PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that tells us two things, the Pats like AJ Derby and they want to keep Brissett on the 53 man roster.

I think they like both players but I'm not sure Harbor's exit means that both of them stick on the 53 all year long as they could be IR'd so another player can be picked up.

Nice. Makes sense with Gronk hopefully gaining strength.

Clay Harbor is one of the two roster spot victims. Scruggs still around for now.

I think that tells us two things, the Pats like AJ Derby and they want to keep Brissett on the 53 man roster.

There will be more than 2 roster spot victims this week - depending on Bolden and especially Valentine's status .. maybe also some four game evaluation..

we will need to add at least one DT f.e.

There will be more than 2 roster spot victims this week - depending on Bolden and especially Valentine's status .. maybe also some four game evaluation..

we will need to add at least one DT f.e.

Well if Valentine is out for a while it won't be Hughes replacing him since Tampa signed him with Gerald McCoy getting hurt.

The Pats really had no choice though, they had to cut Hughes to sign Scruggs, we almost missed out on Scruggs, and that would be bad.

:rolleyes:

Well if Valentine is out for a while it won't be Hughes replacing him since Tampa signed him with Gerald McCoy getting hurt.

The Pats really had no choice though, they had to cut Hughes to sign Scruggs, we almost missed out on Scruggs, and that would be bad.

So are you saying you don't want no Scruggs, a Scruggs is a guy that can't get no love from you?

Scruggs is the mystery man who was inactive but cost us Hughes and somehow survived the TE trimming of Harbor (with his guaranteed $). I suspect he has a tryout until Friday.

Updated.

Patriots Signed Chris Farris - OL - Ohio State and Released Guase.

Farris - 6'4 2/8" - 295 lbs - Arms - 32
40- 5.26
20- 3.03
10-1.85

Bench - 22 reps
Vertical - 26.5"
Broadjump - 8'06"
Shuttle: 4.88
3-Cone: 7.88

Played RT for the Buckeyes, starting 1 season. Played RG at the East-West Shrine Game.

Not sure I understand bringing in an INTERIOR guy when they have Mason, Cooper, Jackson, Thuney, Karras and Barker already.

Patriots Signed Chris Farris - OL - Ohio State and Released Guase.

Farris - 6'4 2/8" - 295 lbs - Arms - 32
40- 5.26
20- 3.03
10-1.85

Bench - 22 reps
Vertical - 26.5"
Broadjump - 8'06"
Shuttle: 4.88
3-Cone: 7.88

Played RT for the Buckeyes, starting 1 season. Played RG at the East-West Shrine Game.

Not sure I understand bringing in an INTERIOR guy when they have Mason, Cooper, Jackson, Thuney, Karras and Barker already.

Nothing to see he just a little de-gausing evolution....

Nice knowing you Cooper..

El Presidente (Woodrow Hamilton) Activated from the PS:

Cooper won't be back, though rumors had it that the Pats did want him back:

Cooper's release was a calculated risk in managing the shadow roster. Someone had to go. Other options were deemed more likely to be snapped up. Cooper wasn't immediately needed. They probably hoped his contract would make him unattractive enough that he might still be around to bring him back later. Oh well. Didn't work out.

Or we could have just released Scruggs. He's probably gonna get cut without contributing much at some point in the next few weeks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes