PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit of a head scratcher as he played pretty well yesterday, I thought.

This is a bit of a head scratcher as he played pretty well yesterday, I thought.

I'll bet he'll be back on the PS before you can count to 2. Also think this means Valentine or President Hamilton will return this week.

I'll bet he'll be back on the PS before you can count to 2. Also think this means Valentine or President Hamilton will return this week.

Most likely right.. But, like I said, I thought he played well enough to stick around.. Personally, I value him over Grissom, who I feel is a waste on STs..

Pats released Vinnie Sunseri from the PS.

Unless they are activating Dion Lewis or Tre Jackson..
Right but those guys can practice for 3 weeks without being activated, right? Could be they are just finished with him.

I wasn't impressed by Johnson to be honest. Barely a factor in the passing game and not particularly useful in the run game.

Right but those guys can practice for 3 weeks without being activated, right? Could be they are just finished with him.

As Capt. Stone just pointed out, Johnson was involved in the scuffle right before the Brady kneel down. Could be that BB decided to send a message..

I wasn't impressed by Johnson to be honest. Barely a factor in the passing game and not particularly useful in the run game.

Umm. Are you saying that with the understanding that the game plan was to, essentially, use just 3-4 players to try and put pressure on the QB the entire game and let Jones try and beat the Pats throwing into coverage with 7-8 men back?

Yeah, I posted in another thread that I think this is a sign that Valentine and Hamilton *won't* return this week. Buffalo will be a run-first team with or without McCoy. The Pats won't ask Brown and Branch to play every snap. And there are no DTs on the PS right now, so they will need to sign a street free agent. Meaning they will need that guy to be here Wednesday and have to make room now, instead of waiting until Saturday to make a move like this when it involves a PS promotion.

Edit: On top of that, this game plan will be yet another of Belichick's "contain the QB" rather than "get the passer". So what Johnson brings wouldn't be as impactful anyway.

2015 4th round pick... 6'4" 310 Guard from ASU. 1st Team Pac 12 in 2014. 16 Games w/6 starts for Dolphins in 2015. Insurance for Tre Jackson?
I like this signing; I would have very, very seriously considered claiming Douglas (and my first choice,
OT Willie Beavers) during final cut-downs.

If Anthony Johnson is re-signed to the PS, I would dump Chris Barker, who has been given more than enough opportunity to show what he can do (or, more accurately, what he cannot do).

P.S.: I still don't understand why Bill continues to allow our DT group to remain so thin.

Knighton return forthcoming? Possibly?

Maybe, but if he can't two-gap, how useful is he? Are they going to change the scheme just for him?

I like this signing; I would have very, very seriously considered claiming Douglas (and my first choice,
OT Willie Beavers) during final cut-downs.

If Anthony Johnson is re-signed to the PS, I would dump Chris Barker, who has been given more than enough opportunity to show what he can do (or, more accurately, what he cannot do).

P.S.: I still don't understand why Bill continues to allow our DT group to remain so thin.

They have Valentine and Hamilton. Just were shy yesterday. BB would rather suck it up for a game and not cut players when they are 72 hrs away from re-joining practice.

I'd like to see it happen but BB seemed pretty definitive that he wasn't a fit.

Puzzle pieces into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back