PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 schedule release thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's Out!!!

I don't think it's that bad. Bye week before San Fran, who is awful, and before the Chargers game, and then an extra day before the Denver game. Then a home game against another bad team.

The 2nd one is rough but it ends with the Raiders, who are dreadful, and then a home game against Arizona. It could have been a lot worse IMO.

Except you are assuming that neither San Fran nor Oakland will be significantly better than last year. Even though they haven't had a great history, there is no way you can count on this. For all we know, both could end up being playoff teams.

And before you laugh, what would have been your reaction before the 2006 season if someone told you that the Saints would be in the NFC Championships? Or before last season that the Giants would be playing the Packers for the NFC Championships and the Giants would go on to win the Super Bowl? And Tiki Barber didn't decide to come out of retirement.

I could easily see a 4-0 start and a 14-2 season looking at this schedule. And that's if the Patriots don't perform above expectations. No wonder ESPN said we had a creampuff schedule.

This is the most bizarre schedule I have seen in quite some time. I am exhausted just looking at it. I see 13-3 and a very tired team entering the playoffs. Honestly, I don't feel overjoyed

if we dont have either 1 or 2 seeds and a bye week....well be a VERY tired team in the playoffs....

but a 13-3 should assure us of either 1 or 2 seed i believe

Except you are assuming that neither San Fran nor Oakland will be significantly better than last year. Even though they haven't had a great history, there is no way you can count on this. For all we know, both could end up being playoff teams.

And before you laugh, what would have been your reaction before the 2006 season if someone told you that the Saints would be in the NFC Championships? Or before last season that the Giants would be playing the Packers for the NFC Championships and the Giants would go on to win the Super Bowl? And Tiki Barber didn't decide to come out of retirement.

Don't disagree but there's no other way to evaluate the schedule at this point. And Drew Brees and Eli are better than Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell. This is not at all debatable.

Re: 2008 Schedule leak thread

@49ers then @Chargers sucks so bad.

I also don't like that the two most talented teams on the schedule are both away games. Wish it could be split like last year. Ah well.

The scheduling committee didn't do this team any favors but that's still a favorable-looking schedule right now just due to the seeding system.

Well, if we have to play 4 games on the West Coast anyhow, they might as well be grouped together to at least give the -option- to stay out there between games.

The early bye week is chomperrific though.

Re: 2008 Schedule leak thread

13-3 will be our best mark, 12-4 at the worst. All in all, our chances to be a #1 seed are still very good.

Don't disagree but there's no other way to evaluate the schedule at this point. And Drew Brees and Eli are better than Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell. This is not at all debatable.

I don't know if you can say that. Russell is going into his first full year as a starter. He might turn some heads. As for the 49ers, if they can sure up their defense and Gore is healthy, Smith could be irrelevant.

I might be the only one around here that thinks that Alex Smith could be productive at the very least with a decent WR corps.

What they should do with the bye weeks:

There are 8 divisions of 4 teams each. Have the bye weeks from week 4 thru week 11 and give each division the week off together. Rotate it every year. So you go from a week 4 bye to 5 to 6 to 7 etc...

If for tv purposes you can't do that, then split the divisions in pairs (ie Jets/Pats along with Saints/Panthers or something) always have the same bye, rotated every year.

At first glance one would assume our game at San Francisco, which is at 4:15 on CBS, would get the majority of markets across the nation. But a look at the league-wide schedule shows that CBS is also airing Bengals @ Cowboys at 4:15 that same week (Week 5). It will be interesting to see which game gets priority. Remember, CBS usually only has one Cowboys game a year and they send Nance and Sims to call it. I guess it will depend on how the 49ers and Bengals are doing up to that point.

This is the most bizarre schedule I have seen in quite some time. I am exhausted just looking at it. I see 13-3 and a very tired team entering the playoffs. Honestly, I don't feel overjoyed

Couple of mitigating factors...

1) The last 3 games should be against teams looking at draft position, not playoff position.

2) Buffalo isn't much of a road trip (pending the travel weather).

3) Before Thanksgiving, the games lay out fairly well. No killer stretches of games. The @SF, @SD, DEN string isn't cake, but that follows the bye so they should be in good shape to attack that stretch.

You do bring up a good point about being fatigued for the playoffs, but I only consider that an issue if they don't have a bye week. Even at 13-3, I see the Pats as a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC. Home against ARZ, short trip to BUF, bye week, home playoff game. Knock on wood for health, but that doesn't sound too tiring.

:rocker:We have Indy, week 9 on SNF. We are home for week 8 against the Rams @ 1PM on Sunday. The Colts for week 8 are on MNF @ Tennessee!. Love it. Short week for the Colts, and the Colts face a tough division opponent on the road.

ONE Monday night game? Not that its a bad thing for the team, but ONE? Wow.

prolly kraft asked to be voided from ESPN

:rocker:We have Indy, week 9 on SNF. We are home for week 8 against the Rams @ 1PM on Sunday. The Colts for week 8 are on MNF @ Tennessee!. Love it. Short week for the Colts, and the Colts face a tough division opponent on the road.

it was the opposite for us last 2 times.

I actually think catching the MNF game after the back to back west coast games is a good break. You get an extra day/day and a half to rest from the travel. The Seahawks game COULD be flexed out, so that's not set in stone. I dont have a problem with two b2b west coast trips... either stay out there a week each time, or get the long travel out of the way in condensed groups. Anyone see any way this team doesn't come out of the chute 5-0? Pretty good schedule, IMO.

well remember when we played those late primetime games eagles/balt. The team was exhausted. Not to mention this time they have to travel out west. i think the prime time games add to the difficulty of the travel

last 3 out of the 4 games are on the road . This is quite significant. i think

13-3. Year ends against a few cream puffs.

Could be a lot worse. This schedule kinda reminds me of 2004.

They'll lose 2 to legit teams, maybe back to back San Diego and Denver, then drop one against Miami or Buffalo, get a first round bye and travel for the AFCCG, win, and avenge last February!!

Wow, TWO back to back West Coasters. I wonder if Kraft asked for that to cut down on the travel if they stay out there.

i don't know whether the nfl accomodates requests like that lest another team complain, but that's brutal travel in any event and it might be a good idea to stay out there between the niner and charger games as well as between the seahawks and Raiders games. the problem obviously would be getting a suitable facility and taking the entire enterprise (training room, game tapes, practice equipment, etc) on the road in the heart of the college season when no big dime. also, i wonder if the CBA allows them to require players to be away like that?

last 3 out of the 4 games are on the road . This is quite significant. i think

well remember when we played those late primetime games eagles/balt. The team was exhausted. Not to mention this time they have to travel out west. i think the prime time games add to the difficulty of the travel

it was the opposite for us last 2 times.

05adowner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes