but don't be surprised if they try and drag you out in the street to stone you. To death.

Help me understand this? I'm at a loss....

Woods has been TENDERED for one year.

I disagree with Curran's article.
There is a legit reason, and that reason is we will be playing in FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case