PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 NFL schedule rumored to be announced Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 2 foxboro home games at 1.pm- is pretty weak... the opening schedule is brutal, the last 4 games are so far easy... but pretty crappy to have late starting times at home.. great for tv viewers crappy for the fans..

Only one MNF game and the oddball Saturday game on Christmas Eve vs. the Doofins (NFL present to NE). Not much to complain about. 2 back to back road games but @ Bills, Raiders early shouldn't be an issue unless hell freezes over and @ Washington, Denver late may not be either since none of those 4 may have a starting franchise caliber QB on the roster once the lockout is over...and 2 have new coaching staffs...

Just saw the schedual 12 late or prime time games. Wow, i like the 1pm time slot, but i guess i'll get pretty use to 4:15

Last edited:
Not only are there just four 1:00 games, but the second one is not until week 14. Revenue from citations handed out for public drunkenness may be enough to keep the Town of Foxboro in the black for quite some time.

For season ticket holders the lack of early games may be a disappointment, but it's good news for out of town fans without a Slingbox or the Sunday Ticket. All the late afternoon games start at 4:15 rather than 4:05, which means that network has the doubleheader that week, broadcasting both an early and a late game. That in turn means there is an increased likelihood those eight 4:15 games will be broadcast in out of town markets. Add the four night games and out of town Pats fans could be getting ten to twelve games at home even without a subscription to the Sunday Ticket.

Last edited:
Just saw the schedual 12 late or prime time games. Wow, i like the 1pm time slot, but i guess i'll get pretty use to 4:15

Having the Red Zone channel on for the 1:00 games makes the wait for a 4:15 start go by much more quickly.

The Pats should be able to go 4-0 to close the season.

Patriots at Redskins: Skins are a bad team that will probably be starting a rookie qb at this point.

Patriots at Broncos: The Pats have had trouble at Mile High in the past but they are a very bad football team. They will be starting Tebow or a rookie at this point.

Dolphins at Patriots: Home game against the mediocre doofins/may be starting a rookie qb.

Bills at Patriots: Home game against the terrible Bills/probably will be starting a rookie qb.

The Pats should be able to go 4-0 to close the season.

Patriots at Redskins: Skins are a bad team that will probably be starting a rookie qb at this point.

Patriots at Broncos: The Pats have had trouble at Mile High in the past but they are a very bad football team. They will be starting Tebow or a rookie at this point.

Dolphins at Patriots: Home game against the mediocre doofins/may be starting a rookie qb.

Bills at Patriots: Home game against the terrible Bills/probably will be starting a rookie qb.

Yah, this will be perceived as the NFL giving us 4 extra Bye weeks at season's end to rest our players :rolleyes:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Every time the schedule comes out, I like to look for one particular quirk., which teams have to play a lot of other teams coming off their bye week.
If I were a Browns fan, I would be miffed as they play three teams coming off bye weeks (Balt, Seat and SF).
To be fair Clev and Balt have the same bye week so it's a wash.
Several other teams
Miami
(Den,NYG),
NYJ
( Mia, sd),
Pitt
( Ari,NE),
Indy (Atl,Jax), and
Philly
(Wash, Cinn) all face two teams coming off a bye week.
NE, Buff,Jax, Tenn, Hou, Oak, KC, Den, SD, NYG, Dal,Wash,NO, Car, Det, Chi, and Seattle all face one team comnig off a bye week.
In contrast, Cinn, TB, Atl, Minn, Stl, Ariz, SF all face no teams coming off a bye week.

Teams coming off a bye week have to face an AFC team 21/32 times which seems high considering that only 1/4 of the NFC teams games are interconference.

TEAM Team coming off bye week
NE ...... Dallas
Buff ......... NYJ,
Miami (2) ........ Den NYG
NYJ (2) ......... Mia, SD

Balt ........ Clev* (mutual bye)
Pitt (2) ...... Ariz NE
Clev (3) ......... Seat, SF, Balt* (mutual bye)
Cinn

Indy (2) ....... Atl Jax
Jax ....... Hou
Tenn ......... Car
Houston ........ Tenn

Oak ........ KC
KC ........ Pitt
Den ....... Oak
SD ........ GB

Nyg ......... NO
Phil (2) ......... Was Chi
Dallas ...... Philly
Wash ...... Buff

TB
NO ...... TB
Car ........ Indy
Atl

GB ....... Minn
Minn
Det ........ STL
Chi ........ Det

STL
Ariz
SF
Seattle ......... Cinn
---------------------------------------------------
Is it me or does it seem that it is skewed against AFC teams facing teams coming off a bye week???[/FONT]

Last edited:
I heard on ESPN last 4 times Pats started out on the road they went to the Superbowl all 4 times. You know what that means! :D

Not that Bob Kraft cares, but I fly in a couple times a year, pick up a hotel in providence, and then fly out on Sunday night and return home in time for a good night's sleep and work on Monday morning.

I'll try to make the first 1 pm game that's NOT during the holidays (another time I won't be flying in next season) but I know I have a few conferences in September.

It looks like I will be completely shut out from attending games at Gillette this year!!!

Fantastic.

12 games 4:15 or later
its-friday-yes.gif

Anyone notice that the Jets have 3 consecutive road games in weeks 3,4 and 5

Week 5 being against NE.....a good spot to beat them,the Raiders and Ravens will be brutal back to back considering both have stout defenses,the Jets should be a bit banged up.

i love the 1 pm games...and only 4 games (if, like i hope, there is a season...) will be playied at that time...

i love the 1 pm games...and only 4 games (if, like i hope, there is a season...) will be playied at that time...
True, for those living in Europe the earlier games are surely better for you.

For those out west, it is just the reverse; a 1:00 kickoff happens at 10:00 am in California and at just 7:00 am in Hawaii (not much time for pre-game tailgating!)

If my math is correct a 1:00 game kicks off at 7:00 pm your time, and the 4:15 games start at 10:15; is that right?

Some comments (sorry to be redundant on some):

- I kinda like more 4:15 games. When I go to the game, it is better because you can make more of a day out of it. One PM games you gotta either get up really early or have a really short tailgate. Granted after a 4:15 game, kinda sucks if you gotta get home to put the kids to bed. Having DirecTV Sunday Ticket gives me a lot more games to watch in full since most games are played at 1 PM.
- I really like the fact the Pats play four .500 teams or worse at the end of the season. Rather not have to face a tough team if the Pats need to absolutely win a game towards the end of the season and it also can help to give momentum going into the playoffs.
- Like that they play San Deigo early. They always start slow.
- I wish the back to back night games were switched. I would rather have the extra day to prepare for the Jets.
- Speaking of November, the only real bad stretch (and it could be brutal) starts October 30th vs. the Steelers and ends December 4th with the Colts. A relatively easy schedule otherwise. Granted that is six games in a row with potential playoff teams.
- I don't like the Raiders game coming after an away game. I think traveling to the West Coast is draining and I would hope it was surrounded by home games and/or a bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News