PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft Prospect Thread

Given your early call on Mt. Solder, is there anyone you like for the Pats this year? :)

Vollmer too ;)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-west-shrine-practice-report.html#post1250219

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...fl-draft-sleeper-picks-page2.html#post1287908

Ahem, anyway, erm.....apart from Jason Verrett and the aforementioned Sutton, my focus this year (early on anyway) has again been the OT class. I don't know why but I'm always drawn to the hogs.

I am in love with Taylor Lewan and Jake Mathews, but we're not taking either of those. Later on I like the Lucas kid at K-State as well as Morgan Moses out of Virginia (who is maybe a little shorter and heavier in the pants than we like). A nice sleeper could be Malcolm Bunche from Miami who could be a Cannon type.

In the new CBS rankings, Manziel went from 42nd to 26th (about time) and Mettenberger went from 158 to 42. :eek: So much for that...

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa comes out of the Belichick coaching tree with prototypical size and is more than adequate receiving.

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa comes out of the Belichick coaching tree with prototypical size and is more than adequate receiving.

FWIW, BB's never actually drafted an Iowa player, but I suppose he could do a lot worse than Fiedorowicz.

FWIW, BB's never actually drafted an Iowa player, but I suppose he could do a lot worse than Fiedorowicz.

Signed more than a few as UDFA though

Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui and Fiedorowicz. Do the Pats charge by the letter when selling named shirts?

I like Fiedorowicz a lot although I wish he was a little more explosive. But great hands.

In the new CBS rankings, Manziel went from 42nd to 26th (about time) and Mettenberger went from 158 to 42. :eek: So much for that...

Which is a first round grade for both, virtually.

I'm not a Manziel fan, but the kid can play. He's Russell Wilson but better.

Mettenberger has my Spidey-senses tingling.

It's easy to forget, but the immortal Mike Elgin was picked in 2007 in Round 7 out of Iowa.

:singing:

Been doing some homework recently and although it's a trend well known to us, it really is staggering how many times BB has taken two players (or more sometimes) from the same College.

I've been looking for a link with Saban but there's no real trend. We took four players from LSU when he was there, but only two so far from Alabama in his time there (which is noticeable seeing as they've been the most dominant school in the country this past 5 years).

There's much more of a connection with Urban Meyer.

We have taken quite a few players from Colorado though. And Notre Dame.

What do you guys think of Arizona running back Ka'deem Carey? I think I like him more than Ridley and Bolden.

Watching Brent Urban again. Impressed again.

What do you guys think of Arizona running back Ka'deem Carey? I think I like him more than Ridley and Bolden.

I don't particularly like him. Not a tackle breaker or a powerful runner, won't make people miss with agility, doesn't have noteworthy acceleration, gets caught from behind. As it is, I would think he's a fringe draftable prospect.

Not that there's nothing to like about Ka'Deem Carey. He does have nice vision between the tackles. I just think he's maxed out and I wouldn't draft a guy like that at RB... need to see upside, with so many serviceable 3-yards-and-a-cloud types on the streets.

Something is up with colt lyerla this year. This was the second game this year he was not playing due to a Coaches decision. And when he has played he is dropping balls all over the place.

Something is going on behind the scenes.

Odell Beckham is a stud. Kid made some great catches in traffic today.

Carlos Hyde. Sweet baby jesus did the kids have a game against northwestern. Man among boys all second half. Just a bruiser. Showed decent hands and was lead blocking for the qb at times.

That said, they are going to run the kid into the dirt this year. Can't say I blame them if nobody can stop him.

Then ty montgomery in the stanford game. Tall, big bodied wr that showed some serious jets on a 99 yd ko return. Seems to have decent route running. Haven't noticed a drop yet...think he's a junior though, so I'd assume he finishes up for a stanford degree, but who knows, he is an athlete...

Skill positions are fun, but I want some snot blowers in the first three rounds, maybe the obligatory reach db mixed in...

It's easy to forget, but the immortal Mike Elgin was picked in 2007 in Round 7 out of Iowa.

:singing:

Other than Meriweather, the 2007 draft doesn't technically count. ;)

Something is up with colt lyerla this year. This was the second game this year he was not playing due to a Coaches decision. And when he has played he is dropping balls all over the place.

Something is going on behind the scenes.

img22783782.jpg

If I had to pick a TE next year, it would be Lynch out of Georgia.

If I had to pick a TE next year, it would be Lynch out of Georgia.
Completely agree, excellent blocker, great hands, #1 SEC TE, Massachusetts native, and just to sweeten the deal, he's a die-hard Pats fan, would also like too see Pats draft either Murray, McCarron, Mattenberger, or sign Shaw post draft

He's a late first, early-mid second, really good RB but Pats won't get him, rather them take DAT from Oregon in the second or a guy like Hall from Ohio State later on

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back