PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

40 min past the deadline and no news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must... .... get.. .. .. list.. soon ... can't.. wait.... much...... long... er.....

We know the Pats are going to be the last team to announce them, just the way it happens.

Didn't they do this last year too???

Perhaps this has already been discussed, but is it simply a matter of Reiss and others having it wrong and that the 4 PM deadline is 4 PM Pacific Time?

Perhaps this has already been discussed, but is it simply a matter of Reiss and others having it wrong and that the 4 PM deadline is 4 PM Pacific Time?

I was listening to Sirius NFL radio and they were Eastern time too all day. I can't see everyone getting it wrong. It could be they already submitted their cuts to the league, but haven't issued the press release.

Did we get extra time from the league or something?:confused:

Last edited:

We've established that it's 4pm, Beijing time. Please keep up.

;)

League times are always Easter time, never Pacific.

PFT just referred to the deadline as 6PM EST. I more and more think my guess above is right, that many people in the media simply were reporting the wrong time.

Last edited:
Maybe they forgot,it is a long weekend you know. :D

TEAMS DELAYING RELEASE OF CUT LISTS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE by Michael David Smith

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It's after 6 p.m. Eastern time, which means every NFL team has turned in its final 53-man roster to the league office.

But most teams have not made their rosters public. Why?

Titans coach Jeff Fisher gave an answer after Thursday night's final preseason game: Coaches think releasing the information publicly puts them at a competitive disadvantage as they finalize their practice squads and consider offering contracts to players who were cut by other teams.

"You certainly could lose a practice squad player," Fisher said of the risk of announcing early. "Our staff, as we speak, downstairs and upstairs right now, is going through clips and going through Web sites and going through what have you to see who has been cut to get an advantage by looking to see if this particular player could help us on our practice squad. So there’s certainly a competitive advantage to that."

There's also a disadvantage to fans, though, in withholding information from them. The league's fancy new web site ought to make this information available as soon as the league office has it.

thanks for posting. good find. good on ya.

Well, there's the reason. And it makes sense. Yuck.

Belichick does not want anyone to know who the cuts are so he is not going to tell anyone.

It's after 6 p.m. Eastern time, which means every NFL team has turned in its final 53-man roster to the league office.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher gave an answer after Thursday night's final preseason game: Coaches think releasing the information publicly puts them at a competitive disadvantage as they finalize their practice squads and consider offering contracts to players who were cut by other teams.

"You certainly could lose a practice squad player," Fisher said of the risk of announcing early. "Our staff, as we speak, downstairs and upstairs right now, is going through clips and going through Web sites and going through what have you to see who has been cut to get an advantage by looking to see if this particular player could help us on our practice squad. So there’s certainly a competitive advantage to that."

There's also a disadvantage to fans, though, in withholding information from them. The league's fancy new web site ought to make this information available as soon as the league office has it.

See, I disagree that the information should be posted immediately. I have no issue if they say that they won't announce anything until say, 6PM EST because that gives them 2 hours to call the different players in to let them know. And I think that they should let the players know before the fans.

I assume there are several players we are going to want to get to the PS who could be stolen like Guttierez, Childress, CJ Jones, and possibly Rogers.

This is kinda goofy, I'm going nuts here.

I did hear on Sirius earlier when they were talking to a Dallas sports guy, that the Dallas cuts were expected by 5 PM Central, so that would at least jive with a misreporting of the time and it actually being 6 PM EST. Still that was 40 minutes ago.

EDIT** - Just saw DD's link. That explains alot

Last edited:
Tomase has been out of commission the last few hours, but will be back up and blogging in a bit. Not sure if he has any news, but it'll be nice for one of the main blogs to give us a shout-out.

See, I disagree that the information should be posted immediately. I have no issue if they say that they won't announce anything until say, 6PM EST because that gives them 2 hours to call the different players in to let them know. And I think that they should let the players know before the fans.

totally agree.

That is a great point Da Bruinz we are all being selfish wanting the answers but think about the guys on the team that gave it their all but got caught up in a numbers game on a very stacked team!
Guess we should all be more patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes