PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#33 wants to remain a NEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Maroney gets shipped off. I still think he can be a good player, but not as a behind-center running back for this team. He's a Reggie Bush -- get him the ball in space and let him run. He has been used completely incorrectly since he got here. He should be learning to become a reliable pass catcher.

Maroney isn't going anywhere.

Last year of a Rookie Contract.

You are getting a year for nothing in all honesty.

Let's see what he can do, one more time.

Let's be honest here. It is not a matter of seeing what Maroney can do. It is a matter of using a player who contributing a lot this year, and at a very low price.

Maroney would be well worth keeping, if he were our #4 RB. After all, he's being paid as our #4 RB. He is worth more, not less.

Maroney isn't going anywhere.

Last year of a Rookie Contract.

You are getting a year for nothing in all honesty.

Let's see what he can do, one more time.

Last edited:
I hope Maroney gets shipped off. I still think he can be a good player, but not as a behind-center running back for this team. He's a Reggie Bush -- get him the ball in space and let him run. He has been used completely incorrectly since he got here. He should be learning to become a reliable pass catcher.

Or, instead of shipping him off and thereby weakening us at yet another position, we could, I don't know, attempt to use him in the matter you just described!

Re: # 33 wants to remain a NEP

Good.

We need leaders on this team and he's one of the visible ones you see during games encouraging his teammates.

He should retire as a Patriot.

Good news on Faulk.

This is what I want for next year:

Depth Chart

1.Maroney
2. rookie bruiser back (Gerhart, Blount, etc.)
3. Faulk
4. BJGE

I say get rid of Taylor and Morris.

I love Faulk...as close to a sure thing for the past decade. He finds holes, great hands, knows where the first down markers are...etc...add in the intangibles of leadership.The guy has been great. The problem is his speed, which my eyes tell me is declining. His body has thickened up...no longer has the quick feet or agility.
So signing this guy to a 2-3 contract is solid roster move, but the team doesn't get more athletic, and over the course of the contract ...less. He no longer can take the swing pass and turn the corner. I just keep thinking about the moves Reggie Bush has made this year...moves that a Faulk will never be able to reproduce. Besides the leaps and jumps, Bush can turn the corner...a threat that keeps DEs/OLBs honest on third down.
I would like to keep Faulk as the 3rd back, but not necessarily the 3rd down starter...more of a Jack of all Trades insurance guy. A guy I would like to watch....Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss...RB/WR/KR. He's small, but versatile and explosive.

Did you guys see Mr Faulk trying to light a fire under the team's ass on the sidelines last Sunday?

That's a guy that always has a place on my team, he is our new Troy Brown.

:) our "new" Troy Brown. Faulk has had this role for over 10 years.

Did you guys see Mr Faulk trying to light a fire under the team's ass on the sidelines last Sunday?

That's a guy that always has a place on my team, he is our new Troy Brown.

:) our "new" Troy Brown. Faulk has had this role for over 10 years.

He couldn't be Troy Brown when Troy Brown was here, now could he?

he was the only one who showed up Sunday.

Faulk shows no signs of slowing down. Get an extension done for 2-3 years. The Pats offense is too complex for a rookie to pick it up quickly especially on the pass routes and rookies usually have growing pains problems with blitz pickup. Something that Faulk is accustomed to doing over the years.

Last edited:
slater, butler and edelman also showed up big on Sunday.

I'll give you Edelman. Best fight for a 1st I've ever seen, fighting through an apparent injury.

Slater? Made a tackle/ decent kick return/ Holding penalty
Butler? Nice return.

Faulk & Edelman made an impact

Last edited:
Faulk shows no signs of slowing down. Get an extension done for 2-3 years. The Pats offense is too complex for a rookie to pick it up quickly especially on the pass routes and rookies usually have growing pains problems with blitz pickup. Something that Faulk is accustomed to doing over the years.

Gotta have Faulk back. Front-load the deal so when he finally konks out it'll be a tolerable cap hit.

Faulk is part of the solution- not part of the problem.

I love watching Pats game footage from like 8 years ago and how Faulk looks EXACTLY the same. Same elbow pads and everything

Any bonus will instead be made part of the first year salary; the first year salary will be twice the second year. The third year will be 30% higher than the second year. None of the first year amounts will therefore carry forward.

CONTRACT ECONOMICS IN A NO-CAP YEAR page 53

Gotta have Faulk back. Front-load the deal so when he finally konks out it'll be a tolerable cap hit.

Faulk is part of the solution- not part of the problem.

Last edited:

I think that's the key.

Troy and others visually slowed, even Randy, as they've gotten older with us.

If anything Kev looks faster. You watch him cutting and going in and out of his breaks. He is still very fast.

I'd keep him around anyway, this team has lost far too much leadership in the last year, losing him might be the straw that breaks the Camel's back.

Last edited:
I'll give you Edelman. Best fight for a 1st I've ever seen, fighting through an apparent injury.

Does it piss anyone else off that that play didn't even count because it was called back. That was an amazing effort. I love this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News