PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could have just released Scruggs. He's probably gonna get cut without contributing much at some point in the next few weeks anyway.

There is some kind of angle BB has with Scruggs and its not just a blocking TE. Havent figured it out yet.

There is some kind of angle BB has with Scruggs and its not just a blocking TE. Havent figured it out yet.

I am slightly intrigued myself. And he better have: the kid costed “us“ Harbor, Hughes (i know..), Cooper, partly A Johnson and its only a week .. :(

I am slightly intrigued myself. And he better have: the kid costed “us“ Harbor, Hughes (i know..), Cooper, partly A Johnson and its only a week .. :(

Seriously. Total roster domino effect. Crazy

I hope Scruggs turns out to be a significant player, because it looks like the Pats lost two players in Hughes and Cooper, who they were apparently hoping to keep, in order to keep Scruggs.

I hope Scruggs turns out to be a significant player, because it looks like the Pats lost two players in Hughes and Cooper, who they were apparently hoping to keep, in order to keep Scruggs.
Nonsense.

Keeping Scruggs cost us one player, not two.

And they let Cooper walk? Don't get it. Did they think they'd get Cooper through to the PS? Was he even eligible?

They gambled....and lost but not sure BB thinks it an actual loss.

And they let Cooper walk? Don't get it. Did they think they'd get Cooper through to the PS? Was he even eligible?

Cooper was not eligible for the PS. According to the rumors, the Pats wanted to re-sign Cooper to a long term deal if he wasn't claimed off waivers.

People mention Scruggs, but BB clearly sees something in him that he felt that Scruggs would get claimed off waivers. Same with any other player that was an option. They needed a roster space and they felt that Cooper would be the least likely to be claimed. Unfortunately, the Browns are desperate for NFL quality O-line as they are on their 3rd Center having had to move Greco from his starting guard position.. Cooper had worked out at Center with the Cardinals. Expect to see Cooper in their starting line-up soon.

Obviously, Belichick sees something in Scruggs, perhaps as a Dl, his normal position.

With regard to the OG position, it would seem that Belichick likes Karras as our backup guard. Perhaps Jackson is healthy. If Belichick valued Cooper, he'd still be with the team. A roster spot for a week is not that big a deal if Scar really saw him as valuable.

We'll need more roster spot when the PUP players become eligible (or not).

Shaq Evans - Former 4th round pick of the Jets in 2014

6'1 2/8" - 213 lbs - UCLA (transfer from Notre Dame)

Hand held timers have him at 4.4-40

Bench - 13
Vertical - 34 1/2
Broad - 10'02
20 yard - 4.21
3-Cone - 7.07

Pros: Stays low in his breaks and works hard to hide his route path with patience and lean. Nice job getting proper depth before quickly putting on the brakes. Controlled off the line of scrimmage and understands how to beat press coverage with quickness and strength. Not afraid to get physical in his routes. Extends well to pluck and will corral off-target throws.

Some wiggle to elude in the open field. Alert and smart, working hard to get open for his quarterback. Strong make-up and worth ethic, working hard to hone his craft. Good effort as a downfield blocker.

Cons: Dropsies. Timed speed doesn't necessarily equate to game speed. Doesn't use his body consistently to fight for balls. Mental Strength might be an issue..

Obviously, Belichick sees something in Scruggs, perhaps as a Dl, his normal position.

With regard to the OG position, it would seem that Belichick likes Karras as our backup guard. Perhaps Jackson is healthy. If Belichick valued Cooper, he'd still be with the team. A roster spot for a week is not that big a deal if Scar really saw him as valuable.

We'll need more roster spot when the PUP players become eligible (or not).
Check out Scar, when he (and the rest of us) were a lot younger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes