PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft Prospect Thread

Been looking forwards to the LSU - Bama game all day long.

Could Mettenberger be *the one*?

Beautiful throw by Mettenberger as LSU drive to the goal-line - and then turn it over. Terrific play by Tana Patrick to rip it out of Copeland's grasp.

Oh, and #26 Landon Collins, hello.............

I like Manziel/Garoppolo in round 2 and McCarron/Mettenberger in round 3.

Johnny Football is a litte to fragile and careless with the ball to make your QB of the future IMO. Don't let Mettenberger fool you, He's throwing to 2 very good receivers (Beckham would be a great Patriot IMO. Solves the KR problem as well). Noorwood reminds me of Anquan Boldin, TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake are both NFL quality RB's and CJ Mosely is fantastic. AJ McCarron proved once again why I believe he would be the best QB for the Patriots. Smart, proven winner, just mobile enough to pick up a few if nothings there and he doesn't force the ball when it doesn't have to be. The only thing I need to do is see him throw sideline to sideline because Bama doesn't really ask him to throw a lot of tight window out patterns.

Quality WR's or not, Mettenberger is a blue chip prospect. He passes the eye test.

Want one of the follwoing in the 2014 NFL Draft:
Murray (2-5)>McCarron (2-4)>Mettenberger(2-5), where will they go in your opinions? I also don't see Hundley entering. Perhaps I see the QBs like this if he enters:
1. Bridgewater- JAX
1. Mariotta- Tampa
1. Manziel- Philly
1. Boyd- Cleveland
2. Carr- Minnesota
3. Mettenberger- Houston
3. Morris- Cardinals
3. McCarron- Titans
4. Murray- Pats
6. Fales- GB

Murray (2-5)>McCarron (2-4)>Mettenberger(2-5), where will they go in your opinions? I also don't see Hundley entering. Perhaps I see the QBs like this if he enters:
1. Bridgewater- JAX
1. Mariotta- Tampa
1. Manziel- Philly
1. Boyd- Cleveland
2. Carr- Minnesota
3. Mettenberger- Houston
3. Morris- Cardinals
3. McCarron- Titans
4. Murray- Pats
6. Fales- GB

Even though the Cardinals are 4-4, they desperately need a QB. Palmer will be 34 and has more INTs than TDs. I have them either trading up or staying pat in round 1 and taking a QB.

This is why we may need to draft our guy in round 2. There could be 6 QBs taken in round 1! Don't forget if Keenum flames out, that would put Houston in the round 1 QB chase, rather than round 3.

If BB really likes a QB IMO he should take him wherever our 2nd round pick ends up. (Pick 58-64)

1. Bridgewater- JAX
1. Mariotta- Tampa
1. Manziel- Philly
1. Boyd- Cleveland
2. Carr- Minnesota
3. Mettenberger- Houston
3. Morris- Cardinals
3. McCarron- Titans
4. Murray- Pats
6. Fales- GB

Not a bad list but I suspect neither Mariota or Hundley declare (the last RS Soph QB to declare was Michael Vick). But given your list, I'd go:

1. Bridgewater - top 10
2. Mariota - top 10
3. Manziel - 1st
4. Carr - 1st
5. Mettenberger - 1-2
6. Boyd/Hundley - 2nd
7. Morris - 2-3
8. Murray - 3
9. McCarron - 4-5
10. Logan Thomas - 4-5

But, usual disclaimer in that I've not studied them all closely yet.

I love Mccaron and Mettenberg, but another Qb I like a lot is Kevin Hogan from Stanford.

1. Bridgewater- JAX
1. Mariotta- Tampa
1. Manziel- Philly
1. Boyd- Cleveland
2. Carr- Minnesota
3. Mettenberger- Houston
3. Morris- Cardinals
3. McCarron- Titans
4. Murray- Pats
6. Fales- GB

If the pats go QB, I like McCarron for us.

I love Mccaron and Mettenberg, but another Qb I like a lot is Kevin Hogan from Stanford.
Hogan will enter next year and personally I like him in college but he has awful mechanics IMO, but to each his own. I really admire what he did last year and of course this year

Even though the Cardinals are 4-4, they desperately need a QB. Palmer will be 34 and has more INTs than TDs. I have them either trading up or staying pat in round 1 and taking a QB.

Rumors today have Big Ben heading to Arizona if he is indeed asking to be traded. He was supposedly shopped last year. I think it will all depend if Tomlin gets the axe or not.

Rumors today have Big Ben heading to Arizona if he is indeed asking to be traded. He was supposedly shopped last year. I think it will all depend if Tomlin gets the axe or not.

I doubt the Steelers will move Ben before the 2014-1015 off-season because they can not afford the cap acceleration plus replacement costs. An unhappy Ben is cap cheaper in 2014 than a replacement that is not an UDFA off the street.

atleast its good to see you still are out there :)

Guarantee y'all that Ben retires and remains in a Steelers jersey, he'll never league, they'll just draft him more weapons and a better defense

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back