PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 NFL schedule rumored to be announced Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good if there'sa an NFL season this year.
I was wondering with Sept.11th being on a Sunday if league will schedule Giants/Jets on that night. Not sure if anyone mentioned it or not.
I would think that would be pretty much a sure bet. Only exception be if that happened to be on Rosh Hashanah - both of those teams avoid playing at home then - but that is not until the following week.

Pre-official announcements are starting to be leaked.

Very surprisingly, rather than Jets-Giants on Sunday night in week one it will be Giants vs Redskins and Cowboys vs Jets. Apparently the Giants - Redskins angle is to commemorate both NYC and Washington DC.

Jets will be at Patriots week 5

Jets finish season in Miami

Giants vs Jets on Christmas eve

Harbaugh Bowl, 49ers vs Ravens on Thanksgiving night

Lions get to play in primetime: Bears at Detroit on MNF October 10

Patriots host Giants in week 9 at 4:15

Last edited:
I got an early release of the schedule for the 1st 4-weeks!!!

Week 1 CANCELED

Week 2 CANCELED

Week 3 CANCELED

Week 4 CANCELED

Week 5 being Pats-Jets = lockout for first 4 weeks.

Very surprisingly, rather than Jets-Giants on Sunday night in week one it will be Giants vs Redskins and Cowboys vs Jets. Apparently the Giants - Redskins angle is to commemorate both NYC and Washington DC.

I wish they would have kept @JEST week 2.

It would be nice to have a predictable annual event.

I just can't get excited about anything on the "schedule" until it is more than an exercise in fantasy.

Patriots have also announced that they will open up on the road for the first time in four years.

Also, 3 of first 4 games will be on the road - which is okay with me. There's more of a home field advantage late in the year than there is early when it's warmer.

Last edited:
Leaked schedule info...just for fun

- Pats will be on the road for opener

- Pats 3 of first 4 games will be on the road

- Pats host the god damn Jets week 5

- Pats host Giants week 9

More to come....

Schedule:
Week 1: Pats @ ?
Week 2: ?
Week 3: ?
Week 4: ?
Week 5: Pats vs Jets
Week 6: ?
Week 7: ?
Week 8: ?
Week 9: Pats vs Giants
Week 10: ?
Week 11: ?
Week 12: ?
Week 13: ?
Week 14: ?
Week 15: ?
Week 16: ?
Week 17: ?

Last edited:
Re: Leaked schedule info...just for fun

The 'leak' about the opener came from 'RealPatriot', so less of a leak more announcement :)

Patriots have also announced that they will open up on the road for the first time in four years.

Probably at Philly against the Eagles since I don't see NE on the west coast against OAK or DEN and probably not going to be an AFC East clash either.

I would HATE to see NE out West and then having to come back 3,000 miles and jetlag and play the annual 2nd game at NY against the Jets...at the Jets will likely be week 2's game

Lions get to play in primetime: Bears at Detroit on MNF October 10

Patriots host Giants in week 9 at 4:15

The Cowboys vs. Jets angle is 'America's Team' against a NY team.

The 'leak' about the opener came from 'RealPatriot', so less of a leak more announcement :)

If it comes out early, it's a leak in my book :D

Probably at Philly against the Eagles since I don't see NE on the west coast against OAK or DEN and probably not going to be an AFC East clash either.

I would HATE to see NE out West and then having to come back 3,000 miles and jetlag and play the annual 2nd game at NY against the Jets...at the Jets will likely be week 2's game
Supposedly Jets will be at Pats in week 5, so I doubt they are playing each other in week 2. I'd assume the other game will be during network television sweeps, maybe week 10 or 11.

I would absolutely LOVE to see 3 games on the road and out of the way going into october.

Since meaningful games come in december the Pats might have 3 of 4 at Cold Foxboro and since they were 16-0 the past 2 years in the regular season,its a definate advantage.

Last edited:
Supposedly Jets will be at Pats in week 5, so I doubt they are playing each other in week 2. I'd assume the other game will be during network television sweeps, maybe week 10 or 11.

You are probably right IF week 5 game prediction holds up correct.

If NE and the Jets would get their 2 games out of the way within the first 2 months that would be great,but I doubt that will happen...too much rivalry here.

Not when I cover it with saran wrap :D

Or your book could be one of the plastic ones that kids have in the bath :)

Denver @ Oakland on MNF week 1.

Here's my guess.

Week 1: Steelers (a) - SNF or MNF game 2.
Week 2: Bills (h)
Week 3: Broncos (a) before flying further west for
Week 4: Raiders (a)
Week 5: Jets (h) - MNF
Week 6: BYE WEEK
Week 7: Phins (h)

Leaving 5 big games for November and December with Philly, Dallas, Jets, Colts, Chargers

I would absolutely LOVE to see 3 games on the road and out of the way going into october.

Since meaningful games come in december the Pats might have 3 of 4 at Cold Foxboro and since they were 16-0 the past 2 years in the regular season,its a definate advantage.

Almost.. Pats rumored to open with 3 of first 4 on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back