PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft Prospect Thread

Wow. So sorry to hear that. Thomas and Joel Bitonio were my favorite interior OL prospects. Thomas was probably going top 50, maybe top 40.

It will be interesting to see how far this slides him.

I'd be very interested anytime on day 3. He's a legitimate future Mankins replacement. Bring him in and redshirt him for a year. A 3rd day pick this year could save a first or second day pick in the future.

I'd be very interested anytime on day 3. He's a legitimate future Mankins replacement. Bring him in and redshirt him for a year. A 3rd day pick this year could save a first or second day pick in the future.

My thought exactly.

You're absolutely correct IMO that pass rush is a huge need but we could improve our pass rush by simply drafting a DE to take snaps from jones/Nink on 1st and 2nd down. We don't have to necessarily draft a great pass rusher. Shot, Armstead could already be that player.

He missed his senior season in college, played 1 year in the CFL, then missed an entire season with the Pats.

How reliable is he? He hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
And as for the other two quarterbacks there with Manziel -- Blake Bortles scored a 28 and Teddy Bridgewater scored a 20.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 4m
Manziel's Wonderlic score of 32 wasn't the highest of any QB at this year's combine, however. Cornell QB Jeff Matthews scored a 40.

I'm surprised by Bridgewater's low score (for quarterback standards). Not surprised by Manziel's high score and obviously the Cornell kid would score the highest.

For reference, Brady scored a 33, Aaron Rodgers a 35, and Peyton Manning a 28. The average QB score is 24.

Does this raise any concerns with Bridgewater or no?

I'm surprised by Bridgewater's low score (for quarterback standards). Not surprised by Manziel's high score and obviously the Cornell kid would score the highest.

For reference, Brady scored a 33, Aaron Rodgers a 35, and Peyton Manning a 28. The average QB score is 24.

Does this raise any concerns with Bridgewater or no?

I don't think so. Like most of the other quantifiable data gathered during the draft process it is largely flawed.

This is what Louis Riddick had to say about the wonderlic

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN
The Wonderlic as a measure of functional football intelligence has been considered irrelevant 4 so long that I am surprised it's discussed

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN
Much more accurate ways to test comprehension, retention, and problem solving as it relates to football.

The much more important thing for Bridgewater is how does he do on the board and under pressure during the team meetings.

Just sayin':

MIKE NIETO: QB or not QB? Lynch just wants to play

Mount Carmel grad and Northern Illinois football star Jordan Lynch is not asking the question of "to be or not to be?" about will he try and play quarterback in the NFL.

The answer is yes, he wants to play quarterback and has a tryout with the Bears April 18 in Lake Forest. He said the tryout is for quarterback.

"I want to play quarterback first," Lynch said. "I also am willing to play or try any position to make a team and to help whatever team I am playing for. Special teams, running back, defensive back."

I don't think so. Like most of the other quantifiable data gathered during the draft process it is largely flawed.

This is what Louis Riddick had to say about the wonderlic:

I wonder then what Louis Riddick would score on the Wonderlic.

I really want to like him, but I just can't.

I like him more as a MLB but would like to see him 10lbs. I do like his ability to turn and run in coverage.

I wonder if this newly discovered Savage love is the same as the Bortles love we saw a while ago. In other words, people are thinking that he's going to be the Texans pick.

He could very easy be a Texans pick - With the second pick in the first round ;)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back