PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have 21 days from Nov 30, which would give them till Wed. Not sure where the Friday deadline came from.

Rumors he would be activated, nothing else.

Devin Hester has fumbled 5 times on 44 returns attempts. (25 PR + 19 KR). 11%

Cyrus Jones has fumbled 5 times on 18 return attempts. (10 PR + 8 KR) 28%

Just some food for thought. The average fumble rate for those who return both KR and PR looks to be about 5%.

I submit that the question is not really the league average. We have to chose among the choice available to us. Is it Whelan? Is it Hester? Is it Edelman calling for fair catches? Certainly, it isn't Jones.

I submit that the question is not really the league average. We have to chose among the choice available to us. Is it Whelan? Is it Hester? Is it Edelman calling for fair catches? Certainly, it isn't Jones.
Except many have been singing that refrain for a couple of weeks already. This time for sure Bullwinkle?

Except many have been singing that refrain for a couple of weeks already. This time for sure Bullwinkle?

No one knows.

It just seems that we should be able to have an OK punter for the playoffs. IMHO, that position is worth a roster spot going into the playoffs.

Looks like Kilgo will stay around. Other four with good chance for future contract as well.

No one knows.

It just seems that we should be able to have an OK punter for the playoffs. IMHO, that position is worth a roster spot going into the playoffs.

Devin Hester is an option. He has only fumbled once on KR and has a top ten yards per return average among returners with 20+ touches.

PR may be a White/Edelman option.

C. Jones is just too risky. Maybe next year.

That's my novice opinion.

The Patriots now have an opening on their Practice Squad:
LB Trevor Reilly signed by Miami

It's Edelman but the idea of him
calling fair catches is not the plan.

Speaking of roster adjustments, are Tre Jackson and Jonathan Freeney done for the year or can one of them come off IR??

Speaking of roster adjustments, are Tre Jackson and Jonathan Freeney done for the year or can one of them come off IR??

They are both done. The Pats used their "Return from IR" designation on Jacoby Brissett.

They are both done. The Pats used their "Return from IR" designation on Jacoby Brissett.

Jackson isn't on IR but I think he ran out of time to be activated from PUP.

Jackson isn't on IR but I think he ran out of time to be activated from PUP.

Actually, Jackson is on the IR. When you fail to activate a player from the Reserve/PUP, they revert to IR.

They have until tomorrow to activate Brissett, which would cost someone their roster spot. Guess could be Richards to IR because they would not lose a player, but you never know with BB.

They have until tomorrow to activate Brissett, which would cost someone their roster spot. Guess could be Richards to IR because they would not lose a player, but you never know with BB.

If it's not Richards to IR, another guess I'll throw out there is DJ Foster. They've cut him before, and he went out of his way to stay with the Pats (apparently he told his agent to request other teams to not claim him, and he signed to the PS at the minimum 53-man roster salary), and he's still redundant at this point with Lewis and White.

Projected 2014 3 rder from Alabama with injury issues and big 3-4 DE frame.. HOU 177th pick.

If you cant beat them join them I guess .. 5th 2016 Patriot on current Broncos roster. 3rd TE!
Virgil Green and A.J. Derby both in the concussion protocol. They do have 2 TEs on PS already ..
Interesting: There are more 2016 Patriot TEs on Broncos than Patriots roster now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore